Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex Invades Steam

mondblut

Arcane
mondblut :bro: But actually, the only Avernum on Steam is the second "Escape from the Pit" remake. Got anything different to say about that one?

Nope, haven't played it.

EDIT: Oh wait, those are way too long anyway. :lol: 152 characters, man.

Bleh, they are worse than Shitter.

RoA1:
Based on German tabletop RPG, "Blade of Destiny" marries dungeon crawling with open-ended travel and unprecedented level of day-to-day micromanagement.
RoA3:
In a departure from the previous "Realms of Arkania" games, "Shadows over Riva" forswears the rigors of overworld travel in favor of urban setting.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
rpg codex > as great as Kotaku

Earlier this week, Valve unveiled their major "Steam Discovery Update" for the Steam store. Not only does the store look a lot blue-r now, but they've made some major changes to how games can be discovered and surfaced on the marketplace based on YOUR reviews and recommendations. Just in the last 48 hours we've seen Shadowrun Returns andShadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut appear on a number of great Steam Curator lists - RPG Codex and Kotaku Recommends among others - which is awesome!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/997730

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
10044.jpg

How odd, I deleted the PS:Torment recommendation, remade it, and still appeared at the end of our list. :/

Yeah, I tried doing the same with Heroine's Quest in an attempt to push it on top, but it just re-appared on the same spot. I assume the game's position on the list gets saved even if you delete it, for whatever stupid reason (must be a simple "show/don't show on the list" switch in Steam's database or something).

Have You considered deleting it, waiting 24 hours and then reinserting it? This database can't hold everything forever, maybe it's a feature for changing description without losing right order. Or just delete all and put 72 games list, but start from bottom:P

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i'm going to say something

I don't care for the Avernum games, except for the first trilogy.

Turjan

Arcane
So, RPG Codex is curator #57, just two spots behind "GamerGate Recommends", "Games that were wrongly criticised for their depictions of women..."

Yay?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We've now surpassed the old unofficial RPG Codex group in size. That didn't take too long.

1900 followers.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
So, about those Realms of Arkania and Avernum descriptions...

I think the Morrowind description needs to change.

laclongquan
: A classic tittle with all the trademarks of Bethesda's game makers -- some very involving gameplay that will keep you busy for hours, gorgeous art and graphics for all you to stare at, an open world for you to sandbox in, diversified item crafting for your inner packrat, and extreme moddability to boot. After you get tired of the base game, you can easily spend the same amount of time on various mods ranging from graphic changes to new quests.

Regrettably, Morrowind also features Bethesda's trademark writing, which is like a donkey hoof to the face. But that's okay - nobody plays Bethesda games for their writing - so feel free to totally (and easily) ignore it; you won't lose much. It is no wonder that the modding community and hardcore players alike adore this title. Morrowing is a good game for beginners to learn to play RPGs, for advanced players to learn how to powergame, and for hardcore long-timers to just mess around. This is the apex of Bethesda's game-making.

Bethesda's trademark writing started with Oblivion.

Morrowind is fine writing wise. Even better than fine.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Isn't Crooked Bee the resident Dark Souls fanboy? Where's the game on that list?

Dark Souls description: Best action rpg to date. Make sure to grab Dsfix.

Dark Souls 2 description: 2 Best action rpg to date. Make sure to grab Hotkey fix.

Blade of Darkness: precursor to Dark Souls, good action rpg with limb hacking mechanics.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Chris Avellone retweeted us.

Also, over 2000 followers now :cool:

[still need to double out number to beat the popamole rpg curator]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Thanks to thoroughly inclined activities such as social networking, curation of toplists on a DRM platform, and close monitoring of publisher Tweets, we will surely elevate the fight against the decline to a whole new level—helping to sell literally dozens of copies of games like Realms of Arkania, which, despite being uninstalled by their new owners after five minutes in the vast majority of cases, will at least provide whatever corporation currently owns the thrice-transferred rights to said properties with enough revenue to stock the branch office coffee bar once or twice....

Caving in to the ways of the agents of the decline is the path to destruction, my brethren. We must not be assimilated! We must remain strong and hide ourselves away (praise Cleve), complaining churlishly to one another, mocking the plebeians from the safety of our bunkers, biding our time in obscurity until we finally emerge at the appointed time—still pure and untainted, preserved just as we were in the golden era, a living capsule sent through time to deliver a cure to the rotten future.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep, sorry Blaine, the Fallout 3 version of the Brotherhood has taken over this forum. But you can always join the Outcasts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom