Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

mastroego

Arcane
Oh, and better werewolf/vampire stuff would be nice too.

- Better Vampires
- DVA Dynamic Vampire Appearance
- Moonlight Tales

Also if you drop Requiem you'll be able to make the game interesting and challenging with a combination of less intrusive (and more modular) mods.

You can always just uninstall the offending NPCs - with crossbow.

:lol:

The other day I was out in the southern wilderness, hunting local negromancers for fun and profit. I saw one in the distance, milling about an altar. I sneak up to a nearby cliff, and notice she's surrounded by three skellingtons. I wait until she's busy with a cauldron, then quickly knock out her buddies. Then I get close enough to see she has a name - Carmella - and think, "hmmm, maybe it's a boss". I apply my homemade "Magefucker" poison to a bolt and let loose. Surpsiringly, she not only survives it but still has enough mana to summon a frost atronach, who begins to chase me through the grass at a disturbingly quick pace for a giant thing made of ice. I get slashed once but manage to go around it and deliver a point-blank bolt to the his mistress' face as she tries to swing her little dagger at me. As I watch her body slump on one of the pillars, I save and reload, to see what she'd say if I came close enough for her to start dialogue. Surely someone with this much HP and MP is an important character.

Turns out she was added by Interesting NPCs, and is a artist/scientist who just wanted to practice niggermancy for research purposes in peace. The skellingtons were friendly too, and were members of the same family to boot. I was starting to feel a bit of remorse for being a prejudiced shitlord when she entered a creepy tangent about her "art" (merging said family members into a single big skellington, for the lulz science), which convinced me that I did a favor to the world, and so I reload the game where she was already dead.

Then after a while I was spooked approached by thugs on a town. The note on their bodies said Carmella hired them to beat me up (and "kill, if necessary") as punishment for taking the soul gems on her altar. After she died. Tamriel really is a land full of mysteries.

Last edited:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah, Requiem, how I missed you. Started in a hunting camp (Live another Life). Wanted to check what I have, if everything has launched and so on. Suddenly I get attacked by a wolf. I don't have any close combat weapon (bow + 30 steel arrows). Woodcutter's axe is next to me! Take it and start hacking at the wolf. Lost the weapon three times, had to use a potion to save my life. In the end, didn't kill the wolf. He ran with 30% hp.

Next, I've spent about an hour trying to make a backpack. "You need to have 2 wolf skins", oh shit. Almost died, but this time I've had a steel sword (used all my money for it). All my potions gone. All bloody. And I still had to go to Whiterun. On the way attacked by 4 small mudcrabs. Thank god for their slow speed or I would be fucked.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Your crossbow/bow will break (a chance i think), when you are hit with a spell or melee attack. Your melee weapon can be droped, if you (i think) hit too much without stamina or have low stamina and get hit.

Eyeball

Arcane
Ooor you could do the sensible thing and turn that silly bullshit off in the Requiem options.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
So I decided to give Skyrim Requiem a chance, because I was aching for an open-world game with a satisfying progression curve. Played about six hours now. While I appreciate that I have to work my way up to not getting instagibbed by every enemy I come across, I might have made a few mistakes. By that I mean that I might have taken a few things that might or might not have belonged to me before they changed ownership. Turns out that that results in people kinda disliking you and sending a group of thugs after you. Would probably be a piece of cake in vanilla, but I barely even scratch one of them before they cleanly split my skull. They're waiting for me outside of Whiterun and the guards run away even faster than me.
Not gonna lie, my character is not optimal. Level 3 dunmer, with perks in pickpocketing, lockpicking, archery, smithing and speech. Basic light armor, imperial bow, iron saber, hide shield. Leveling up in Whiterun is pretty difficult, can't even beat the bard in the tavern in a brawl. Feeling like I trapped myself.
So, on a scale from 1 to Sasha Grey, how fucked am I?
Restart with a better character? Also, any tips for surviving the first levels, beyond "Don't die" and "git gud"?

Eyeball

Arcane
As a thief, there is one bit of advice that is immensely useful: LARP.

Starting as a pissant thief in Riften using the alternate start mod, I had the same problem you do and needed some cash for training and skill boosts for levels, which is always good in Requiem since nothing is scaled. So I made like a thief, wore some +pickpocket gear and went to town. Pickpocket is a skill that increases really quickly and you can gain quite a few levels and mucho cash by nicking everything that isn't nailed down. When faced with the revenge hit squad, just run like blazes since the shit AI will cause them to trip over a daffodil and die soon enough or kite them with your bow. Alternatively, getting a companion to do most of the heavy fighting can be very useful, especially for a sniper character.

Restart with a better character? Also, any tips for surviving the first levels, beyond "Don't die" and "git gud"?

Run away. :M

No, really. You should be able to sprint over the wall right outside the main door and fall right beside the stables. Choose a mighty steed to borrow if you feel like it.

There's no need to restart, but I suggest picking more then one offensive skill.

Eyeball

Arcane
Yeah. Even with Requiem Bownage, you need a piece of metal at your side to face a lot of the challenges in Requiem besides just your bow. You also really need some perks in combat since they're way more important in Requiem than vanilla.

hell bovine

Arcane
So I decided to give Skyrim Requiem a chance, because I was aching for an open-world game with a satisfying progression curve. Played about six hours now. While I appreciate that I have to work my way up to not getting instagibbed by every enemy I come across, I might have made a few mistakes. By that I mean that I might have taken a few things that might or might not have belonged to me before they changed ownership. Turns out that that results in people kinda disliking you and sending a group of thugs after you. Would probably be a piece of cake in vanilla, but I barely even scratch one of them before they cleanly split my skull. They're waiting for me outside of Whiterun and the guards run away even faster than me.
Not gonna lie, my character is not optimal. Level 3 dunmer, with perks in pickpocketing, lockpicking, archery, smithing and speech. Basic light armor, imperial bow, iron saber, hide shield. Leveling up in Whiterun is pretty difficult, can't even beat the bard in the tavern in a brawl. Feeling like I trapped myself.
So, on a scale from 1 to Sasha Grey, how fucked am I?
You could try luring them to a giant camp, they don't tend to run away.
Archery goes nicely with alchemy, and I found rune spells useful for an archer, but you need 25 in destruction for that; just pay for training, because it levels very slowly.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Some may call this junk, I call this treasure.

SexGarbage.jpg

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Is this the best Skyrim mod ever made?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=293382919&searchtext=hud

xdcwg7.png

== Changelog ==

V1.0 - First release
V1.1 - Second release, no bugs as of yet
V1.2 - Third release, still no bugs
V1.3 - Fourth release, again, no bugs
V1.4 - Fixed a bug where the sweetroll gave the player character syphilis
V1.5 - All good for now

== Compatibility ==

This mod is incompatible with any other mod that adds a sweetroll to Ysolda's house in Whiterun.

== Requirements ==

This mod requires Skyrim and the following mods to run correctly:

360 Walk and Run Plus v3.1.0
A Matter of Time v2.0.6
Adal Matar the Lost Stronghold - Fight Against the Thalmor I v1.1
Amazing Follower Tweaks v1.66
aMidianBorn Book of Silence v1.9
Animated clutter v1.8.2
Animated Dwemer Lift Load Doors v1.1
Archery - Spinning Arrows v4
Audio Overhaul v2.1
Auto Unequip Ammo v5
Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized v2.0
Better Dialogue Controls v1.2
Better fitting Glass Helmet v1.0
Better MessageBox Controls v1.2
Better Shaped Weapons v1.9.4
Better Stealth AI for Followers - No Torch while Sneaking v3.3
Book Covers Skyrim v2.8.3
Breezehome FullyUpgradable v1.7.6
Clear Skies Fix v1.0
Cloaks of Skyrim v1.2
Convenient Horses v5
D13 Faster GET UP STAND UP animation vanilla friendly v2.0
Daedric Dawnbreaker (NO STAGGER VERSION) v1.03
Dawnguard Dawnbreaker (Peaceful Explosion) v1.2
Deady Combat v4.01
Deadly Dragons v6.3.5
Double Torch Radius v1.0
Dovahkiin Relaxes Too v1.6
Dragon Combat Overhaul v10.3
DYNAVISION - Dynamic Depth of Field v2.3 BETA
Enemy AI OverHaul---Revenge Of the Enemies---No Scripts Version v1.9
Enhanced Lights and FX v0.4.2
Even Better Quest Objectives v1.4
Falskaar v1.1.1
Fix for combat music v1.1
Follower Commentary Overhaul - FCO v0.9
Follower Trap Safety : 1.2
Footprints v0.99
Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival v2.5
Guard Dialogue Overhaul v1.4
Harvest Overhaul v2.6
Heart of the Beast - Werewolf Sound and Texture Overhaul v 1.7
Hold Border Banners v1.0
HQ Paper v2.3
Immersive Armors v7
Immersive HUD - iHUD v3 alpha
Immersive NPC in the dark v0.8.2
Immersive Patrols v1.7.7
Immersive Weapons v1.5
Improved sneak detection v2.0
iNeed - Food Water and Sleep v1.12
Interesting NPCs v3.02
Lockpick graduation by Lilyu v1.0
Lore-Based Loading Screens v1.0
moreHUD v1.45
Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers v1.0.1
Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Overhaul v2.05
No Sneak Attack Sound v1.0
Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins v1.0
Predator Vision - Vampire and Werewolf v1.3
Pumping Iron - Dynamic Muscle Growth v1.0.1
Realistic Water Two v1.11
Recruit More Blades - SkyHavenTempleEnhanced v 8Aug2013
ReProccer - Automated SkyRe patch generator v2.4
Run For Your Lives v1.3
Save Hot Key ArchMod - for SKSEv3.0
Seasons of Skyrim ENB True HDR v0.236
SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills v3.2
SKSE v1.7.0alpha
SkyRe Compatibility and ReProccer Patches v2.2
Skyrim -Community- Uncapper 1.15.1.0
Skyrim High Definition LODs v1.0
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures v1.4 LITE
Skyrim Immersive Creatures v6RC
SkyRe Helmless Warrior v0.3
SkyUI v4.1
Smoking Torches v1.4
Soultrap Sound Edit - Calm Wind v1.0
Stable uGridsToLoad v1.0
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM v1.63
SOUTH DRAGON BRIDGE - Fight Against the Thalmor IV v1.1
Splash of Rain v1.04
T3nd0s Skyrim Redone v1.3
The Aldmeri Domain - Fight Against the Thalmor III v1.1
The Cyrodiil Frontier - Fight Against the Thalmor II v1.1
The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod v4.0
Thundering shouts v1.2 Normal Pitch
TTYM - Think To Yourself Messages v1.3
Ultimate HD Fire Effects v1.9
Unique Uniques v1.5
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch v2.0.3
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch v2.0.2
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch v2.0.3
Unofficial High Resolution Patch v1.1.6
Unofficial Skyrim Patch v2.0.3
Warburgs 3D Paper World Map v4.3
Weapons and Armor Fixes - Remade with Dawnguard and Dragonborn support v4.0
Wet and Cold v1.402
Wet and Cold - Holidays v1.05
When Vampires Attack v1.1.1a
Winter Is Coming - Cloaks v2.3

== Frequently Asked Questions ==

Q: Will there be a Dawnguard version of this mod in the near future?
A: No.​

Grathanich

Novice
I have an unhealthy relationship with Requiem. It goes like this:

10 Set up requiem with minimal amount of gameplay changing other assorted mods
20 Get ass-raped by archers, bandits, insignificant vermin
30 Set up Skyre or PerMa or something else that is EASIER on my nerves
40 Get bored and read about the next version of Requiem
50 GOTO 10

DraQ

Arcane
I have an unhealthy relationship with Requiem. It goes like this:

10 Set up requiem with minimal amount of gameplay changing other assorted mods
20 Get ass-raped by archers, bandits, insignificant vermin
30 Set up Skyre or PerMa or something else that is EASIER on my nerves
40 Get bored and read about the next version of Requiem
50 GOTO 10
You should try to last at least until some wizards/vampires.
:troll:
Dragon-Priests maybe?

Gord

Arcane
It's a bit unfortunate that some of Requiem's changes are not really supported by the base game.
It shows especially in quest lines (lol, (try) killing a dragon after doing BFB on level 8).

DraQ

Arcane
It's a bit unfortunate that some of Requiem's changes are not really supported by the base game.
It shows especially in quest lines (lol, (try) killing a dragon after doing BFB on level 8).
Yeah. Other than writing it would be my chief complaint. BTW: someone should make a C&C mod concentrating on consequences of doing stuff like taking a break from particular urgent quest due to derp or necessity.
For example, have that dunmer in BFB replaced by a desiccated corpse (with his inventory) if you run before killing the spider and freeing him, fuck the Whiterun up a lot (changes that can be considered self-contained like replacing blacksmith shop near the gate with a pile of rubble and killing associated NPCs, apply some of the siege damage early) and add dead dragon that skeletonizes as you approach nomming his soul (at which point game can funnel back to its normal course, maybe cut some of the rewards and associated dialogue), etc.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So guise, I'm using only Requiem, and I keep getting insta-muchied by dragons if I get close to them, even if I'm beside or behind them. Bug or feature?
Other than that, lev 15, two-handed + heavy, pretty far into the game, finished civil war, and then at that point where you gotta read out an Elder Scroll or something.

Only four dragons killed so far, though.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
So guise, I'm using only Requiem, and I keep getting insta-muchied by dragons if I get close to them, even if I'm beside or behind them. Bug or feature?
Other than that, lev 15, two-handed + heavy, pretty far into the game, finished civil war, and then at that point where you gotta read out an Elder Scroll or something.

Yeah, I was also getting hit for massive damage without any animation, no matter which side I attacked (though wings mostly).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yeah, I was also getting hit for massive damage without any animation, no matter which side I attacked (though wings mostly).
I actually get that animation where you're supposedly chewed up and spit out by the Dragon. Though sometimes I get ragdoll'd alongwith my horse, which is hilarious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom