Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

set

Cipher
It probably says nothing about their programmers since they didn't make that hog of an engine.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
It probably says nothing about their programmers since they didn't make that hog of an engine.
It says something when Battlefield 4, a game on the same engine gets nearly double the fps in some cases.

eremita

Savant
Was just about to tag RK and tell him I run out of videos to watch. Good guy RK-lah.

Is it just me or the game looks even worse than Witcher 2? Also wierd face designs, none of them look "normal".
Yet Twitcher 2 "runs okayish" on my computer, while CISquisishun is so greedy for resources that it wouldn't even start. What does that say about Bioware's programmers?
I will never again speak bad about potato coding skills again! Evah!
Wouldn't even be surprised if Twitcher 3 ends up with lower reqs than this.
Witcher2 consist of small corridors, while DAI is openworld game and with handling the whole party. You're comparing incomparable.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys, do you remember this article?

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/dragon...lead_platform_for_dragon_age_inquisition.html

BioWare is leading development on Dragon Age: Inquisition on PC, the developer has confirmed.

"PC is basically our lead platform because we all develop on the PC," producer Cameron Lee told VideoGamer.com earlier this week. "We have these mind-blowing, powerful PCs that are just incredible.

"So we develop on that first and foremost and then we keep the other platforms up and running to make sure they don't fall behind."

Despite leading on PC, Dragon Age: Inquisition is expected to be the first PS4 and Xbox One title from BioWare – but Lee won't be drawn into discussing the differences between the two next-gen versions.

"We probably can't go into too much detail on this one," he said. "There are differences when working on them, for sure. But yeah, I won't go into detail on that."

Nevertheless, Lee claims that "the outcomes of the game on different platforms should look the same".

"It depends how far we can push each one," he continued. "And then the auxiliary products around Gen 4, like second-screens, Kinect and Move; we'll look into that a little bit later on. We want to make sure that if we do anything in that area that it's the right thing.

"One of the advantages of going a year after launch is that we have an opportunity to see how the market and players respond to different types of experience."

Players hoping to pick the game up on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, though, won't be disappointed, Lee suggests.

"When we're talking about the differences between [360/PS3] and [Xbox One/PS4], fundamentally they'll be the same experience. So if you can just walk straight into this cave on Gen 4, you should be able to do it on Gen 3. The main difference, of course, is how do you stick so much content onto a Gen 3 platform, with its limitations? So that becomes a challenge of visual fidelity and how we trade things off.

"We're not going to give a different experience to Gen 3 players."

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
ps3 gfx extravanganza

25tur0m.png
I watched the video "well, listened to it anyway". Is that ASMR
ps3 gfx extravanganza

I watched the "tingly brain" video. Not sure if it was a 200kg woman that it would have the same effect or views though.

I got a relaxing vidya for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUr8_239oGw&list=UUUsTSbCLD96-pcWi2Kqaitg&index=8

prob needs subtitles though for some...

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Guys, do you remember this article?

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/dragon...lead_platform_for_dragon_age_inquisition.html

BioWare is leading development on Dragon Age: Inquisition on PC, the developer has confirmed.

"PC is basically our lead platform because we all develop on the PC," producer Cameron Lee told VideoGamer.com earlier this week. "We have these mind-blowing, powerful PCs that are just incredible.

"So we develop on that first and foremost and then we keep the other platforms up and running to make sure they don't fall behind."

Despite leading on PC, Dragon Age: Inquisition is expected to be the first PS4 and Xbox One title from BioWare – but Lee won't be drawn into discussing the differences between the two next-gen versions.

"We probably can't go into too much detail on this one," he said. "There are differences when working on them, for sure. But yeah, I won't go into detail on that."

Nevertheless, Lee claims that "the outcomes of the game on different platforms should look the same".

"It depends how far we can push each one," he continued. "And then the auxiliary products around Gen 4, like second-screens, Kinect and Move; we'll look into that a little bit later on. We want to make sure that if we do anything in that area that it's the right thing.

"One of the advantages of going a year after launch is that we have an opportunity to see how the market and players respond to different types of experience."

Players hoping to pick the game up on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, though, won't be disappointed, Lee suggests.

"When we're talking about the differences between [360/PS3] and [Xbox One/PS4], fundamentally they'll be the same experience. So if you can just walk straight into this cave on Gen 4, you should be able to do it on Gen 3. The main difference, of course, is how do you stick so much content onto a Gen 3 platform, with its limitations? So that becomes a challenge of visual fidelity and how we trade things off.

"We're not going to give a different experience to Gen 3 players."

it isn't a different experience? It is a steaming turd for everyone!

7/10

Learned
Just watched a few seconds of PS3 footage. Makes me feel better about my shitty PC, though it's still not as bad as the console Twitcher 2.

Malpercio

Arcane
I got to admit, the desert area with the temple is actually neatly designed. Multi-level structure with DS-like shortcuts and tunnels to access to the superior levels. Certainly an improvement over the first are that basically was "here are trees... have fun!" It's also not large for the sake of being large, making the exploration more tolerable. I wonder if it had different designer?

And yea, the PS3 looks like garbage. It also freezes, though I can't say whatever that fault of my LEGALLY PURCHASED COPY or actually Bioware fault.

eremita

Savant
I got to admit, the desert area with the temple is actually neatly designed. Multi-level structure with DS-like shortcuts and tunnels to access to the superior levels. Certainly an improvement over the first are that basically was "here are trees... have fun!" It's also not large for the sake of being large, making the exploration more tolerable. I wonder if it had different designer?

And yea, the PS3 looks like garbage. It also freezes, though I can't say whatever that fault of my LEGALLY PURCHASED COPY or actually Bioware fault.
How about the Skyhold and quests there?

Got curious about this Denuvo thing supposedly murdering innocent SSDs in cold blood, so found a thread at Bio forum with pics seemingly disproving it:

Before:
qC6ILcJ.png

After 1 hour of DAI:
btPGzUz.png

xqd0fbp.png
Kinda disappointing. A game that fries both brain and hardware? What a winning combo that would be.

Psquit

Arcane
Wow i must say most of the haters group seems to be overreacting children with 1st world problems, like "oh now my iPad is blue, not yellow" etc.
And what is more fascinating why they are spending so much time to hate this game if they are not going to play it? It's crazy, if i don't like something i could criticize 1 or 2 times and let it be, while stay away and forget.
But buying the game that i don't like and then making shitty movies after is just sick. So i wish you a lot of mental health, peace.
My 5 cents [ i don't care about other reviews as always, becouse it tells nothing for me and in this case a lot of people just hate becouse its "trendy" to hate EA, and Bioware ]:

It looks like amazing game, already bought it and i think it is best crpg this year next to Divinity: Original Sin or Xulima. Ammount of lore, attention to detail are impressive here. Very talented people must work at this crpg, and ammount of work they put to make this one of the most "living" and "breathing" crpg world is HUGE, if i can describe Inquisition in one sentence it will be: DA:Origins meets Mass Effect and Skyrim plus classic crpg "feeling". It has everything you need from fine crpg, good story [of course its naive - like in every fukin game , they are just games, even Torment was just "fairy tale"], interesting universe with deep lore, great characters [ and trust me they are great - somewhere between Mordin or Wrex from ME in Bioware terms]. As for combat, you can play it in more classic way with pause or almost like Mass Effect plus Origins way. And argues about comabt are "everlasting" disscusion as long as crpgs exists, i remeber how many was shocked when Ulitma Underworld hit the shelves haha. In real life you don't have pause when fight, same in some crpg titles starting with very old titles to this day games like Skyrim, problem is that it is very hard to implement proper "effect" of reality when you "fight" on screen with mouse and keyboard/ pad. On the other hand turn-based combat with it's slow pace is great too, like in D:OS , Fallouts, but far from "real world" dynamics. It's matter of taste only and i think each of these solutions be it real-time combat or turn based, is good when properly implemented into game. One thing i was afraid the most before i played personally was characters. They looked pretty strange, uninteresting and just "not as i expected them to look" . But after some time i must say they are really good, different from each other and for sure memorable. All that shitting about them is just a crap. They are very good Npc's, with fine writing , strong backgrounds and as in ME series they play huge role in the story. They are not just generic, and static npc's like in most crpg's with few dialogue lines and over. So it's big plus. Graphics and musics are just groundbreaking, especially music is excellent. Ammount of quests and activities could make your head hurt and that's good.
Game is also polished nice, i don't have any bugs so far, crashes or problems with bad optimization. And game is far, far better as crpg than Skyrim [and im die-hard and dedicated Elder Scrolls universe fan], much more interesting, and at least don't need 40gb of mods to be fine crpg. User Interface is clear and handy, Codex in game is just great, lore ammount just makes your head explode.
And biggest pos. for me in this game: it's world looks and feel like real fantasy world as a whole, that just exist somewhere. Great thing. Every good crpg should give it's players that feeling.
One thing im interested most is mod support and possiblity to have any modding tools like creation kits for ES or Nwn2 editors. It will be great to have such strong base of real mods here, not just poor "big bobs" and "nice hairs" shit mods like for previous DA games. I think Bioware should go for full community base and release that kind of tools, but with Ea as owner i think it's close to impossible. And it is one main letdown as mods for crpgs are great way to make them live "forever".

So if you want bitch about it further but truth is that DA:I will be remembered as one of the finest crpgs in modern history of that genre, period. So my answer for "buy it or not" is: Buy, You won't regret unless you are retarded kid or just sad and "too serious" for games old dick, who hates everything but Torment and Fallout ;) .

BE2v3br.png

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Games don't need to be amazing from the first level to be good, but any entertainment product where the unskippable first 10-15 hours are shit is a shit product unless the later content simultaneously cures cancer and gives orgasms.

imweasel

Wow i must say most of the haters group seems to be overreacting children with 1st world problems, like "oh now my iPad is blue, not yellow" etc.
And what is more fascinating why they are spending so much time to hate this game if they are not going to play it? It's crazy, if i don't like something i could criticize 1 or 2 times and let it be, while stay away and forget.
But buying the game that i don't like and then making shitty movies after is just sick. So i wish you a lot of mental health, peace.
My 5 cents [ i don't care about other reviews as always, becouse it tells nothing for me and in this case a lot of people just hate becouse its "trendy" to hate EA, and Bioware ]:

:dgaider:

So if you want bitch about it further but truth is that DA:I will be remembered as one of the finest crpgs in modern history of that genre, period. So my answer for "buy it or not" is: Buy, You won't regret unless you are retarded kid or just sad and "too serious" for games old dick, who hates everything but Torment and Fallout ;) .
I think you deserve a custom tag, Cisquisitor.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
well it was around 8-9 hour for me but i rushed with main quest. did not bother to do any of those fetch quests only main quest/companions recruitment quests and closed all rifts cause its easy exp and is less cumbersome than closing gates in Oblivion. I also tried to find all those planetariums but thats because i am sucker for any kind of puzzles in crpgs :oops:

So when shit goes down in Redcliff they finaly move on with the fucking plot and you get your own stronghold and games actually opens up. And i really mean it. Out of nowhere you can go to 5 or more different locations and they all look as big as Hinterlands.

You're making it sound like it gets better in the quest department, but that awful combat will still exist one assumes.

7/10

Learned
Are you really forced to do the MMO quests, or can you just skip most (or all) of them and get on with the main story?

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

:dgaider:

I think you deserve a custom tag, Cisquisitor.

Sure with pleasure, becouse it is great game.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I keep checking tpb for the inevitable Fall of the DRM measure used for this pos; while I may or may not aquire it it fills me with Joy to see EA foiled again...
It is just a matter of time

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Hahaha sure ban yourself and then join Isis ;) only proper way of writing here is to criticize everything else than fallouts and call other faggots he he he.
Just be a caveman it's so much fun.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Hahaha sure ban yourself and then join Isis ;) only proper way of writing here is to criticize everything else than fallouts and call other faggots he he he.
Just be a caveman it's so much fun.

Actually the fallouts get criticized as well.

Fallout 1: Aim for the eyes! Watch Ian full auto into your back!

Fallout 2: Carnival circus land, template for New Vegas.

Fallout 3: New Vegas. Shit Gamebyro engine!

Fallout Bethesda: Middle-aged guy.

Fallout Tactics: a bad version of Jagged Alliance.

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel: why Herve Caen is a douchebag

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom