Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

7/10

Learned
Are muslims playable as a long term choice? I never really bothered with them, because I've read all the horror stories about high decadence and didn't want to end up in an unmanageable clusterfuck.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are muslims playable as a long term choice? I never really bothered with them, because I've read all the horror stories about high decadence and didn't want to end up in an unmanageable clusterfuck.
If you are a kind of faggot who has to ask such a question: No. Fuck off.

Emily

Arcane
What about having internal problems within large realms? Is it possible now ingame?
I remember when i played all large empires remained stable throughout the game with a civil war or two but nothing ever came out of it.
I find the game most interesting when you are a count or a duke, after it just gets easier and easier.

Retinue were nerfed such that you can no longer conquer the whole world and beat down every revolt without raising levies, but you're still unlikely to face real internal problems unless you raise a horrible heir or get a really bad gavelkind split.

sser

Arcane
Developer

I played as the Zirids (the little slice of Tunisia) and conquered North Africa and Constantinople/Greece no problem. I found decadence to be extremely easy to handle, but maybe they've changed it since then.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh boy, where'd you find that?

Modders would fix it...

i4yl.png

If they weren't so busy making hentai mods...

I found it here while looking for whether or not The Legend of Queen Opala 2 developent was finished (it was).

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/424955-Crusader-Kings-2-H-mod-possibilties

Survey is up, including questions about future games and future settings. I've asked for Master of Orion 2-like space strategy game. GalCivII most probably will be shit and russians grabbed Master of Orion licence so we won't see it soon.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2WWCDMN

I asked for Hard Sci-Fi Space Grand Strategy (something like SMAC in SPACE! and grand strategy), Dark Ages/Fall of Rome and Post-Apocalyptic Grand Strategy.

Also, fuck all the mobile questions. NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK MOBILES!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I just asked for a good Cold War expansion for Hearts of Iron 4 and a save converter double-pack for Victoria 3.

aleph

Arcane
I asked for a game set in during Hellenism and one set during Late Antiquity (guess that means essentially Fall of Rome + a bit of prelude)

cw8

Cipher
No to mobile games. (Actually I do play mobile strategy games, just that I want to see Paradox stay PC focused and no dumbing down of their games). And I asked for their DLC to be DRM-free.

Renegen

Arcane
Do republics or trade centers do anything if you're not playing as a Republic? I'm starting to realize it's a pointless add-on to the game...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They talked about adding trade goods or other stuff like that to make the system more fleshed out, but that hasn't been talked about since Jewspansion.

Anyway, Trading Posts do benefit all Cities in the province (% bonus to income, can be pretty big), depending on trade zone worth. So it's worthwhile to have one Merchant Republic vassal in order to maintain improved cashflow, assuming your own primary holdings are coastal. Merchant Republics can also give loadsamoney as vassals if they're happy (doge essentially gets dibs on your honorary titles). A succesful merchant republic vassal can, with Harsh City Taxes, provide more cash than all your feudal vassals combined.

Merchant Republics also provide boats. Lots of boats. Like, if you are gonna go crusading across the Mediterranean you'll want those Venetians to supply transportation.

They are junk at the very earliest start dates due to the tech levels preventing them from building trade posts though.

cw8

Cipher
Exactly how much land and titles do I give an already decadent family member when playing Muslims to get rid of the decadent trait? Gave a duchy and some land to one, he continues to be decadent so I tried to imprison him and he raises a rebellion.

I believe the correct answer is to give him negative whatever he has now, then kill him.

Not sure on whether you can fully fix decadence diplomatically on the current patch. It's always been a PITA to solve one way or another.

Norfleet

My understanding is that giving them more stuff just makes them more decadent. What they need is some time on the front lines. Getting some quality mud and blood time will fix it...one way or another.

Renegen

Arcane
Hmm, how do you reliably kill people you don't like these days? I've been getting pretty tired with trying to kill the Byzantine emperor forever and I just can't do it, throwing money at the problem has been removed.

cw8

Cipher
Umayyad's pretty good for expansion once the Karling lines dies off? Out of all my games in CK2 since vanilla, I never had better success than playing as them. They just Holy War or invade other kingdoms, I never had to fabricate claims unlike the Catholic nations. On Ironman. Never had to worry about successions too, I just give the heir with the best stats, the most land and titles. Jail every other kinsmen who are decadent.

szy6oo.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom