Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey treave, I'm just curious but... is there any chance C will actually get us killed?

As in Nuwa makes her bullshit demands again, then we turn her down, and we die?

Tigranes

Arcane
A.

You stupid cunts, I can't believe you are praying now. Yes let's go through hell twice over for zhang jue, harem, buddy karma and jianghu kickass, and right at the end you just want to pray to heavens that hate shun, don't exactly like us, amd if chi you links are genuine, really want to fuck us up. What kind of bargain can they offer now anyway? Anybody think they will give us shun back as our friend, eliminate the demon, or save the tang empire? No way. Then what are you even aiming for besides some vague hope?

This is our story and this is the,mess we gotta solve. If it means killing shun so be it. Maybe it didn't have to be this way but we won't know that now (until treave postmortem). Praying is basically saying we don't care what happens to us or shun (since I doubt we can just back out to a or b after praying). We let the gods choose the most critical outcome of our carer. Fuck that shit.

Absinthe

Arcane
How about we just wait and see instead of asking the GM to spoil the ending?
That's hardly ending spoiling. I mean in C we are going to kiss Nuwa's ass and then ask pretty please. I'm pretty sure that's not the option that brings war to Nuwa.

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
I've always been a steadfast opponent of praying and I hope it doesn't win. I suspect things aren't exactly as they seem. Even though B is getting no love, there have to be some good arguments for it.

Absinthe

Arcane
The argument for B is that we trust Shun to somehow make the best of it for the country. But we're leaving him to inherit a war of unimaginable scale and we're not really solving the problems with the celestial bureaucracy either (plus we kinda like our main character to stay alive) so it's not that tempting.

The possibility is there for this to become a turning point in your life and devote yourself to learning the arts of immortality: simply put, if you don't have actual magic of your own, expect to be polymorphed into a pig for shits and giggles should you try anything stupid.
I can guarantee you that there is zero chance of dying if you pick C. :lol:
:hmmm:

Esquilax

Arcane
The argument for B is that we trust Shun to somehow make the best of it for the country. But we're leaving him to inherit a war of unimaginable scale and we're not really solving the problems with the celestial bureaucracy either (plus we kinda like our main character to stay alive) so it's not that tempting.

Past history with this voting bloc where we've had both Ean and Xu Jing as protagonists seem to strongly indicate the exact opposite.

Absinthe

Arcane
Amusingly, your one attempt to actually get Jing killed instead got us to take over the Fire Cult and obtain a legendary tech.

Baltika9

Arcane
My principles have always been to pick the third option if I don't like the other two.

Tigranes

Arcane
My principles have always been to pick the third option if I don't like the other two.

This is exactly the wishful thinking that has no place in a critical update. Its pretty sphere diplomacy - the situation looks bad, let's hope for a rabbit out of a hat which is known not to like us. Come on. Do you really think a deal with nuwa will be worth the tradeoff?

Baltika9

Arcane
I have no idea. But what I do know is that both A and B will fuck up the Tang and our faction with no way to go back. Sorry man, but we have spent so many pages in both LPs arguing that "THIS IS CRAZY, NO WAY WILL IT WORK, YOU ARE RETARDED" and have it work out that I'm kinda desensitized from that. Also:
Shun begins laughing, throwing his head back with wild abandon. “Jing! You never fail to surprise me! I thought you would use Wuxiang Qiankun to raise yourself to my level, but it looks like you found another way of your own! That is just your style, isn’t it?” Glancing at you from between his fingers, he grins. “I was caught off guard... you should have killed me with that blow. I suppose you thought the sword was suspicious?” His hand makes a grasping motion.
Jing is the matter of the third option.
Besides, I was kinda wanting this meeting for a while, so there's that too.

Tribute

Arbiter
How about we just wait and see instead of asking the GM to spoil the ending?
That's hardly ending spoiling. I mean in C we are going to kiss Nuwa's ass and then ask pretty please. I'm pretty sure that's not the option that brings war to Nuwa.
Are we? I figured he was just going to demand answers and try to get her to cut the bullshit.

Neither Jing nor Shun are known for kowtowing in their interactions with the supernatural.

Baltika9

Arcane
What will happen:
“Well, here goes nothing!” As you approach, every fine detail of those wrinkled, slimy lips come into focus. You leap onto the monstrous Lady Mi. Gritting your teeth, you clamp your mouth over its maw. Nothing is happening. You feel the mushy flesh sliding around and the stank, fetid breath of the surprised monster. Nothing seems to be happening, except for a certain nasty catch in your throat that is about to cause you to empty your stomach. “Blow! Blow into it!” shouts Xiahou Yu. Cursing the day you stepped foot into this mansion, you blow as hard as you can. The demon shrieks. Plumes of foul green vapour begin shooting out from its skin as it scratches at you, attempting to pull you off, but you can sense it weakening. Still, it is not dead.
Only more hawt.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Are we? I figured he was just going to demand answers and try to get her to cut the bullshit.

Neither Jing nor Shun are known for kowtowing in their interactions with the supernatural.
That is not a good idea.

The possibility is there for this to become a turning point in your life and devote yourself to learning the arts of immortality: simply put, if you don't have actual magic of your own, expect to be polymorphed into a pig for shits and giggles should you try anything stupid.

And Jing has a certain inability to help himself when it comes to poking fun at self-important figures.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
I wouldn't normally vote C since I hate gods, and I have always opposed the PRAY option in the past, but I hope we are going there to sort things out, to find a third way out like we did back when we put Shun on throne or countless other times. We have always found a way out up till now so maybe we can sway Heaven's will one last time.

Besides we have the Sword Demon in us. Maybe he can fuck things up in Heaven.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Straight A flop. Preparation is the most important part in sphere diplomacy... we can bring it to them when we are ready to kick ass.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, no matter the winning option, will we kiss Shun?
There has been so much homoerotic tension between them that I would be disappointed if it didn't lead anywhere.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Besides we have the Sword Demon in us. Maybe he can fuck things up in Heaven.
Last time he tried to be funny didn't turn out well for him.

No,
simply put, if you don't have actual magic of your own, expect to be polymorphed into a pig for shits and giggles should you try anything stupid.
We are on our way to get the Rabbit of War ending. :lol:

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
C is sphere diplomacy all over again.

Nuwa hates us, the celestial bureaucracy is determined to see the dynasty fall, and Jing is notorious for being unable to keep himself from giving authority figures lip. The only reason you want to take it is because you don't like the price for A or B, even though C is bad for reasons of its own. The reason I want A is so we can wage war against the celestial bureaucracy and put an end to their bullshit. Also The Brazilian Slaughter, if we vote A, we still get another vote about what Jing is going to do next. It's not the God of War ending (if that is even still a possibility) unless we decide that next.

Nevill, any chance of flopping back to the way of Zhang Jue?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom