Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V coming to Steam

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Brings up an odd notion in universe: Why did the design suddenly go to shit and suddenly the LEGS of these things become the weakness? The super important parts of these mechs are also the weakness on a very devastating level it seems. Memories fuzzy if it actually was the legs or not.
Yeah, you actually kill the Metal Gears in 1 and 2 by planting C4 and throwing grenades at their legs, respectively.

It apparently took a scum-sucking weeaboo to tell them that armoring the legs would probably be the best idea.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Disposing bodies by parachuting them into sky and pulling a horse out of your pocket when needed. Is this game full of such gimmicks? It seems like taking a piss, but could be sort of fun in a quirky way given the sandboxy nature. The AI as seen in video posted couple of pages back looks to be dumber than in first Hitman game though.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Admittedly, Kojima's biggest problem (beyond his lack of an editor) is that he really likes his set-piece moments and gimmicks. It's arguably at its worst in MGS2, with the swimming sections, and MGS4 with the multiple shooter sections on vehicles. MGS3 was better on this, as the only really gimmicky segments come back-to-back at the very end of the game, but I guess we'll just have to wait until release to see how severe it is this time around.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New gameplay:

Metal gear Solid V

+ complete, translated cutscene:

1:50 = best video games boobs ever, can't wait for nude mods.

image_metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain-26334-2584_0002.jpg
image_metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain-26334-2584_0006.jpg

Sul

Savant
It looks pretty good, both gameplay and visually. If Kojima plays it right the big maps can really take advantage from the absurd attention of detail and out of the box thinking that makes past Metal Gear games special. I also love how the engine can cast shadows on fog or dust and the game has actual lighting and color instead of some piss filter.

The over the top animation from past Metal Gear games combined with the realistic art style does make it look uncanny though. Also, isn't Big Boss using the same suit that Snake used in MGS?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
nah, she probably needs to show her boos to not die or something inane like that.

Sul

Savant
Damn... This is even worse than all that Ocelot/Miller or Big Boss/Decoy Octopus shit.

Machocruz

Arcane
I have no audio, so what is going on with Quiet in the gameplay video? Is he giving her move-to commands? Is she providing overwatch?

It's my assumption (strong enough to call it certainty), just can't imagine other reasonable explanation for so sad-looking chick to be dressed like a prostitute if it's supposed to have any deeper meaning (-> suggestion in Kojima's twitt).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom