Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Grim Monk

Arcane
I have some questions for sea & Brother None:

1. I choose to revoke my Steam Beta and get Deluxe Version DRM-free on GOG.
(That means that it will be removed from my Steam Library.)

I've still got the second key left.
I thought about redeeming it on Steam to get easy patch updates, but fear it might get revoked by mistake.

2. Back in Nov 8 2013 I got a free copy of Wasteland 1 on GOG as a backer thank you.
inXile entertainment says:
Hello Rangers,

Your FREE COPY of Wasteland 1 – The Original Classic awaits you in the Ranger Center. As we continue to work hard on its sequel, we’re very happy to give you the opportunity to play the original. As a Wasteland 2 backer, you are eligible for a Wasteland 1 key regardless of your tier or the timing of your support (early, late, whenever).
After getting my Deluxe Edition today, I got codes to redeem Bard's Tale, and (again) Wasteland 1.
So now I have a second key, can I give it away to a friend?

Regarding:
You still have 1 key left to claim.
Please select the service you'd like to download from, either Steam or GOG.com:
Does the option to choose GOG vs Steam expire?
Do the keys themselves expire?

If I decide to not redeem it on Steam, I was going to give it away to a Bro on the Codex.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
What's up with UI, it's teh smallest ever. I setup text on LARGE and having trouble with text. Portraits are like 10x10 pixels on screen. Dialogue text and protraits should be bigger. Noone saw it in beta?

Ag Center was a bit boring... But i am having fun with my team, utilizing skills.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't read the whole article yet but something annoyed me: The "metacritic" score for this game is 79, I checked which was the currently highest-ranked game and it's something called "Kentucky Route Zero - Act III" that has a FUCKING 91.

Fuck this world.

Yeah, the shitty Joystiq review took it down ("awesome game, but BUGS LOL 6/10")

What's up with UI, it's teh smallest ever. I setup text on LARGE and having trouble with text. Portraits are like 10x10 pixels on screen. Dialogue text and protraits should be bigger. Noone saw it in beta?

Ag Center was a bit boring... But i am having fun with my team, utilizing skills.

I think you can scale it up.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Haha, got my ass kicked when I met the toad. Not as bad as when I first met the TOEE toads but still... Nice to see that the game can be real unforgiving when it wants to. Permadeath for partymembers, nasty time-limit on revives and silly wildlife tearing me apart. Anyway, girlfriend is pissed that I'm spending my free evening on this, so back to ye olde ball and chains. Looking forward to playing more.

EDIT: And she tells me to 'go play that game you looked forward to so much.' I love that chick.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To all of you asking about physical copies -- my potato friends have their potato physical copies since yesterday... Actually I kind of envied them the nice printed manual.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Grenades are completely insane. Not sure if that's good or bad. Throwing a pipe bomb into a crowd of 5 people was the funniest part of the game so far, though.
They are great but expensive... designed to be more of a "get out of jail free card" instead of a primary weapon, but they are limited enough that you can't rely on them.

And it's real rough when enemies use them... some fights in LA are very brutal that way.

Divinity: Original Sin
I've just changed my digital copy from steam to GOG. but the game is still in my steam library... Will it disappear eventually? Or do I now have two copies?

The same happened with D:OS, anyway, but before I lost my copy, I used the codex key I got and it took over. But my account register both copies (of D:OS)... It never acknowledge the loss of the game.

Dermi

Novice
To all of you asking about physical copies -- my potato friends have their potato physical copies since yesterday... Actually I kind of envied them the nice printed manual.
But they have regular retail version made by Cenega, which has physical disc with Steam key and is different than boxed copies promised during KS. We're still waiting for those to be shipped (hope it'll be soon, I want my big box!).

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I've just changed my digital copy from steam to GOG. but the game is still in my steam library... Will it disappear eventually? Or do I now have two copies?
It'll disappear once we send the revoke list to Valve.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

There's a manual? Is there a digital one? Can't find one online and I'd like to know WTF the difficulty settings mean.

circ

Arcane
Haven't read the whole article yet but something annoyed me: The "metacritic" score for this game is 79, I checked which was the currently highest-ranked game and it's something called "Kentucky Route Zero - Act III" that has a FUCKING 91.

Fuck this world.

Yeah, the shitty Joystiq review took it down ("awesome game, but BUGS LOL 6/10")
Seems like perfectly valid criteria to bring down the score.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But they have regular retail version made by Cenega, which has physical disc with Steam key and is different than boxed copies promised during KS. We're still waiting for those to be shipped (hope it'll be soon, I want my big box!).
Correct, that's what I meant by "potato physical copies" :)

There's a manual? Is there a digital one? Can't find one online and I'd like to know WTF the difficulty settings mean.
It's been up for days... link

Dermi

Novice
BTW sea, is there some timeframe for revoking Steam key and getting GOG one? I'm considering changing it from Steam to GOG but not before I get boxed copy, which will be also tied to Steam. I like to have my keys and games in order ;)

Correct, that's what I meant by "potato physical copies" :)
Right, somehow I managed to miss that one ;)

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Someone needs to get Obsidian off their butt so they cans end the GOG keys to their PE backers. I'd rather not be forced to play this on Steaming Pile Of Shit. I need to get something out of my $250. L0L And, WL2 looks actually like fun.

Cazzeris

Fuck this world.

Seems like perfectly valid criteria to bring down the score.

Yeah, but Joystiq has reviewed the f****** beta instead of the final version.

Brian Fargo said:
*Please note in the small print of the review.

This review is based on a pre-release Steam download of Wasteland 2, provided by InXile. Both the PC and Mac versions were tested. Images: InXile.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was not the beta, but it was a pre-release version of the full game that had more bugs than the current one.

Branm

Learned
Hmm melee weapons or heavy weapons worth it at all? Or are assault rifles and Snipers still the end all and clearly superior choice?

Drax

Arcane
The problem is not that they substract points for bugs, the problem is that they rarely do that for AAA games, but if it's made by Obsidian/InXile/other medium independent studio then it's UNFORGIVABLE to have bugs.

Fucking slaves.

Zetor

Arcane
Just started playing, currently about 1/2 the way through AGCenter. So far the game is ok... not really blown away, but it's not terrible either.

Impressions:
  • The overall atmosphere and the text is pretty close to the original WL; I also like all the nostalgic references to it. Graphics/sounds/UI/etc are fine.
  • Combat is booooring and formulaic (moreso than SRR, which isn't a high bar to clear). Maybe this'll change with humanoid enemies and cover? To be fair, it's much less boring than WL1's combat (har)
  • Does dialogue design progress beyond 'exhaust all options (maybe hitting the hard/smart/kiss ass options when they come up) and occasionally choose the I ACCEPT THIS QUEST option'?
  • All the toaster / safe / crate / buried loot feels random, and not particularly fitting (why am I finding sniper rifles and hand mirrors buried in one of the ag center fields?). Kinda like a less interesting DivOS. I would've preferred much fewer lootboxes with more significant / thematic loot. Looting random vendor crap from enemies is OK, though it's a bit MMOy.

randir14

Augur
I'm getting worse performance than the beta for some reason. Lots of stuttering when panning the camera around. Performance in the beta was almost perfect with 80-120 fps in most locations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom