Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Codex Scoop: Brian Fargo has trademarked cancelled time travel RPG Meantime...and also Van Buren?!

hello friend

Arcane
The main problem with time travel is that it has been used to hell and back. Time Bandits was fucking fantastic, but generally if something makes time travel a central part of the plot it's going to be shit. Really hoping I'm proven wrong in this case, though.

It all hinges on whether or not we can recruit Hitler.
Yes, but his class will be "Painter".

Or by having a more traditional class naming- "Bard". So truly we will get Meantime: The Bard's Tale*.

* The epic show about a group of friends too afraid to point to one of them, he should shave his mustache if he wants to get any lady friend.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance

Cfz4uEx.jpg

Hitler AND Bruce Lee.

If fargo is doing everything remotely related to WL he should start with this game, which used the wasteland engine.

:bounce:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Cfz4uEx.jpg
Hitler AND Bruce Lee.

If fargo is doing everything remotely related to WL he should start with this game, which used the wasteland engine.
Why the fuck is this the first time I have ever heard of this game

Zombra fails an oldschool lore check! Stay tuned, you might learn more about Escape from Hell in the hopefully not too distant future.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
From my conversation with Fargo today:

Fargo said:
I noticed the trademark for RPG Codex is available... maybe I should apply for it. ;)

:lol:

DarkUnderlord, prepare for an #RPGCodexGate
DarkUnderlord, let's start a campaign to fund the acquisition of the "RPG Codex" trademark at least in the most important jurisdictions, such as the US and the EU.

Darkzone

Arcane
Bro, but Eistein-Rosen bridges are untraversable, use another type of wormhole. Also no electromagnetism, there are electroweak interactions. And you mistaken dark matter and antimatter.
;) I will only worry about it on 100 GeV and on 10^-18 m scale. Antimatter? I thought it was necessary a strange kind of matter that does not interact with the electromagnetic force.

Meantime: RPGCodex
The Quest for the biggest Troll.

Description:
You can recruit all the current members and past, for trolling other people. Playable characters: Hiver (from the past) strength Wall of Text and offending others. Roguey can polite aggravate all others, by telling other what they do not want to hear, can also invoke Josh Sawyer quotes, and make trademark research.

Roquey don't be offended, but trolling is a form of fishing for reactions.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Infinitron or whoever else is in the know: Was there any significant surge in traffic to the Codex or its Twitter account, following the mentions in the media? Especially since some directly linked to the Twitter account or the post itself.

Ask Crooked Bee and DarkUnderlord.

Sorry, I missed this. There hasn't been any surge in forum activity or on Twitter (aside from some retweets and a few new followers, but not too many), but I don't know anything about the front page activity statistics. You'd have to bug DU or Taluntain for that.

game with titanium gifted neanderthals

Already done by the game Zombra didn't know about:

12055.png

8SLNGJV.gif

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WE HAVE ACHIEVED FULL DORITOS: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/10/wasteland-2-developer-trademarks-two-classic-rpgs

UPDATE: "I truly feel fortunate that with crowdfunding and the great response to Wasteland 2 I can actually start to plot out a long RPG future for us," Brian Fargo, CEO of inXile Entertainment, told IGN. "I think it's important to remember that some of these ideas are, at best, many years away. While they are not a part of what's up next, I certainly would not have filed for them if I didn't have a deep interest in exploring these concepts."

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I love that they're calling Van Buren a "classic RPG". Certainly classic in the way it broke my heart when it got cancelled that's for sure.

I bet there was a conversation which went a bit like this:

Fargo: Hey, Beekers, what's Obsidian's number? I wanna talk to Josh.
Beekers: *gives number like slave-boy he is*
Fargo: *dials number*
Obsidian slave: Hello, you've reached Obsidian, home of the "Well, we tried!"
Fargo: Yeah, put Sawyer on please.
Obsidian slave: Please hold.
Sawyer: sperg?
Fargo: So, Josh, how would you feel about dusting off ol' Dr. Presper?
Sawyer: SPERG?!
Fargo: Is that a yes?
Sawyer: SPERGSPERGSPERGSPERG!!!
Fargo: Well, we'll see what we can do then! *purchases trademark for Van Buren*

Last edited:

himmy

Arcane
UPDATE: "I truly feel fortunate that with crowdfunding and the great response to Wasteland 2 I can actually start to plot out a long RPG future for us," Brian Fargo, CEO of inXile Entertainment, told IGN. "I think it's important to remember that some of these ideas are, at best, many years away. While they are not a part of what's up next, I certainly would not have filed for them if I didn't have a deep interest in exploring these concepts."

TL;DR: Calm your tits, you knew full well it's going to be Bard's Tale, you have no one but yourselves to blame if you feel disappointed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom