Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They'll probably use it as part of the "we're too progressive" narrative when more negative coverage comes around.

Maybe. Might as well be only targeted at India itself, though - it gets talked about more and: whoo, it's forbidden, I must have it...

the tinfoil hatting is strong in this one

Well this is EA/Bioware we're talking about. There isn't much they won't do.

Xbalanque

Educated
I'm getting tired with shoving Mordin and Wrex as well-written characters.

You forgot about Legion. And important thing about all this characters is that they all have a subplots that were more competently written, than main plot even hoped to be. Compared to, for example, Garrus, who could be an ok character, bu story never get him his own place, where he could establish himself and "shine", so he ended up as some guy who hand out with PC, but not without a hint of charisma.
These were just examples. My point was, ok Bioware wrote some decent characters in their games, but that does not prove that they writing is good overall. These are some games which shine in overall mediocrity and uninspered characters. In ME we also had: Kaidan Alenko, Garrus, Liara who had the potential to be interesting but it was never really well developed and so on and so on.

Played 30 minutes or so before it crashed when Origin tried to display an achievement. First thing to make clear to anyone thinking about playing this: THIS IS A CONTROLLER GAME. Like holy shit, it's not made for mouse and keyboard at all. AT ALL.

Game runs good on my ancient hardware though. GTX 480, Q9550 and 4GB of RAM and I am running on mostly high settings. Surprised.
Yes, this was clearly designed with a controller in mind - no surprise there. As far as performance goes, I was getting some weird frame drops (periodical sharp drops from 60 to 45 or in cutscenes from 30 to 25), but that went away after updating to the new nvidia drivers that came out yesterday. Game is pretty shit as expected.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Oh wow.

The Escapist's 10/10 Review said:
I've heard people in the industry compare video games to medieval cathedrals. Those massive structures required coordination from so many different disciplines: architects, masons, painters, mosaicists, glass blowers, sculptors. Video games must also fuse the talents of many different craftsmen and artists: composers, sound designers, level designers, systems designers, visual artists, animators, programmers, voice actors, writers and storytellers. Just like the Notre Dame, you can tell when all of those disciplines are meshing together to form a video game that will be remembered for a long time. Dragon Age: Inquisition is a masterwork.

Bottom Line: BioWare has created a role-playing game which feels like a massive monument to our culture. Inquisition is an absolute blast to experience for one hour or 150.

If this is a monument to our culture on the scale of Notre Dame Cathedral, I can only hope robots kill us all sooner rather than later.

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
Oh wow.

I've heard people in the industry compare video games to medieval cathedrals. Those massive structures required coordination from so many different disciplines: architects, masons, painters, mosaicists, glass blowers, sculptors. Video games must also fuse the talents of many different craftsmen and artists: composers, sound designers, level designers, systems designers, visual artists, animators, programmers, voice actors, writers and storytellers. Just like the Notre Dame, you can tell when all of those disciplines are meshing together to form a video game that will be remembered for a long time. Dragon Age: Inquisition is a masterwork.

Bottom Line: BioWare has created a role-playing game which feels like a massive monument to our culture. Inquisition is an absolute blast to experience for one hour or 150.

If this is a monument to our culture on the scale of Notre Dame Cathedral, I can only hope robots kill us all sooner rather than later.
:dead:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh wow.

o6XJe.gif

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
Aren't you gays getting tired of being outraged at armies of paid shills singing praises to make biodrones hurry up and gib 70 potatoes to EA before Denuvo gets cracked?

Malpercio

Arcane
The sub-quest are really bad, btw. I don't remember much of DA2, but I think even it added some some moral choice in them once in a while? Here a literally the most linear stuff EVER.

Example: A widow asks you to retrieve her husband wedding ring who has been killed by the templars (the templars mistook his shovel for a mage staff...), in a normal RPG you would at least get 3 options: "Yes i'll help you", "No", "Yes, if you pay me", here you can only chose to either help her or not. Well ok, maybe you'll get some dialogues choice with the templars! Explain the situation to them, try to reason with them, etc. but nope! You kill the templars like you kill any of the many trash mobs in this game and retrieve the ring. You go back to the widow... maybe you'll get some choice now? Like, give the ring to her, or sell it instead, or blackmail her? Again, nope! You can only give it to her and complete the quest or say "Goodbye" which basically doesn't do anything!

They literally filled the so-called "open world" zone with this. Enemies outpost or important places in quests were you just enter and kill everything with zero dialogues.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
And to think. That self same Escapist reviewer, a few years from now will retract that statement. Saying how he feels that it was more deserving of a 6 out of 10 all along as he picks at its myriad flaws to talk up the next dragon age game.

7/10

Learned
Hopefully, he'll get a real job by then and won't care anymore.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The sub-quest are really bad, btw. I don't remember much of DA2, but I think even it added some some moral choice in them once in a while? Here a literally the most linear stuff EVER.

Example: A widow asks you to retrieve her husband wedding ring who has been killed by the templars (the templars mistook his shovel for a mage staff...), in a normal RPG you would at least get 3 options: "Yes i'll help you", "No", "Yes, if you pay me", here you can only chose to either help her or not. Well ok, maybe you'll get some dialogues choice with the templars! Explain the situation to them, try to reason with them, etc. but nope! You kill the templars like you kill any of the many trash mobs in this game and retrieve the ring. You go back to the widow... maybe you'll get some choice now? Like, give the ring to her, or sell it instead, or blackmail her? Again, nope! You can only give it to her and complete the quest or say "Goodbye" which basically doesn't do anything!

They literally filled the so-called "open world" zone with this. Enemies outpost or important places in quests were you just enter and kill everything with zero dialogues.

This is all I needed to know. Game play is bad and EA should feel bad.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Shills these days arent even trying to be subtle, but I do like how they are competing with each other who can say most insane thing in terms of praising it. We had Citizen Kane of gaming, Notre Dame of gaming, I assume Fallout 4 will be achievement in veins of Moon landing and next Mass Effect will be the greatest thing human kind has every created.

7/10

Learned
MMO grade shitquests are pretty much a given in a game like that. Filling the world with actual content is expensive. Skyrim has very very few optional quests and almost all of them involve like 5 lines of dialogue and an obligatory trip to a dungeon.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Aren't you gays getting tired of being outraged at armies of paid shills singing praises to make biodrones hurry up and gib 70 potatoes to EA before Denuvo gets cracked?
I'm more fascinated than angry tbh. First Citizen Kane, now Notre Dame, what will the next bad game be compared to?

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh wow.

Ok guys. I understand everything. I understand when somebody like DA2. I understand when somebody call Bioware good gamemakers (nostalgia do everything). Everyone have their tastes. I know somebody can be retarded or just weird. Codex is special (in good meaning of that word) place and everyone know that. One of places in web with people who don't love every shit that game industry give to them. But this is just... too much.
Time to launch nukes, my friends. Someone can start build Vault Codex. This will be best way for humanity.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm more fascinated than angry tbh. First Citizen Kane, now Notre Dame, what will the next bad game be compared to?
I believe they haven't done the Mona Lisa yet. Or Hamlet. I'm very likely wrong, though.

Angthoron

Arcane
I believe they haven't done the Mona Lisa yet. Or Hamlet. I'm very likely wrong, though.
Stonehenge.

Gord

Arcane
MMO grade shitquests are pretty much a given in a game like that. Filling the world with actual content is expensive. Skyrim has a ton of radiant quests and almost all of them involve like 5 lines of dialogue and an obligatory trip to a dungeon.

Fixed that for you.

Angthoron

Arcane

Isn't this how it was since the first game on sidequests?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom