Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

imweasel

You can get an infinite amount of these...
Vj0uyYt.jpg

... by typing in "61290" when in dialog with Cpl. Solveig Sefors, if you have the kickstarter version of the game.
:lol:

Gord

Arcane
Seems to me they have improved the looks a bit over the beta, though.
Pure graphic fidelity for me isn't the issue though, rather I think the art direction is hit or miss. Esp. the concept art is pretty cool and the environments aren't so bad either most of the time. And yet it misses some certain charm. Maybe that has to do with using stock Unity assets or with some lacking, well, direction.

Well, I will anyway wait for some Codex reviews before deciding if to buy or to pass for now.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Doc, Muscle, Bunny and Jester just started their duty on the Wasteland. The atmosphere is top notch, I can tell you that from the beginning. The graphics is OK, the style is just what I wanted, UI is fine, the only problem is some mouse lag in the inventory. I already love this game.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Brother None
sea

BUG RAPPORTS:
returning to highpool after wiping out wrecking crew if you've released the indian. can't report on the wrecking crew, all Sean Bergin says is something like "breaking out a criminal? that's low, even for rangers"

How does it hold up to Fallout 1 and Dead State? Comparable? Or more herp derp mad max nonsense?
it has nothing on fallout.
it's much better than dead state.

the most comparable game would be shadowrun returns. the combat is essentially the same. it is obviously much more fleshed out in terms of interactivity and RPG systems (inventories, attributes/skills, etc).

Astral Rag

Arcane
Game is awesome and runs buttery smooth but it does heat up my GPU (560 ti twin frozr) something fierce. I've turned down some settings for the time being but this is definitely not normal especially because frame rate is capped at 60FPS. ("frame rate target" actually works, I checked with FRAPS)

I can run demanding games like modded STALKER and GTA 4 without this problem...

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Game is awesome and runs buttery smooth but it does heat up my GPU (560 ti twin frozr) something fierce. I've turned down some settings for the time being but this is definitely not normal. Framerate is capped at 60FPS.

I can run demanding games like modded STALKER and GTA 4 without this problem...

Blame the unity engine hehe.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
BUG RAPPORTS:
returning to highpool after wiping out wrecking crew if you've released the indian. can't report on the wrecking crew, all Sean Bergin says is something like "breaking out a criminal? that's low, even for rangers"
Cool, email us at support@inxile.net and please include a save file demonstrating it. :)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I forgive you

That's an unusual way to phrase an apology for being too stupid to distinguish low-tech graphics from poorly- or awkwardly-implemented graphics.

I can't seem to delete custom snapshots, by the way. The game constantly re-deposits them in C:/Users/xxx/My Documents/My Games/Wasteland 2/Custom Portraits even after I've deleted them, both at startup and at intervals during character creation. Guess I need to find out what's doing that or where they're really stored and put a stop to it.

Also, the portraits are buggy. Sometimes males show up in the female section and vice versa, but not always. Then again, :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:?

Last edited:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Quick note guys:

We are already working on a patch (actually as of several days go) which will contain fixes that for one reason or another did not make it into the release build. A lot of this is last minute stuff we couldn't change like localization bugs requiring new code, quest bugs or "unexpected" stuff, anything that needed new text strings added after string lock, etc.

We will of course be checking for bugs and issues on our forums and at our support inbox but the turn-around for those, unless we find really critical issues appearing that need fixing ASAP, will be a bit longer.

kain30

Cipher
started the game, i´m on the radio tower right now... and i fell in love with this game. combat in the third difficult is cool. a booby trap exploded on my engineer face almost killing it. I made the first choice with yet unknown consequence
i told the raiders on the radio tower that they can join the rangers for a small fee. lets see what will happend later

in short: liking it a lot so far

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Found a very strange bug. Some times while in combat the game world will "freeze" everything continues on like normal except the only things you can move around with the camera is the shadows. In other words camera is locked in place while the shadows are the things that move like when you move the camera around.

I don't know shit about how steam actually works, maybe somebody can answer this question. I bought Divinity OS and am done playing it, is there anyway to trade it now, or is it only able to be transferred before the key is used? Because if I could trade some of my old games with somebody who has an extra wasteland 2 key I might try to do that, but I am not sure it is possible. I am guessing it is not possible..but don't really know.

Zeronet

Learned
So, with the higher tier armors, can you make your rangers look like they're wearing heavy armor and/or power armor?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
how the fuck do you interact with the wagon in the prison FFS

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know shit about how steam actually works, maybe somebody can answer this question. I bought Divinity OS and am done playing it, is there anyway to trade it now, or is it only able to be transferred before the key is used? Because if I could trade some of my old games with somebody who has an extra wasteland 2 key I might try to do that, but I am not sure it is possible. I am guessing it is not possible..but don't really know.

Haha nah, that's not how digital distribution works. It's yours and only yours, forever.

Or at least until some EU policy forces the ability to resell games on Valve.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow, the game becomes intense pretty fast!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom