Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Codex Scoop: Brian Fargo has trademarked cancelled time travel RPG Meantime...and also Van Buren?!

Seems like only America hates rpgcodex enough to not give credits.

There are many English reports, I just chose those more exotic ones for coolness factor.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Some more gaming sites spread the word, mostly crediting us. We are now a respected gaming news source:
Redaktorzy RPG Codex wypatrzyli wczoraj dosyć niespodziewanie, że studio inXile wypełniło stosowne papiery i zarezerwowało na własność nazwę Van Buren. Nie chciałbym rozpalać zawczasu nadziei, ale przypomnę tylko, że jest to ekipa odpowiedzialna za Wasteland 2. Częścią tego zespołu jest także Brian Fargo, czyli jeden z twórców oryginalnego Fallouta. Co ciekawe zaczepiony na twitterze przez redaktorów RPG Codex wcale nie zaprzeczył doniesieniom.
http://gamezilla.komputerswiat.pl/newsy/2014/50/studio-inxile-zarezerwowalo-nazwe-van-buren
Well, that's not really true :D. (They wrote that tweet "The codex investigative unit strikes again." is about Van Buren).
Imagine this drama if it will come out that Fargo was only trolling codex and all these people will be disappointed.

Saduj

Arcane
Some more gaming sites spread the word, mostly crediting us. We are now a respected gaming news source

Codex being accepted as mainstream can only make codexers and the mainstream miserable.

Roguey is taking trolling to places few would dare to imagine.

:excellent:

Some more gaming sites spread the word, mostly crediting us. We are now a respected gaming news source

Codex being accepted as mainstream can only make codexers and the mainstream miserable.

Roguey is taking trolling to places few would dare to imagine.

:excellent:

How many people we will make miserable is of a minor importance, what is important is how many people we can indoctrinate.

Weasel

True. Another large batch of people register to complain about the Codex being a "hate-filled cesspit". Infinitron's newfound fame gets him poached to post news at RPS for more Doritos. Roguey gets promoted to staff to replace him and begins posting 'Roguey Retrospectives" on the entire Codex Top 70. The Codex Star Wars 7 thread is discovered by hordes of SJW's, DU ends up hosting the Codex from a barge anchored near Easter Island. Flash ads now included in every post to pay for it.

Then it all turns out to have been a stunt by Fargo to troll the Codex, as he's still butthurt about the W2 thread.

:martini:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Are we somehow proud that codex news is being reported by mainstream sites? Would be nice if i got a private tracker invite out of this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Are we somehow proud that codex news is being reported by mainstream sites? Would be nice if i got a private tracker invite out of this.
Apparently none of them can be damned to be on top of this themselves, so yes, mainstream sites citing an enthusiast site is worth some crowing.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Apparently none of them can be damned to be on top of this themselves, so yes, mainstream sites citing an enthusiast site is worth some crowing.

I thought codex was done with it's self validation phase. Good that it was reported, proud its reported? couldnt care less.

Gondolin

Arcane
I just checked on him and...no, not really.

It depends on who writes the story. Van Buren is the man who actually built the Democratic Party, turning it from a loose gathering of people into a political machine. In the USA, the age of political parties as we know them today started with Van Buren.

Weasel
We NEED a Taft RPG.

What about a Nixon or Johnson RPG.

All sound good, esp Nixon, but we all know what the ultimate would be:

89EuKPj.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:lol:

Fargo...
05d.jpg

Come on, inXile, take a hint from the mainstream. Put up some teasers for trailers for countdowns.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I forsee that a new Kickstarter campaign will be launched by InXile sometimes around March 2015. It could be as late as April 2015 but certainly not before the end of February 2015. Y'all can quote me for truth on this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom