Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It will be good crpg, without Gaider lgbt marketing it will have much better reception among players. Personally i don't have nothing against gays, lesbians or transsexuals [maybe i just don't agree to adopting children by them but thats all], this way or another these people were always part of society. And they deserve dignity and normal laws like any other human being.
If it's not main gameplay feature let it be, i think most of "gay haters" here and in overall, still lives with their mommy, have skyrocketing complexes or are just retards.
To some point making laugh about too much gay content in the game is nothing wrong like any other funny comments, but calling other people faggots etc. every time is just retarded "racism" and kind of sickness.
Calling Bioware shitty company etc. is also "too much", its good developer in the past but also in present gaming, and games like Mass Effect series had one of the most engaging stories and characters ever written in crpg gaming, Mordin, Wrex are among best npc's in today's crpgs.
Not to mention art style and overall scale.
It's sad that some people can say that writing, stories and rest were great only in Torment, BG, Fallouts etc. and are closed for new views, new games and new mechanics, calling almost any non-standard crpg game shit. Sure old games were great but new ones can be great too.
I play oldies to this day, launching Fallouts, Ishar etc. but please, they are just good "memories" of the past, for many of us from childhood where everything "was better". Time to move on.
Not to mention reading rpg Codex is sometimes boring becouse 85% of posts are about criticize and bash something. I wonder what are you doing in real life guys and what are your achievements there? Are you talking to your kids same way? "Go play fuking retard" etc. ? Maybe most of You just don't have kids, or own families becouse i doubt any normal adult person can spread so large ammount of "hate" ;).
It looks like 3/4 of codex are just unhappy loosers, just a impression after some time.
And I suppose you will throw your hand in the air now, and leave the codex forever. Right? RIGHT? Pussy.
I'm getting tired with shoving Mordin and Wrex as well-written characters. I admit they were, but there rest of the ME characters and writing were mediocre at best and mostly very bad.

I don't care if the game has only gay content, is not the "gay" content that's the problem, only the bad writing will be the problem. As somebody earlier mentioned if Bioware only makes "lesbian" or "gay" puppets and write characters whose only feature is being gay or transsexual, it means objectifying them, hurts the contect and does not really serve the cause.
Fallout games did it a lot better.
What annoys me that they shove it into your face. This is a gay character. See? You see it? He will be turned to hetero by blood magic, the poor soul. You see it now? We have gays in our game and they are opressed.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, resident Bioware fans and Bioware fans-in-denial, do you want me to split this conversation to a new thread now that the game is officially out? Or shall we let this one go OVER 900???
I say split it. I'm here for an actual gameplay info, not interested in edgy whiners, their repressed homosexuality and their fear of minorities and liberals.

In which case, here's the appropriate thread for your needs: http://dgaider.tumblr.com/

tumblr_me60ygOGtB1r04zsm.gif

Last edited:

eremita

Savant
So, resident Bioware fans and Bioware fans-in-denial, do you want me to split this conversation to a new thread now that the game is officially out? Or shall we let this one go OVER 900???
I say split it. I'm here for an actual gameplay info, not interested in edgy whiners, their repressed homosexuality and their fear of minorities and liberals.

In which case, here's the appropriate thread for your needs: http://dgaider.tumblr.com/
Nope, as I said, I'm here for the game. Your typical SJW/LGBT bullshit, no matter if praising or hating, does not interest me and should be moved to Retardo Land...

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth

Nope, as I said, I'm here for the game. Your typical SJW bullshit, no matter if praising or hating, does not interest me and should be moved to Retardo Land...
Sadly most of what people say here is 100% truth. Accept it. New Dragon Age is piece of writing, mechanics and every other shit. Bioware is down forever.

Delterius

Arcane
My mouse button isn't working properly. Is there seriously no way to zoom out the '"""TACTICAL CAMERA"""""® further out than right next to your damn head?

Zyryanoff

Literate
Calling Bioware shitty company etc. is also "too much", its good developer in the past
Totally agree.
but also in present gaming,
Totally disagree. In gaming or game industry? That's the point.
and games like Mass Effect series had one of the most engaging stories and characters ever written in crpg gaming, Mordin, Wrex are among best npc's in today's crpgs. Not to mention art style and overall scale.
Agree. But as you said - "that's the past" already. (
they are just good "memories" of the past, for many of us from childhood where everything "was better". Time to move on.
No, it's not only about "good memories". Now we are talking about quality of the product. Bioware's "moving" is not in the direction of quality but in the direction of quantity. And that's not Bioware, that's EA - conveyor of medium quality games.
Not to mention reading rpg Codex is sometimes boring becouse 85% of posts are about criticize and bash something.
If you don't like it - don't read. IMHO Criticizing and bashing something is one of the things that keep your mind healthy and not indoctrinated by EA's policy of total PR.
I wonder what are you doing in real life guys and what are your achievements there?
Maybe most of You just don't have kids, or own families becouse i doubt any normal adult person can spread so large ammount of "hate" ;).
Oh really? Personally I don't have time to wonder about real lives of forum users. Sorry for that guys/girls. ;) So look at yourself - you wonder instead of going to the zoo with your kids. That's strange.
It looks like 3/4 of codex are just unhappy loosers.
Don't judge a book by its cover. xD Go to Joystiq or any other sh*tty gaming news portal and look at this hype-train. And there is one goal - more users must buy the game. And here is the place where people can stop the hype-train and discuss negative and positive moments of the game to have a clean look.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Turns out CISquishun won't run on my dual core; no 5 bucks from me...
This is a sign from GOD! He cares for my sanity and clearly doesn't want me to suffer! Hallelujah!
30 years from now I will look back and say: "Dragon Turd: Inqusition was the reason I became a religious fanatic. Thank you Bioware."

Now someone make a codexian let's play so I have something to watch at church, kthxbye. :obviously:

Bitcher1

Cipher
He will be turned to hetero by blood magic, the poor soul. You see it now? We have gays in our game and they are opressed.
Sounds p. cool. I hope I can make a blood mage in the game and name him HHR.

2tYfktb.png

The fuck kinda dirty talk is that? :lol:

Could it by any chance be... feline respect (from behind)?

Last edited:

Zyryanoff

Literate
Source of information - post on some lefty pirate forum (?) :lol:
I know russian so I can translate. "Левый" ("lefty" from google translate) is some kind of phraseme - means in this sentence:"Source of information - post on some <I can't give the exact source or I don't remember or I don't know> forum about cracked games/software"

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Nope, as I said, I'm here for the game. Your typical SJW/LGBT bullshit, no matter if praising or hating, does not interest me and should be moved to Retardo Land...

So, you don't like people hating the SJW aspects of the game, and you don't like people supporting those same aspects... I'm confused.

mastroego

Arcane
You know why I discriminate gay people?
Because THEY DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH THEIR FREAKIN' WHINING ALL THE TIME! *

*I've met a few who didn't do this. I don't "discriminate" them.

eremita

Savant
Turns out CISquishun won't run on my dual core; no 5 bucks from me...
This is a sign from GOD! He cares for my sanity and clearly doesn't want me to suffer! Hallelujah!
30 years from now I will look back and say: "Dragon Turd: Inqusition was the reason I became a religious fanatic. Thank you Bioware."

Now someone make a codexian let's play so I have something to watch at church, kthxbye. :obviously:

It's a sign you've got a shitty rig. Good luck with W2...

pippin

I am constantly amazed at people buying modern games on day one (or preordering them). Even if they turn out to be good, which is rarely the case, they still require months of patching before reaching complete state (if they reach it at all).

Do people get their money's worth from being able to get angry at the game and post about it on the internet on day one? Is this the world we live in now?

Well, there's all these fags who sleep outside stores just to get the new iphone. It's like they are meth addicts who desperately need their fix.

eremita

Savant

So, you don't like people hating the SJW aspects of the game, and you don't like people supporting those same aspects... I'm confused.
I don't give a fuck about that topic. It's banal and it's boring. And I certainly don't wanna read this shit on a site about RPGs... I understand codex is more like a community, so its members discus everything from politics to science (I have other sites for that personally), but those topics have their own threads.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind criticism and hate, there was plenty in PoE/W2 thread. But at least it was related to the game. Not here though (No, Gaider/BW is not forcing their agenda upon you, you fucking lunatics)...

And the only guy who's actually doing some kind of LP here is a fucking troll, slapping some shitty music in his videos and shitting all over the game, without even trying...

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
*reads the last 15 pages*

So... 15 pages of SJW Worst Thread Ever-ish debate and next to no people discussing why and how the game sucks. This mega-thread thing is really doing wonders huh

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know russian so I can translate. "Левый" ("lefty" from google translate) is some kind of phraseme - means in this sentence:"Source of information - post on some <I can't give the exact source or I don't remember or I don't know> forum about cracked games/software"
"Левый" (literally: the left one) means 'shifty' in this context.

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
The reason you're gonna read about us bashing SJWs is because Bioware decided to make it a central part of their game. This is a gay game. So those of us who don't want gay games but like RPGs are going to complain about this because with all the trendy nerd reviewers ejaculating on themselves giving this glowing reviews, it might encourage others to jam in homosexuality into their games. And then what? A world where every RPG is a transsexual romp through Anal Sex World where it's nothing but women beating male slaves who are busy pleasuring each other in dog cages.

I'd prefer not.
I look forward to The Witcher 3.

Zyryanoff

Literate
"Левый" (literally: the left one) means 'shifty' in this context.
Right word too.

7/10

Learned
If homosexuals were really opressed in the society, then a mainstream videogame published by a huge corporation would be the last place where you'd find a gay character. Corporations are hyper-aware of what they can put in their products without causing a shitstorm. The sole fact that DO:I has gay characters all over the place, while only drawing smirks from a bunch of edgy forumers is proof enough, that discrimination is a non-issue in mainstream society.

Sorry for another SJW post.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
*reads the last 15 pages*

So... 15 pages of SJW Worst Thread Ever-ish debate and next to no people discussing why and how the game sucks. This mega-thread thing is really doing wonders huh

Let's just start.
1. Half-assed actiony gameplay. Tactical interface has no KB with Mouse Combo in mind. This is just a tacked on feature. I'm still not comfortable at all with the controls.
2. Open world with barely anything interesting added. Kill 10 goats is just lazy.
3. Writing that simply explodes with awesomeness the moment you click Start New Game. Place has lots of important people get blown up. You survive with McGuffin on your left arm to seal the Oblivion gates. Have fun!

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So is it better then DA2 :D?

I know i did not put the bar very high. And i dont have that much interest in playing the game even if its lots of fun to look at all the horrible dialogues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom