Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

skaraher

Cipher
Well my idea is Ninja Gaijin - a guy that is a 'ninja' but is not of Japanese origin

So... you want us to play a weaboo?

ghost_dog.jpg

A bit like this guy ? :troll:

Rex Feral

Prophet
treave

What would have happened if we went for a 10 Luck character at the beginning instead of Luck 1? Would we have been able to stop the Heaven plots? Would we still have had people dying on us and us failing without really being our fault?

Esquilax

Arcane
What would have happened if we went for a 10 Luck character at the beginning instead of Luck 1? Would we have been able to stop the Heaven plots? Would we still have had people dying on us and us failing without really being our fault?

According to the character creation, the max luck at the very beginning that we would have been able to achieve is 8 Luck, which is nevertheless a whole lot, but still probably a ways away from having what would probably be the best luck in the universe.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Didn't we have at least two opportunities to raise our luck during the course of the story? We would have been able to max out our physical stats this run if we had wanted to.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We would be Forever Alone, so it would not be an issue:
I have to wonder, though, what would a LUC 10 character be like? Would they have a perfect quiet life where they just coast through everything, or would they have similarly extreme luck, it would just mostly be good things and they wouldn't have to take absolutely insane risks in order to come out ahead?
Women = Bad Luck

Therefore

LUC 10 = No Women
:M

Jester

Arbiter
Hoboridery, adventure, and steel on steel! The stuff of Legends!

We need a hero with an S-tier intellect to make up for the retardation of the voters. It is the only way our character will live through the prologue.
Rather S endurance. :lol:
Could be some kind of Teleporting dude to.

Esquilax

Arcane
We need a hero with an S-tier intellect to make up for the retardation of the voters. It is the only way our character will live through the prologue.

There is only one solution to this conundrum. I present to you:

THALOSSUS
Strength: A
Speed: D
Intelligence: S
Power: C (Titanium Skeleton)

Speed is a D because Thalossus is rather overweight.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, but would it help us any better than the ultimate Sword Tech we've got? Or did it not make a difference in the outcome how we choose to fight?

What about the first question? What would the astrologer tell us that could serve as a leverage when speaking to a God? Or if it wasn't leverage, then what would those secret options be for?

It'd prepare you better for defying Heaven. Shun's backup plan. But as said, Jing does things his way.

Mortals are not privy to Heaven's secrets. +M

Seeing Jing return to Cao'er was very nice. But why Yunzi and Qillin weren't there? Could't use the immortality neigong, didn't want it or Cao'er didn't share?
What happened to Xuezi? I felt she lost her immortality forever and one reason I didn't want to lose Jing in the ending was that I wanted her to to at least have someone to grown old alongside her, she was arrogant but ultimately good.

(damn you, treave! I wanted to make a super-hero CYOA first - But luckly my setting is unique enough not to feel like a rip-off, even had ideas for a future sequel, in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE of course!)

Xuezi's condition for teaching Cao'er.

Sleeping in an eternal block of ice.

If you want to do it, do it, so that you have no regrets. /philosotiger

treave

Bad luck affects everyone but good luck only affects you alone. Just ask Zhang Manxing. :M

Seeing Jing return to Cao'er was very nice. But why Yunzi and Qillin weren't there? Could't use the immortality neigong, didn't want it or Cao'er didn't share?
What happened to Xuezi? I felt she lost her immortality forever and one reason I didn't want to lose Jing in the ending was that I wanted her to to at least have someone to grown old alongside her, she was arrogant but ultimately good.

(damn you, treave! I wanted to make a super-hero CYOA first - But luckly my setting is unique enough not to feel like a rip-off, even had ideas for a future sequel, in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE of course!)

Xuezi's condition for teaching Cao'er.

Sleeping in an eternal block of ice.

If you want to do it, do it, so that you have no regrets. /philosotiger

Waitt, Xuezi didn't want Cao'er to preserve Yunzi and Qillin for Jing? XUEZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

So Xuezi is sleeping in a eternal block of ice?
So...
We could say
Xuezi is...
A Prisioner of Ice?
:yeah:

Heh, one day, one day, when it JUST right and perfect... /perfectionistjaguar

Looking fowards to the next adventure!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, in my experience, nothing is ever going to turn out just right and perfect. More likely than not you'll find you have to improvise all the time, trying to gauge the reactions of the audience so that you can maintain their engagement, or having new ideas popping into your mind and wanting to incorporate them, or on the flip side, realizing that some ideas might not be so good, and dropping them as subtly as you can. All of these will constantly happen while you run it.

I feel that jumping into the deep end is the quickest way to figure out how you want to approach this. Of course, if you're not ready to begin your lengthy, epic masterpiece, why not try a short run, a self-contained story of about ten or so updates where you can test out C&C and get a feel for the stuff?

Tigranes

Arcane
treave

As with everyone, a thousand gratitudes for eternal pleasure, dear writer.

Qs:

1) What is the one character you ended up giving much more/less screen time to than anticipated?

2) What is one story arc, event or trope that you planned for a while but we never got to see at all or see fully, whether because you cut it or because we stumbled our way out of it?

3) What was one Codex voting decision that really had you wondering what the fuck we were doing?

Nevill

Arcane
2) What is one story arc, event or trope that you planned for a while but we never got to see at all or see fully, whether because you cut it or because we stumbled our way out of it?
Yes please. Except for Huashan Summit, of course. :)

By the way, how was the 2nd chapter originally supposed to go before we started to continuosly ignore Zhang's challenge?

Rex Feral

Prophet
treave

Back on Maniac training we could have trained for five years. What would have happened had we come out of Maniac Island only 2 years after the Huashan Summit? Would it have been directly into the epilogue?

Nevill

Arcane
By the end of the third year Chi Tianxie comes by and drags you to the altar by the ear.

-The End.-

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave

As with everyone, a thousand gratitudes for eternal pleasure, dear writer.

Qs:

1) What is the one character you ended up giving much more/less screen time to than anticipated?

3) What was one Codex voting decision that really had you wondering what the fuck we were doing?

More screen time than expected - If you count the gaidens, Zhang Jue. Turned out to be a hugely more popular character than I anticipated, and I couldn't help but pander shamelessly. :negative: If not, technically Nuwa, who would not have made a single appearance if there was no PRAY.
Less screen time than expected - Too many to count here, since there's a lot I could have done with most of the characters that appeared. If I had to pick one, Xiahou Yu. But that's my fault, since in retrospect I should have included him in the Youxia City Constables arc.

Again, a lot of things that never made it, but I think the biggest event after Huashan Summit would be the Eight Sects attacking the Fire Temple. It was scheduled to occur after Huashan but before Shaolin, though I decided to postpone it to shortly after Xiangyang and the BDS, if prior to this you had triggered enough flags for the event. This also reduced Yunzi's importance to the plot even more.

Attacking Zhang Manxing again. Well, not really, after two years doing this shit nothing really surprises me all that much anymore. I was a bit frustrated back in pre-timeskip Youxia when you guys picked to hear out Du Yao despite being expressly warned that there is no going back if you do, deciding to do exactly what you were warned against, and then proceeding to attempt to shut down an entire city of crime with just five straight-laced orthodox pugilists. Also, I don't get why people get so upset and vitriolic at what the characters in the LP do sometimes. :?

By the way, how was the 2nd chapter originally supposed to go before we started to continuosly ignore Zhang's challenge?

Run around being introduced to each of the eight sects and challenging them.

Back on Maniac training we could have trained for five years. What would have happened had we come out of Maniac Island only 2 years after the Huashan Summit? Would it have been directly into the epilogue?

Super Ahura would have taken over half of the country by then.

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
It was scheduled to occur after Huashan but before Shaolin, though I decided to postpone it to shortly after Xiangyang and the BDS, if prior to this you had triggered enough flags for the event.
Did we avoid it, or was the whole arc scrapped for another reason (taking a shortcut)?

What were these flags? Obviously, an alliance with Shaolin was a major breakthrough, as well as gifting the swords to the BRO sects, but did we do enough to prevent the unBRO ones from starting their crusade?

Rex Feral

Prophet
treave

How about some fights?

Super Ahura vs Yang Xue on drugs

Super Ahura vs Legendary Techniques Shun

Wang & Ahura vs Yang Xue

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Did we avoid it, or was the whole arc scrapped for another reason (taking a shortcut)?

What were these flags? Obviously, an alliance with Shaolin was a major breakthrough, as well as gifting the swords to the BRO sects, but did we do enough to prevent the unBRO ones from starting their crusade?

One flag away from starting it. Depends on how you dealt with orthodox demands.

Getting into that mess with Huashan Twins undid most of the goodwill.
Could he have supplanted HEAVANZ and rescued us from Nuwa?
No.

treave

How about some fights?

Super Ahura vs Yang Xue on drugs

Super Ahura vs Legendary Techniques Shun

Wang & Ahura vs Yang Xue

Ahura has a slight advantage.

Ahura is more powerful, but will find it difficult to win.

Wang & Ahura will beat Yang Xue.

Nevill

Arcane
One flag away from starting it. Depends on how you dealt with orthodox demands.
What were they planning?

Speaking of which, I thought we would be able to make counter-demands when we nurse Wuxing back to health?

Rex Feral

Prophet
So Super Ahura was the top tier fighter of the story?

Could we get the Fighter tiers with everyone in it again?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom