Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite games boxart (non-RPG)

• Thread starter User was nabbed fit
  • Start date

Section8

Cipher
Amnios.jpg

B17FlyingFortress.jpg

BeneathASteelSky.jpg

BirdsOfPrey.jpg

Brataccas.jpg

giger.jpg

IndianaJones4.jpg

ShadowOfTheBeast.jpg

ShadowOfTheBeast2.jpg

Stryx.jpg

Psygnosis win.

Fez

Erudite
Section8 delivers the good stuff. I didn't think anyone else had played some of those games you've chosen. They seem to be pretty obscure now.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ah, Shadow of the Beast! How could I forget that. I don't think I ever heard of "Amnios", "Brataccas" or "Stryx" before. Are those good?

Oh, and... - what a great website! All my favourite Amiga games! This brings back memories. Even their boxes were better than these days!
Agony.jpg

Ambermoon.jpg

Astaroth.jpg

DarkseedAS.jpg

Texas Red

Whiner
Hey, in the future there might be a huge collectors market for box art for games. There always is for these kinds of things. Look at the Soviet propaganda posters, telephone cards etc.

Fez

Erudite
Amnios was a pretty fun shooter as far as I can remember. Really hectic and relying a lot on fast twitch reactions. Very simple though. It seemed visually good at the time too, though that has faded.

I can't remember much about the other two.

Fez

Erudite
I see the MobyGames cover is very popular.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Shit.

If you right-click on the image and do view image does that load it?

Fez

Erudite
Nope. You have to link to the page or rehost it.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Well I can see my own images plus the images of other people who have posted from Mobygames.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Box-l-jp.jpg

ghoulsghosts.jpg

Populous.jpg

Supremacy.jpg

Section8 delivers the good stuff. I didn't think anyone else had played some of those games you've chosen. They seem to be pretty obscure now.

Alot of those were ported to the mega drive, when i was a kid i'd go with my brothers to some scruffy shop full of games and just have a renting and buying spree. (second hand so they were cheap)

So many good games on the mega drive, ecco, golden axe, altered beast, splatter house, chuck rock, cool spot, chakan, revenge of shinobi, james pond, zool.....ohh my.[/img]

Section8

Cipher
Ah, Shadow of the Beast! How could I forget that. I don't think I ever heard of "Amnios", "Brataccas" or "Stryx" before. Are those good?

To be perfectly honest, there are probably pretty good reasons for not having heard of them. Most Psygnosis games of the era were decidedly average scrolling shooters with ironically, pretty piss poor graphics. I guess the idea was to have a beautifully presented box that would sell regardless of what was inside.

Shadow of the Beast on the other hand was something else. It still looks gorgeous graphically, especially with those layers of parallax scrolling. And on top of that, it was very playable, and very fucking difficult.

Fez

Erudite
I didn't think the Beast games were all that playable really, there were a lot of silly flaws and the absurd difficulty of them was frustrating. Gorgeous to look at though. Even the c64 version looked good for the platform thanks to the cartridge format.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am a graphic whore for Shadow of the Beast.

And the music! Oh, the music.

Surgey

Scholar
While obviously not the best X-Com game, I really like the Apocalypse box. It's too bad the soldiers didn't look that cool in-game.

xcomapoc.jpg

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Well, I've played Dark Seed, Beneath A Steel Sky and Fate of Atlantis. Only really enjoyed BASS.

Here's one YOU probably didn't played:

492px-No_Mouth_Box_Front.jpg

A_Leftist_Pig?

Scholar
Possibly Retarded
Ahh...That game :) Good old times. Used to play it at a friends house as a lil kid together with the lemmings and this awesome Macintosh game about a little thief running away from the cops in black and white + you could put holes in the ground. Loved them all.

AZ

Liturgist
I really liked Max Payne 2 boxart. What about Fragile Allegiance?

fragilealleg-h.jpg

User was nabbed fit

Oh shit yeah! The Max Payne games were sweet and had some pretty cool artwork (not just the covers).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom