Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

hakuroshi

Augur
No real reason to avoid GG, they were pretty cool some time ago, and offered good deals. Nowdays many games they have are actually steam keys, so there are just less reasons to use them. But this offer is ok. Would take it myself if not already having all titles.

so I bought the game and am downloading it and then I notice this little message in the NW2 page on Gamersgate:

• PC/Windows
  • !!! WILL NOT WORK ON 64-BIT OS !!!
  • CPU:Intel Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon™ 2800+
  • RAM:1 GB
  • VideoRAM:256 MB
  • Sound:8 GB
  • Input:Keyboard, Mouse
  • DirectXDirectX9.0c (included)
  • Other:Broadband Internet connection for multiplayer online play

:what:

That second line, that can't possibly be true can it?

pippin

This question surfaced on the GoG forums and a person who bought that said it used similar installers. I coudln't help you beyond that, but I have a 64 bit version of win8 and NWN2 (gog) works fine for me.

Edit: and there's no real reason to avoid gamersgate-if the game includes some shady drm like securom or the like, it's clearly specified. refunds only seem to work in europe though

2nd edit: downloaded and installed it. Both bg2 and iwd2 have a goggame.dll file.

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

the original realms of arkania trilogy is on sale right now at gamersgate (not to be confused with gamergate). it's $0.80 for each game.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Free Steam Key for Pirates of Black Cove: Gold Edition

Once more, we’re giving away a free Steam key to all registered users at DLH.Net, this time for Pirates of the Black Cove: Gold Edition. This is the fourth Steam key we’re giving away (following Enclave, East India Company, and Knights and Merchants). If you’re a registered user, al you have to do to unlock the key is log in to your DLH.Net profile and click on the button at the bottom under “Steam games”.

Not registered yet? Just click on the link "New User / Newsletter" or just go to http://www.dlh.net/en/register. Fill out the short form, reply to the confirmation email, and the keys are yours! If you also subscribe to the newsletter, we’ll always let you know when we’re giving away Steam keys. It’s not like this is the last game we’re going to be giving away for free!

We’d appreciate if you’d like us on Facebook, and tell your friends about DLH.Net!

Turjan

Arcane
So, Gamersgate has what is called "Silent Hunter Complete" on sale for €5.99 (plus other Ubisoft stuff).
  • Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific
  • Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions
  • Silent Hunter ® 5: Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition
  • Silent Hunter® III
Not sure whether it's worth it, but I somehow feel like trying this.

TripJack

Hedonist
its even cheaper now, down to 2.50 in kwanbucks at least

not much point playing SH3 if you have SH4 and SH5 is buggy shit that requires uplay, but SH4+UBM is definitely worth that price

Turjan

Arcane
its even cheaper now, down to 2.50 in kwanbucks at least.
Good that I waited.

Edit: And today, it's up to 7.50. Good grief. Do they throw darts every day? And this although the original label promised 6 days.

Last edited:

tsiforb

Learned
Patron
Quest for Infamy (steam) is $5 on Bundlestars.

edit: derp, see next post

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom