Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dragon Age: In the End It Doesn't Even Matter

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Elfberserker

Liturgist
It's good to see DA: I LP without wandering throught simething like 600 pages in other thread, even thought there are amusing comments.

How many backgrounds there was for main character? Was there single background per race and class? Was there a diffrent background for warrior and rogue humans?
One of biggest strenght that DA:O was that it contained so many background elements.

How it does feel to play with keyboard and mouse? Or does it feel more natural with console controller?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Moar power needed?

EEFPkvt.jpg

RK47

Patron
Was there single background per race and class? Was there a diffrent background for warrior and rogue humans?

Most Race/Class has similar backgrounds.
Qunari, regardless of profession always have Merc background.
Dwarf is always a Carta member.
Elf is basically Dalish Apprentice / Elf (Physical Profession)
Human is basically a Noble Mage / Fighter

RK47

Patron
How it does feel to play with keyboard and mouse? Or does it feel more natural with console controller?

It's completely messed up IMO.
The auto soft-lock drove me crazy when trying to prioritize target. I had to pause. Select a target to manual lock, and hold LMB to spam regular attack while my skills are on cooldown. Obviously when the target dies, you have to repeat this micro management again.
It's a mess. Compared to the level 1 experience in Mass Effect, this game's pretty rough on the edge. I never need to worry about auto-lock fucking up my range attacks in Mass Effect.

Does it feel better on gamepad? I don't know, I don't play RPG on gamepad often.
This game's execution is just weak overall. Video 6 does show improvement in the area design. But overall it still feels hollow after exploring it for 10 minutes.
The crafting aspects didn't feel rewarding and is merely to reward people who bothered to suffer their exploration.
I'm seriously underwhelmed by their claim of 'Skyrim' epic landscape mimicking. There is nothing of value except for ores that you pick off the ground without a pick ax and the odd herbs here and there.
If they had wanted to do a proper PC port, they could've just abandoned this third person shooter faking-routine and skip straight to emulating Baldur's Gate again.
Whoever praised their default combat system deserve a giant palm up their ruptured anus.

RK47

Patron
:d1p:

So uhh you import an old save?

No. Who the fuck kept a DA2 save game? Nobody wanted to remember that shit.
The game ended the same whether you sided with the mages or the templars.
What it does is changes the order you are killing them first and last. :lol:
As stupid as it sounded, Gaider greenlighted that idea. So yeah, GG motherfuckers.
I did take a sneak peek at the Dragon Keep feature where they let you craft most of the aspects of C&C that developed in DA:O like how you resolve the Ash Quest and whom did you spare Loghain or Alistair.
I did consider doing that at first while pre-loading the game then I realized I had not a single iota of fuck to give about the game world.

After the horrible shit Dragon Age II churned out, do I really want to revisit the whole decision making process that ultimately would just amount to a few lines of acknowledgment and which models appear at which point?

Nope. I don't care. And the audience doesn't care.
Nobody really remembers the story.
And knowing Bioware, they love showing off their work too much to let you kill off all their favorite characters.
Spoiler: I killed Leliana in Ashes quest, but Gaider said NOOOOOOPE. That's not canon! I killed Zhevran on first encounter. BUT NOOOOO, Gay Elf reappears in DA2 why? Because Gaider said so.

So yeah, fuck your fake C&C in the nuts. I don't care.
People who cares replay both prequels.
If they don't have the time, they queued at Dragon Keep to create their save game to import.
Have fun with that shit.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if the choices they tout in the Dragon Age Keep only determine whether you unlock certain cameos in the form of items or short bonus scenes that ultimately have no influence on the plot.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well...Fuck...
I had hopes for this game. All I ever wanted from it was decent rpg with some C&C with some nice graphics.
:negative:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
So NPCs mostly just stand around and always spout the same generic sentences. So much laziness in this game. This is getting worse than Banalur.

Also is that Skyrim music?

RK47

Patron
So NPCs mostly just stand around and always spout the same generic sentences. So much laziness in this game. This is getting worse than Banalur.

Also is that Skyrim music?

In game BGM is set to 0%.
Also, have you gotten used to being an adventurer who has taken an arrow to the knee?

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
Hmm, I would suggest that you'd cut out the boring parts of future videos, but then what would be left to show? Nice LP by the way.

Coyote

Arcane
I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while watching this with great respect.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
x8 fast forward the parts where you are doing nothing in combat/exploration. Dialogue as well if you want, just keep enough so we can pause to read their lines/what you pick. Unless you have an "audio-replacement" gag to keep it interesting (I'm actually enjoying a fair few of them to be honest, you're quite good imo).

Bradylama

Arcane
You should definitely skip the boring and empty exploration zones. If something really funny or groan-inducing happens then highlight it, but the rest of it makes for really boring youtubing. I can only imagine how boring it is to actually play.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm in favor of skipping whatever you personally find tedious. If it's unnecessary to grind, just keep advancing the story and character quests. You know, the pride and joy of Bioware. The bell tower of the Notre Dame.

I think it's clear by now how deep the combat system goes, so that's basically the only thing left to play for.

Also, put the romance options up to a vote. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom