Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress How to (not) remove Kebab and (not) survive Great War (HoI2-1914 mod))

FreeCiv1.png

Hello!

Well, this is 100th anniversary of the WWI, so I thought that I could come back to good old Hearts of Iron 2 and one of the mods I like.

Why?

I played Serbia once. Everything went fine, I defeated stupid Osztrok-Magyar many times. But then I had computer issues. And never finished the War. Now I want to deal with it like a real man, and because last time I was playng on the easiest difficulties...

FreeCiv2.png
... now, this game will be harder, but luckily, Austria-Hungary is... you know... LAME!
(You may notice two options at the bottom - my CD was not in the best shape, so I assume it's a reason. These two are options from Doomsday add-on, and it's for taking all IC (Industrial Capacity) no matter of province nationality and capturing Tech Teams of annexed countries.)

So, let's start this very first episode. Welcome our music entrepreneur.

Episode 1

So, now let's look on our awesome country of choice.

FreeCiv3.png

As you see, our army is not so great. But it's valorous, of course. The good part is that every division on A-H border is Guards division (with one Cavalry division in Belgrade). Guards acts as elite kebab removing infantry, but they're not as good to remove Australians of premises.

FreeCiv4.png

The bad part: we have 2 blocked divs in Kosovo. Why blocked? It's scenario thing - the event must fire to unlock(I suppose that it's connected to eventual failure of defenses or war with stinky Bulgarians). We can't use it, so I won't upgrade it to newest model.

FreeCiv7.png
Oh, and we have airforce. Serbia don't likes planes. NATO things.

So, now we can begin our preparashun to war. Unfortunately, our Industry is not the best one, but we'll do what we can.

b1afe3d8-7473-4b48-9f28-58ec138b6da0.png

Starting with - our domestic politics. What it changes - picture explains (Also - did you notice who's Head of Inteligence? He must be of a nigger 'cause he has a Black Hand. BADUM TS!)

dfedfd60-9980-4e8f-9ee6-39fdd6033af5.png
We change ministers for more appropriate for war. +5% IC is invisible, and who needs industrial research?

FreeCiv6.png

Speaking of research - we need better doctrines for our infantry. Thank god it's not so bad. We need only one tech to be up-to-date. Mass Charge, I say. It gives boost to Morale, which helps to regain Organisation after battle.

And we're offensive. Nothing strange. We all know that Serbs are nation of great and noble warriors (not to mention outstanding accordion skill).

FreeCiv14.png

But to fight, we need more good soldiers. But again, we're too poor, cause much of our industry goes for a jewgold.:keepmyjewgold:

We can recruit only two Reserve Divs (which are much worse than Guards, but we can make a 2 divisions before war, and even if weaker, it's far better than having none).

FreeCiv17.png
Our Orthodox brethren like us much.

FreeCiv21.png
And Panama Canal is open. Now Yuropoor can into Pacific easily.

(BTW - for some reasons, Chinese kebabs want to deal with us. No way.)

FreeCiv23.png

But as you see, Osztrok - Magyars are gathering troops. And I think that I should change diffficulty, maybe ;)

But, I see the way of getting new troops. From where?

From stinky Albanians, of course.

FreeCiv24.png

They wantings our Kosovo, and have one Infantry Div. So, why won't make them our puppet and use their forces in upcoming war?
Of course, I'm not sure if to make some one puppet you have got more than 70% of territory, so maybe it maybe impossible to puppet them AND have their puny army not destroyed.
But, if we take all their territory, maybe we could ANNEX them, and use their Industry?

Of course, you must bear in mind that HoI2 is quite linear, event-driven game. I'm not sure, how game will react on unsuspected actions of player.

So Codexian brethren, VOTE!

A) Leave Albania alone
B) ATTACK!

Sentiment. And Darkest Hour starts month before the war, and have almost no time to prepare and no chance with A-H. At least this is how it looks for me. What's better in DH?

SPECIAL REPORT NEWS

Remove_kebab_Serbiaball.png

Forgive me, for I have sinned...

serbII1.png

We cant remove kebab! Which is puny, "'cause someun hav' to do dis".
Look! This isn't even a country!
They're ruled by some "International Commision". We all know that international organizations are:
1) for weak
2) weak itself
3) in hands of zionic politics and jewish handełes
4) they can do nothing in Serbia! Here we can play our national sports like "Bosnia harvest" and "chasing a Jew"!

So, what we gonna do?

C) Cheat - and make AAR more attractive!
D) Do not - which will makes preveous voting pointless

VOTE!

BREAKING NEWS (known as EDIT):

We CAN attack! Why? Becausze of one, forgotten by me, option, given by DoomsDay or Armageddon (not sure).
You see...

FreeCiv2.png

... there is also - under the "Use Counters" - one extra option. While I was reading an HoI4 thread here on Codex, I recalled myself, that it is optin named...

"Democracy can start Wars".

You know, for people who don't want to mess with Belligerence, spycraft and so.

Anyways, with that thing, I suppose we can try to attack Albania. With no remorse.

Or maybe not? You can vote A or B until the 8.00 AM (Potato time).

In case of draw - ATTACK!

Last edited:
Episode 2

serbII2.png

Ok, to remove kebab we move our humble Guard divs.

Albaniaball_avatar_by_deimosthescorpion-d7cv85g.png

We need it to remove this sneaky Albania Kebab. He may not wear his fez, but we all know he's of Kebab and smells badly.

serbII3.png

Meanwhile, shit's going on the world. But funny thing - Kebabs don't get navy ^_^

serbII4.png

And our Greek Orthodox brethren want to tighten our bonds of KebabRemovings.

serbII5.png

I decide to change general for Logistics Wizard. His special ability makes units use less supplies.

serbII7.png
Then came February 6th, 1914. Operation "Shqip" works nice. Although we've got some decent Dissent stab and we are attacking through mountains, we have bigger and better forces. I am now seriously thinking of not giving a fuck with them and annex them, 'cause the Shqip army is a popamole.

Albania_family_photo.png

And NO ONE even care for stinky Albania. Where are your International gods now?

serbII10.png

Of course, we know, who was displeased with this war. JEWISH BANKERS! :keepmyjewgold:

serbII11.png

But the jewish physics can never stop us from removing kebab.

serbII13.png
Soon, on 15th February, their stinky capital has been taken over. No soap was found there, so everything is explained.

serbII14.png

Our victory is ensured, so we can do almost everything. For example- make them puppet, so they'll be stinking themselves in the corner alone and will never wantings of our Kosovo. And we'll get our own gas weapon - as ypu remember... they stink. And have one div.

BUT - maybe this one, old div isn't worth as much as their IC? of course, we won;t get full 4IC, cause we don't have core for Albania (who wish to have?)

So, my Codexians:

1) PUPPET
2) ANNEX

What's your choice?

Cassidy

Arcane
Actually, there is a Yugoslav war mod for Hearts of Iron 2, and a vapor update of it for Darkest Hour. I'm not sure if this engine could ever simulate properly the nature of the conflict fought in the 1990s there, while the libruls of Paradox would never allow a mod depicting it in a realistic manner(such as provincial manpower being lowered due to ethnic cleansing remove)

In any case, unfortunately there will never be any chance to play as SERBIA STRONG, to command Croatians in their brave fight as hiver, to try a hopeless struggle to keep Yugoslavia together amidst the mess or to defend kebab, because that mod is quite dead, or at least it seemed so last time I checked it.

oscar

Arcane
Speaking of which, what happened to your HoI mod Cassidy? It sounded cool.

Comte

Actually, there is a Yugoslav war mod for Hearts of Iron 2, and a vapor update of it for Darkest Hour. I'm not sure if this engine could ever simulate properly the nature of the conflict fought in the 1990s there, while the libruls of Paradox would never allow a mod depicting it in a realistic manner(such as provincial manpower being lowered due to ethnic cleansing remove)

In any case, unfortunately there will never be any chance to play as SERBIA STRONG, to command Croatians in their brave fight as hiver, to try a hopeless struggle to keep Yugoslavia together amidst the mess or to defend kebab, because that mod is quite dead, or at least it seemed so last time I checked it.

This is where you are wrong. There is a chance to play as SERBIA STRONG in The Operational Art of War III (TOAW III) Yugoslav wars scenario 1991-1998.

http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenarii/browse_scenario.php

You need to browse the post cold war conflicts folder and find Yugoslav wars.

Yugoslavia Trilogy, Part III: 1991-1998
Yugoslavia's collapse

Version: 2.02
Best played as: All options open; against PO, best as Secessionist
1. SHORT SUMMARY
The scenario is intended to cover the wars in ex-Yugoslavia (Croatia and Bosnia) since 1991 to 1995, but also includes Kosovo campaign (1999-2000), as

well as resulting NATO air intervention and, possibly, a NATO ground campaign.
Scenario is intended to be long and complex, but also very rewarding - variaty of options, equipment and variation makes it tons of fun ;)
(See enclosed documentation for extensive details!)
2. SIDES AND UNIT COLOURS
2.1. SECESSIONISTS (those wanting independence)
Croatia
- Croatian Army (HV) - Lt Red (Guard units), Blue (Regulars) or Dark Red (Irregulars) on Blue
- Croatian paramilitary (HOS) - Black on Blue

Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bosnian Moslem Army (Mus) - White (Regulars) or Blue (Irregulars) on Green
- Bosnian Croat Army (HVO) - White (Regulars) or Lt Blue (Irregulars) on Blue

Kosovo
- Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) - Black on Brown
- Albanian Volunteers (ALB) - Blue on Brown

Foreign
- Foreign Mercenaries - Blue on Black
- Moslem Mudzahaden Volunteers - Teal on Black
- Al-Qaida terrorists - Black on Black
- Slovenia (Slo) - White on Lt. Blue (Army) or Tan on Lt. Blue (Police)
- NATO (NATO) - Blue on Olive
- Germany (GER) - White on Lt Grey
- United States (USA) - White on Olive
- UN Protection Forces (UNPROFOR) - Blue on White
2.2. 2) YUGOSLAVIA (Serbia and Montenegro)
- Yugoslav Peoples Army (JNA) - White on Red*
- In Serbia: Rep of Yugoslavia (VRJ) - Yellow on Red (Regulars) or Dark Red (Irregulars)
- In Croatia: Rep Serbian Krajina (VSK) - Red on Red (Regulars) or Dark Red (Irregulars) and Brown on Dark Red (Babic faction Irregulars)
- In Bosnia: Serbian Rep (VRS) - Black on Red (Regulars) or Dark Red (Irregulars)
- In Bosnia: Pro-Serb Moslems of Fikret Abdic (FA) - Black on Green

Foreign
- Foregin Serb Volunteers - Yellow on Yellow
- Russian Army - Blue on Yellow
- Foreign Mercenaries - Red on Black
- UN Protection Forces (UNPROFOR) - Cyan on White
Regulars refer to professional front line service troops (in some cases, also paramilitary units); while Irregulars include self-organized formations, conscript units, volunteers.
Some JNA formations have VRJ color codes because JNA is withdrawn during scenario, but the units that remain under Serb control under same name and composition are made VRJ from start. This is a better solution then having units disband and appear 40 hexes farther on the same turn.
3. VICTORY CONDITIONS
3.1. CHANCE OF VICTORY > LOCATION (FOR FORCE 1 = 2)
  • 100% > Beograd = Zagreb
  • 60% > Podgorica = Split
  • 33% > Banja Luka = Mostar
  • 33% > Knin = Sarajevo
3.2. Score endings
Both sides have three Peace plans they can accept (activated by Theatre Options), for which you lose VPs and then Score ending is considered. Peace

proposals are made at various (historic) times and are available for a limited time. Amount of VPs lost varies.
Scenario can be said to have two possible historical endings:
1) Yugoslav player chooses 'Accept Dayton Accord' Theatre option (PO mostly does) or
2) Secessionist forces capture Knin, thereby winning.
Any other ending apart from these two is unhistorical.
4. SIGNIFICANT EVENTS
4.1. LOCAL
  • "Fortress Vukovar" rule: Yugoslav player is effected by bad shock until he captures Vukovar.
  • Sometime in 1992, war will start in Bosnia. Bosnian Moslems and Croats will join Secessionists, while Yugoslav will get Bosnian Serbs and more JNA

forces (Yugoslav player has the option of speeding up this event in the Theatre Option box).
  • Chance of war starting in Kosovo following good Secessionist progress through several events. This will release Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) to

Secessionist player.
  • Secessionists have Theatre Option to call Slovenia to join war, but it will cost them VPs if it succeeds. Slovenia will deploy only several brigades

and will probably withdraw after some time.
  • International pressure will cause Serbs to dismantle JNA in mid-1992, upon which the units will be reorganized into VRJ, VSK and VRS formations.
4.2. FOREIGN
  • Good chance Germany will deploy air and airborne forces, then smaller chance of massive ground troops being send to aid Secessionists if Zagreb is

threatened.
  • Good chance Russia will deploy air forces and then elite para troops to aid Yugoslavia if Serbia proper is threatened.
  • A chance of World War III starting in Europe if Russia intervenes.
  • A chance of WW3 going nuclear if it starts (means defeat for both sides).
  • Yugoslav conquests and events edge NATO and US closer to intervention: there are three NATO air intervention levels, each with a number of air

units.
  • After NATO intervention, if Yugoslav player continues with 'dubious' actions, US/NATO will deploy a carrier group and large air forces.
  • Good chance US/NATO will deploy massive ground troops if air attacks don't bring war to close.
  • NATO/US ground attack will start out from Italy, Albania and Macedonia. Slovenia will allow NATO troops passage to enter war from Italy.
  • Good chance Germany will send it's own ground forces following NATO intervention.
  • Good chance Slovenia and Albania will join NATO forces if they deploy ground troops.
  • Deployment of US forces could trigger Russian air intervention.
  • Some actions (negative ones) on part of Secessionists can cancel US/NATO deployment. Be weary of inviting mercenaries, attacking UN forces or negative

Theatre Options.
  • UN protection forces (UNPROFOR) will enter the scenario to protect threatened cities. They are locked and unusable, but can be attacked. Destroying

UNPROFOR units could have very serious consequences (nationality of troops can matter).
4.3. POLITICAL
  • Presidential elections will be held in Croatia and Serbia in 1992. Default, historic and most likely result is reelection of previous president, which

changes nothing. A right-wing opposition winning in Croatia will prevent dismantling (and raise new) HOS units and start more aggressive war operations. His

victory will also cancel Croat-Moslem war which otherwise starts in 1993. A moderate candidate winning Serbian election quite possibly leads to peace

agreement being made (point scoring ending).
  • Serb ally, Russia, has a permanent Security Council vote. This gives Yugoslav player access to an important decision in Theatre Option screen: placing

a Veto on the extension of UNPROFOR mandate, which causes UN troops to leave forever.
  • Serbia has a random (15%) chance of obtaining nuclear weapons from Russia. This will be deplored by NATO, but only usage of these is certain to cause

international intervention.
  • UN will form the Hague Tribunal for war crimes sometime in the game. They will demand both sides to send accused officers there. Depending on random

choice, acceptance will cost VPs and rejection will affect NATO variable.
  • Both sides have mercenaries available, which can be summoned by Theatre Options. Bringing in mercenaries will usually have bad consequences on world

opinion (although there is a chance of not getting caught). In addition to mercenaries, Bosnian Moslems can call for a Jihad, causing world outrage, but

brining many Mudzahedin units (without it, they receive only a few of these).
  • If Jihad is called for, Al-Qaida cells will start to operate in Serbia and there is a chance of a large terrorist attack on Belgrade, which cancels

NATO/US.
5. LAST NOTES / DESIGNER COMMENTS
This scenario has been long in making. An earlier, brigade-level scenario, was found to be too inaccurate. The result of several months of painstaking research, this version can be considered as 'coming close' to history. Information availability for this period will be low for decades to come. Regardless, I have done the best possible to recreate actual units and dispositions. Because the scenario covers many years, I was forced to make some choices. The most important one was to concentrate on one particular year for one nation to which the rest of the scen will be subordinate (this means that, in making one nation, I've chosen their 1994 order of battle and have the scenario 'work up' to 1994 with units appearing). All in all, I think the OOBs, objectives, events and unit placements make this a fairly accurate historic representation of the wars.
Historically, the wars presented in this scenario were separate ones. For all practical purposes, however, they were extremely linked by the size of the theatres and sides involved. There was never an alliance between "Secessionists", because leaders of breakaway republics could never get their priorities straight (Bosnians did not believe war could come to them, Croat and Slovenian leadership were suspicious of other nationalities, Albanians had no real military power) and, therefore, each nation was facing Serbian power alone until 1995 when Croatian-Bosnian alliance finally overcame Serbian supremacy. Despite lack of alliances, units did mix out through theatres: Serb units did not recognize borders and some Croatian troops entered Bosnia to join the fight there. Not only, however, where there no alliance, but Croat and Muslim Bosnians fought amongst themselves during 1993. However, TOAW-CW supports only two "sides" to battle. Because of that, I have united all non-Serbs as one side, since the object of all sides fighting Serbs is same: secession from Yugoslavia. Unfortunately, TOAW limitations have impaired my vision to some extent - if it would support another 500 events, I would probably fill them out without any problem. Luckily, I got around to finishing all units for Force 2 just before I realized I'm all out of space for more units!
If the scenario could plays out in total historical lines, Kosovo and Serbia would be 'locked-out' until the KLA uprising. As this is not possible to do in the game, and to allow greater flexibility and fantasy variance to the basic game, anything is possible: after all, the game is here to simulate options, not follow a script. It is still possible to end in a historic-like ending if the Serbs choose the 'Sign Dayton Accord' Theatre option from late 1995. This ends the game, however.
Another point I want to make (since I know the people looking at this scenario could be in one way or other involved in these wars) is that I am, by nationality, a Croatian. I, however (and unlike some people I won't name), do not base war game scenarios on anything other then historical accuracy and making playability interesting. If you have a problem with the way any nation has been presented in the scenario or briefing, I am very sorry history/realism offends you. If anything, it is your actions (mostly through Theatre Options) that determine who is 'the bad guy' is in the scenario.
Igor Rzaunek

Episode 3

serbII1-1.png

Hey, guys. As we all know, Albania is of half kebab and have some ungodly gender issues.
So I think that we should remove kebab of the premises.

If you look at the picture above, you'll see that Albanian army is weak and indolent and shitty. Moreover - just like in vanilla, Albania has little Manpower, so even if I puppeted them and used their army, they'll bleed to death.
Their IC and resources will be much more helpful in my hands...

serbII2-1.png

Meanwhile...

serbII3-1.png
Yes, we accepted this. Why? More supplies are better supplies.

serbII5-1.png

serbII6-1.png

And we try to improve mutual relation (current: -44) with Greeks and Gypsies Romanians (+27!), our Orthodox brethren.
We might need their forces to remove kebab, when the time is right.

serbII8-1.png
Finally, annexation removal of Albanian kebab can proceed.

serbII12-1.png
More supplies!

serbII14-1.png

Meanwhile, in Kwanzania...

serbII15.png
China again, with more supplies!

serbII16.png

Here you see our problems. Partisan effect is not from Albanian resistance, but from general dissent in the country. But it takes quite great amount of our precious IC. of I can't remember,whether patisans in provinces are affecting additional losses of Industrial Capacity, or it is fixed value.(Troops sent to remove kebab are now on Anti-Partisan Buty in Tirana, BTW)

serbII17.png

Here you can have a glimpse of our mighty Serbian marshal Radomir Putnik, doing his stuff. It goes slowly, but I hope he'll get on time. OSZTRAK_MAGYAR ITZ COMING!

(At top of the screen you can see our stockpile - we captured lot of supplies in Durazzo aka Tirana)

serbII18.png

While I was analyzing Tech tree, I found such marvel in a Industrial section. Each of this tech should give off-map Money (+1, with War Economy +2 and last one +4).

serbII19.png
But... there is no money! Someone has been robing us from 3 months... Of course, we know who it is! And what he wants to achieve!

So, my dear Codexians:

1) Should I conficate adequate amount of Jewish money for these 3 months and expel Jewry bankers so money will flow to us as it should be (EVENTS!)
2)Don;t cheat - game hates me, so grit my teeth and carry on

VOTE!

(Or you'll meet your cultural enrichment)
Youre_About_To_Be_Culturally_Enriched.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
2) Using cheat lik ubikebab Otonman Emprahirie AI make you lik worst turk. SERBIA STRONG need no cheat to victroy.

Episode 4 - sponsored by Disney

So you chosen the way. Jew 1:0 Goyim

-----------------------

serbIV_2.png

All we hear is radio ga-ga... I mean, victorious Serbian scientists (like Nikola Tesla, huehue) made some breaktrough in radio thing. But this will wait for the better time...

serbIV_3.png
Greeks are trying to do some politic stuff... It's nice!

serbIV_4.png
It does... something?

serbIV_5.png
It is related to upper picture? Nevermind. We have neither time nor resources to expand our Air Force.

serbIV_6.png
*Gazprom intensifies*

serbIV_7.png
A sneak peek in costs of upgrade for two divs (the blocked ones). Ofkorz, we won't waste IC.

serbIV_8.png

Meanwhile, Kwanzania, the lover of Liberty, Equality and Happiness, shows the American Way of Bringing Democracy to striking workers.

serbIV_10.png

We have delays on production, so I shift more IC in production.

serbIV_11.png

Finally, the "20.Bregalnicka pesadijska divizija" arrived. It has been deployed to Tirana for tempering Kebabs (and let our Guards get back to Nis)

serbIV_14.png

The occupants of our Slavic brethren are doing nifty jewish politics on us. This won't and good. I can only imagine what happened on that memorandum...

serbIV_15.png

GREECE U MAD?

serbIV_16.png

And finally shit hits the fan. Germans are asked for support. BTW - in real world, Preussen weren't so war-mongering as you would imagine, but it's for another episode

serbIV_17.png

But we see some movenents to north and some rotations on our border (you see little green triangles?). We can suspect that they're gathering more soldiers on Russian front, but where is final destination of units from Mostar, Sarajevo, Osijek and Zrenjanin? God knows. But don't worry.

God is a Serb.

Episode 5

serbV_1.png

So, immediately move my reserves div to Uzice. There is only one div, so it's our weak point. But further reorganisation is required to prepare for the never-changing war.

serbV_2.png
We know what happens soon (OSZTRAK MAGYAR COMING!). We need good men to defend ourselves. Here is one of our best men. In Nis, our foces are well dug-in and we wont attack from there. Someone, who is focused on defence and know how to manage limited resources.
serbV_4.png

Next, we separate our Cavalry form rest of Belgrade-stationed troops. We give command to Mj. General Plazina. Good skill and ability to deceive and suprise enemy are always high-valued.

serbV_6.png

In Uzice a great commander able to deceive and perform successful strike upon our godlesss enemy, will be needed indeed.
therefore, I appoint great, if not the greatest Serbian war hero (yes, better than Milosević), gen. Živojin Mišić.
When time will come, he will guide us towards VICTORY!

(Historic info: HERE)

serbV_7.png

Politika said:
Ambassador of Greece visited Prime Minister Nikola Pasic and his cabinet to congratulate latest removal of Kebab, suggesting that both counties should forget the past grieves and work together for greater cause.
Prime Minister, in name of His Majesty Kralj Petar I, thamked him for a support and assured that there may be the day, when our unspoken dreams come true...

serbV_8.png

Meanwhile, in far Vienna, Rome and Berlin. Everything seems to be according to our timeline...

serbV_9.png
Kebabs are not removed totally, but they'll be...

serbV_10.png

Our Montenegrin neighbours are trying to improve our relationships.
Probably, King Nikola of Petrovic-Njegos inited our King Petar to play Billard and drink Vodka like a real men.

Which could happen, the palace of Montenegrin king was known as "Billards" due to... d'oh...

Biljarda.jpg

serbV_11.png
Russia likes us too.

serbV_13.png
Death of communist and pacifist traitor? Well done!

serbV_14.png

And the unevitable has come... Stupid Austro-Ugarska doesn't know that we didn't kill Franz Ferdinand (or maybe know?), and doesn;t know that we can remove not only Kebab.
Especially if something doesn't let us to remove kebab.
Serbs get anzious, when cannot into remove.

serbV_15.png

Of course, Austro-Ugarska are stupid imperialist and Slav haters, so they declare war.
But with God's grace and Russians, Serbia prevail.

SERBIA STRONK!

Episode 6 - 'and let slip the dogs of war'

(for your convienence in spoiler)

serbVI1.png

Here we start. As you see Central Powers should be raped in the ass, but God in heavens know, if the Frenchies won't surrender soon.

serbVI3.png

As it says on a tin. The most important news is our Slavic brother - Montenegro - joins us in our righteous cause.
The fact is, in real life Montenegrin king Nikola I was pro-Southern Slavic unification under his command, but was enthusiastic to help King of Serbia. When the war was over, his own parliament abolished him and decided to join Serbia :P

serbVI4.png

Of course, to survive, we need direct control over our allies.

serbVI6.png

We use their cannon fodder army, to conquer Ragusa and provoke an attack from Mostar territories, which are full of highly untresspassable mountains.
When you attack someone who is already attacking, you get bonus for 'flanking' (Or enemy gets some negative modificators? Can't remember.)

serbVI11.png

Also, we send one under-graded division to reinforce our Uzice group.
serbVI12.png

serbVI13.png

There is a lot of news form world. The most valuable information:
  • Germans say kebab is weak and shitty and can't into revelance. In reality, Germans wanted to support Ottomans with war assets, but they were in need of Berlin-Constantinople railroad access. This situation forced Huns to send some units on Serbian front and make maneuvers to drag Bulgaria into war. What it means in terms of gameplay? Don't know.
  • Greece and Romania stay neutral - like in our timeline
  • But Japan doesn't.
Meanwhile, we finally seized Ragusa - known also as Dubrovnik.

serbVI16.png

German stacks of doom. But AI seems to do nothing but airstrikes. On all fronts. I hope when I'll continue game they'll start attacking.

serbVI17.png

After updating land doctrines, we focus on improving our communication. Soon we buy from Froggies blueprints for this with an freshly discovered doctrine.

serbVI20.png

I couldn't withstand Austro-Hungarian lack of initiative. I decide to attack myself with the best Montenegrin commander, Janko Vukotić.
He is universal leader that gives bonus to attacking mountains.

Unfortunately, we attack two mountaineers divs, which are well trained to cope with traversing mountains and dealing with enemy.

serbVI21.png

Then comes cavalry div and I decide to spare our blood and withdraw.

serbVI25.png

Four days later, mountaineers leave Cav alone. I couldn't waste time, so I lay attack and support even from Uzice.

serbVI27.png

When cav is defeated, the single Mountain div comes to replace them. As you see, they have humongous bonus for fighting in mountains.

serbVI29.png

When, Cav is dispatched, a Reserves are coming in our way. Of course, we just smashed them as usual...

serbVI32.png

... but then! Suddenly, the Mountaineers come again! It just pisses me off...

serbVI33.png

I have nothing to lose. A command our War hero Misić to strike with his elite kebab removing dov to strike upon our Godless enemy! Let's hope that Osztrak-Magyar won't attack Uzice...

serbVI34.png

... and Belgrade, 'cause I move our Cavalry to help.

What happens next? God knows.

Episode 7 - this is The End?

serb71.png

A HUMONGOUS army of so called Austro-Hungary is storming the capital.
I decide to give up attack on Mostar region and prepare for eventual possible retreat.

serb74.png

The shit happens on the world...

serb76.png

Un avoidable is coming. The zerg rush of K.u.K armee is disastrous for us.
Luckily, they cannot even sing their anthem...

serb78.png

Next, the Nos falls... we are like Earth, and the Osztrak-Magyar Mónarchia like them...

reaper_fleet_by_shreas.jpg

Anyways, I see some plan. The AI is an idiot, who simply walks with his great army and circle the Srbija like... well, the Reapers every 50.000 years. After Nis, next one will be Pristina. So, If we some how distract the K.u.K.-Armee, with e.g. re-capturing Belgrade, they may stretch their army or maybe even split. This makes fine opportunity to strike them, so for now I left army in Uzice.

serb79.png

serb710.png
serb711.png

serb712.png

Meanwhile, I send any Montenegrin armies I can spare for Novi Pazar and supporting the retreating Elite Kebab removers.
i did it with hope that A-H will not attack Cetinje (Podgorica on map).

serb714.png

The K.u.K-Armee falls in our trap. At least it seems so... A little bit later I commend a capture of Belgrade's ruins and counter -attack on Nis from troops of Nov Pazar.

serb716.png

But suddenly, A-H attacked Ragusa!

serb718.png

In Belgrade we met an chivalrous Cav div, but with support of Guards, we are sure to win. Maybe then Zerg Fleet will split.

serb720.png

Three days later, Pristina and Belgrade was taken, but 17 divs in Nis are to big... So we wait, maybe the opportunity to achieve great victory is soon?

serb721.png

Then shit hits a fan...

serb723.png

But maybe not everything is lost? K.u.K Armee is indeed seperated... To not waste resources in case of Belgrade-staying enemy retaliating, I send only one Guard div.

(Meanwhile, I over-supplied my forces in Novi Pazar - this helps them to carry on better on battlefield)

serb726.png

So, here we are! ten technically encircled divs in Pristina. The only chance to win the war, and we must hurry up, otherwise - They'll sneak through Montenegro...

serb729.png

Unfortunately, our all forces are clashes in ferocious, yet uneven battle with enemy, who doesn't suffers as hard form encirclement and lack of suppliess as I expected, and we are disorganized warriors.

Who willl win?

And so, my fellow Codexians. I'm in harsh time. As RPG-Codex doesn't approve cheating, I think rather of... acceleration of happenings.

You see, there are two, well organized divs in Stip. I know the event, that unlocks them, and if I could take them in battle, there is a slight chance that I'll win and restore order on our lost territories.

So, VOTE!

A)Move those divs!
B)lLet them stay and watch like their Serbian brethren bleed...

Comte

A

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom