Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rockstar "FIXS" San Andreas for 10th Anniversary

It is a fuck up, though I'm not so sure about its proportions. I doubt they're "epic". Having few songs less in stations is a bit of a bummer and aspect ratio thing is a minor inconvenience as I'll have to install a mod to fix it if I want to replay it now. Although I did have to use a fix for controls to work properly before too, not sure if that has changed. I guess I'll see how bad it is if I reinstall the game again someday. I have just replayed it sometime this year so I'm not in a rush to do it. Maybe someone else can inform us just how different a game it has become because of this patch.

Gerrard

Arcane
You know what I like the most about this thread? Retards who somehow make Rockstar's faggotry into Steam's fault.

Multi-headed Cow

You know what I like the most about this thread? Retards who somehow make Rockstar's faggotry into Steam's fault.
They blame steam autopatch, a valid point.
This is true, but supposedly (Haven't dicked with it myself since I love to receive the blessed Gaben's offerings daily) they've patched/are patching the "No update" thing. Previously when you had that set if a new update rolled out the game would go "WELP I DIDN'T PATCH BUT I CAN SEE I'M NOT THE LATEST VERSION SO I'M NOT GONNA START, SORRY BUDDY", and now SUPPOSEDLY it'll work properly.

Haven't fucked with that much myself since as mentioned that's not really my bag. I dick with Steam offline stuff way more than I do not-patching. Some developers even offer older versions of patches by using the Steam beta opt-in page (Thi4f inexplicably does this) so if developers wanted to they could even have every single patch version on Steam on-tap at once. It's just that most don't want to go to the effort.

Black

Arcane
Wow, so much privilege, so much entitlement. It's just a preview of how amazing GTA V 5 on PC will be, shitlords.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The game doesn't use any Steam DRM. It's SecuROM, as on other services.
I looked up the Steam page and community discussion and it says it does not.

If you can't launch San An without opening Steam, then it has Steam DRM. Since a lot of people got a patch they didn't want it sounds like it does.

Turjan

Arcane
If you can't launch San An without opening Steam, then it has Steam DRM.
Sure you can launch San Andreas without opening Steam. Just buy it somewhere else.

Regarding SecuROM, the Steam page still mentions it. Didn't check whether that's wrong though.

sc_zpsf3bf54ce.jpg

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sure you can launch San Andreas without opening Steam. Just buy it somewhere else.

Regarding SecuROM, the Steam page still mentions it. Didn't check whether that's wrong though.
Hmm decided to look it up on http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam

SecuROM listed in Steam system requirements but not present in game files.[80] Steam DRM removed with September 7 patch[81]

So I take it back, if you didn't make a back-up copy of San An after they patched out the Steam DRM, you deserve what you get.

Turjan

Arcane
Hmm decided to look it up on http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam
SecuROM listed in Steam system requirements but not present in game files.[80] Steam DRM removed with September 7 patch[81]
OK, sounds good.
So I take it back, if you didn't make a back-up copy of San An after they patched out the Steam DRM, you deserve what you get.
I still have a full 1.0.1 non-Steam copy, so I can cobble something together. Using mods is anyway recommended.

Turjan

Arcane
Well, as I said, I have a full 1.0.1 copy, so I can just copy those files over. Which also means I haven't looked for other means of doing this.

The latest Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas patch on Steam, which adds Xbox 360 controller support and a few other things, but removes seventeen songs from the game, including:

PLAYBACK FM

“Critical Beatdown”

Radio Los Santos
“I Don’t Give A f*ck”
“Express Yourself”

2pac is wack and West Coast were always a bunch of undomesticated sandmen, but stay the fuck away from Hip Hop's Prosper:decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom