Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Bayonetta 2

I won't say B2 improves on the original in every way, but I'm definitely enjoying it more. It seems to cut down on a lot of the annoyances I had from the first. No fiery monsters, no constant Grace and Glory battles, the boss battles are more enjoyable and the segments like the motorcycle that break normal gameplay are a lot shorter and less obnoxious. And obviously the setpieces are really over the top. It's complete overtaken my gametime.

I don't know, I find Wii-U+PC to be a pretty good combination. But I'm a hopeless Nintendofag and find most of their games and sequels enjoyable. I was going to buy it for Smash 4 regardless of whatever else it offered.

Avellion

Erudite
While this isn't the best Spectacle Fighter I have ever played (Devil May Cry 3 is still on top), the game is still a shitload of fun to play and one of the best games of this year and a must have for anyone who owns a Wii U. It is a shame this game will never get a PC port.

Also, anyone who does not play on Climax 3 on their first playthrough is a faggot.

Ivan

Arcane
THIS PRAISE, THESE ACCOLADES :negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

Gonna buy the Mario 3d World Bundle on Black Friday :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

(of course Bayonetta 2 has already been purchased)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have never owned a console, but I am considering getting a Wii U to play this (and Xenoblade Chronicles X). Maybe as a Christmas gift to myself.

Last edited:

Avellion

Erudite
Since some people in this thread are appearantly buying Wii Us for this game.

Here are Avellion's recommended Wii U titles,
Exclusives: Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2 (Obviously), Stealth Inc 2, Expand Dong: Tropical Freeze.
Multiplats: Monster Hunter Tri: Ultimate, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Super Smash Bros 4

I bought my Wii U a month ago or so. So I may add more titles to the list.

As for the other Multiplats, get them on other platforms.

Ivan

Arcane
So 3D World bundle w/ 3D land > Mario U w/ Luigi U bundle?

I'm playing the Mario Wii one and it's pretty bland/uninspired/shit. How much better is Mario U than the Wii original, if not much then I'll pass.

Also, is Wonderful 101 like DMC at all, I know it's Kamiya but idk.
Fuck, I wouldn't even mind if he did another game in the vein of Okami.

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

I'm playing the Mario Wii one and it's pretty bland/uninspired/shit. How much better is Mario U than the Wii original, if not much then I'll pass.

Like I said, it's the same shit but with different levels. So if you didn't like the Wii one, then you won't like that one.

Avellion

Erudite

On another forum I frequent the general consensus seems to be like this: 3D World>Luigi U>3D Land>NSMB U>NSMBWii

I wouldnt say that W101 is a lot like DMC.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Then why aren't all japanese games put here? There are shittons of Japanese developed games in General Gaming.
because different mods moderate differently.

oh fuck, whom am i kidding... it's because we decided to fuck with you, specifically. we track every post you make in the staff forum, devise subtle ways to fuck your shit up, and have a running bet pool on when you'll finally have given in to the insanity of this place and snapped thoroughly. run while you still can. i'm serious.

Martius

Liturgist
Well, in theory W101 is slasher/hackandslash/beatemup/whatever but I would say its more between Bayonetta and DMC. Camera is isometric, combat is more about mixing different weapons and their moves. On the bad side game have some filler just like Bayonetta (flying in spaceship, shump section and so on). Its not so bad at first but its getting much worse near ending. Still I think its at least decent game, if you like this genre and Kamiya games you should give it a try. From what I can remember there should be demo on eshop.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
fKZrOpb.png

kamiya pride worldwide

I really want to play this game, if only to fool around in Tag Climax with playable

serious spoilers, bros
Balder and Rodin

but it's extremely hard to justify spending ~$320 on one game. The Wii U has almost nothing else of interest to me.

Itagaki's new game since Team Ninja exploded, Devil's Third, is also apparently a Wii U exclusive for some reason. Maybe some more action games will be arriving to the Wii U.

Machocruz

Arcane
The mech action in this game is amazing to behold. It's like seeing all the crazy visuals and scale you saw in old games like Forgotten Worlds and Gradius/Lifeforce finally realized in 3D. Makes me wonder what they could do with a mech franchise like Gundam or Diebuster.

bonescraper

WTF, that's the strangest release ever. I expected an announcement today.

sullynathan

Arcane
I started this on 3rd climax, which is supposed to be the "hard" mode and it isn't that hard outside of the lumen sage boss. I am finding this a lot more enjoyable than Bayonetta though and I don't know why, it's like the game just clicked with me very easy.

Also, I played on CEMU, performance has improved greatly. Even on my RX 580, I get 55 - 60 fps at 1080p. Not perfect, but good enough for emulation and no real slowdown.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom