Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment Virgin Thoughts/Perspective

Supercuts

Novice
Hey all, longtime lurker here. I decided to finally take the plunge and play through PS:T (or at least try...). I'm making this post to voice my thoughts and opinions as I make my way through the game; I do NOT intend to make this an LP.

First, on the advice of another thread, I have decided not to do any research on the game before I dive in. I did play through the opening once when I was young, but that was many years ago and long forgotten. From previous readings I already know that the mental stats, especially WIS, are key to unlocking dialogues. I am likely to cheat my stats up to 18 anyway, unless the chorus of derision is simply too great. I don't like second guessing myself on stat distribution, and cheating up to 18 will ease my mind as I take the game in. That's what I tell myself, anyway :)

I just downloaded the standard mod complement, and I'm about to dive in!

Supercuts

Novice
Already I find the atmosphere one of the best I've seen. Mort is cracking me up. The widescreen mod has made the visuals interesting as well. I'm fumbling with the right-click radial menu a bit but hopefully I'll figure that out.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I played the game with both high INT and very low INT (as a fighter), and enjoyed the game immensely both times. You don't need to cheat. This game is one of a kind, I can see myself playing it many more times.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
make sure to let guido henkel know

if you wanna talk to him dirty, you can mention the virgin part

or cheese toast

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am likely to cheat my stats up to 18 anyway
Why use such a half-measure instead of cheating your stats all the way up to 25 watching the game on YouTube instead? You will save even more time this way, and you can watch on your iphone in the school bus too.

Excuse me if I sound bitter. Usually I am beyond caring how peole play their games as long as they have fun, but one of PS:T strengths is reacting to your character's strong and weak sides, so you are depriving yourself of some fun by cheating.

Ivan

Arcane
Dak'kon: greatest npc companion ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom