Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It sounds like maybe new game+ type of things?

Zetor

Arcane
Well, from 5 minutes of poking around, it seems that they added a 'cheats' submenu to the debug console (ctrl-alt-f1 or ctrl-alt-tilde). The cheats menu has a lot of the earlier cheat-like options (force 100% hit/100% miss, godmode, warp) consolidated, as well as a few new ones (add/remove nuyen, add karma, heal/damage HP/AP of target).

The actual "modes" seem to be four options in this submenu: bigh (Big Head mode like in PoE), paint (???), tiny (shrinks characters to ~1/4 size, could be useful in combat whne trying to move behind an enemy), chibi (bigh + tiny). So basically just cosmetic stuff.

roshan

Arcane
Nice! BTW what do they mean by adding player agency to some of the missions? Is there now more stuff to do with the latest patch?

Sykar

Arcane
Are you really surprised there are many stupid people in this wold?

I am a hopeless optimist deep inside, albeit I did develop a sort of cynical streak inside after 25 years of gaming and seeing a lot of derping, inluding some of mine. Hell, I bought Restricted Area and even managed one complete playthrough. What the fuck was I thinking, the game was a complete trainwreck.

dryan

Arcane
At the start of the game is there any way to uh, actually grab that vase?
No. That's just for flavor. Neither can you steal the "slavic artifacts". I wonder what they are supposed to be: a potato, a bottle of vodka, a Stalin portrait?

eXalted

Arcane
Quiet Bomb (An area effect spell that reduces any sound made in it to 0. Lasts for 4 rounds.)
and
Silence (The target of the Silence spell makes no noise for 4 rounds.)

Has anyone used some of these? They seem completely useless to me, as there is almost no turn based stealth in this game - turn based being the only time when some of them can be used.

Or are there any interesting cases where they can be cast?

sser

Arcane
Developer
So I'm about to start this game but I'm fairly unfamiliar with Shadowrun's mechanics.

Can I still hack things if I start the game as a "Street Samurai", but ultimately choose Decker skills in the attribute menu?

(Building an Ork decker of sorts.)

dryan

Arcane
So I'm about to start this game but I'm fairly unfamiliar with Shadowrun's mechanics.

Can I still hack things if I start the game as a "Street Samurai", but ultimately choose Decker skills in the attribute menu?

If you spend karma on the decking related skills, yes you can. Also, I think you have to get a cyber port thingy implanted (forgot its actual name).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Decking skill is used in two ways. There's actual decking, where you enter Cyberspace(tm), and then there's skill checks in dialogue that use it (typically for hacking terminals). In the first case, you can always use a decker companion, but there might be some dialogue skill checks that require your main character to have the skill (although there are many that let you use a companion).

sser

Arcane
Developer
The Decking skill is used in two ways. There's actual decking, where you enter Cyberspace(tm), and then there's skill checks in dialogue that use it (typically for hacking terminals). In the first case, you can always use a decker companion, but there might be some dialogue skill checks that require your main character to have the skill (although there are many that let you use a companion).

But having the skill separate from the chosen 'character' class is a-okay? Like, technically could you 'choose' a Shaman, but in the attributes menu just reverse all the choices and make him a warrior-type...? I'm just trying to figure out if the character choice at the start is mostly cosmetic or if it affects gameplay at any point.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But having the skill separate from the chosen 'character' class is a-okay? Like, technically could you 'choose' a Shaman, but in the attributes menu just reverse all the choices and make him a warrior-type...? I'm just trying to figure out if the character choice at the start is mostly cosmetic or if it affects gameplay at any point.

Class is just a template.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Class is just a template.

Alright thanks. I didn't want to be restarting over again (already restarted since I gave my guy a 'full name' and it sounded absolutely ridiculous every time it showed up in dialogue).

roshan

Arcane

Only thing is that magic and implants do not really mesh well. Implants make you lose essence, and every point of essence lost makes spells take an additional round to cool down. But no harm in your character being both samurai and decker.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Game's alright so far. The writing is great. Rarely am I pleased with a game's writing since I'm so picky, but Dragonfall hits all the right notes. They even slipped in some things most developers completely ignore...

I accepted Blitz onto the team, but after watching the DVDs he realizes he's stepped into some serious shit and kinda pulls you by the side, saying he didn't sign up for this. 99% of games would not have thought to include something like that.

Combat is fairly interesting, but I do hate the cover system. I'm frequently getting flanked while ostensibly behind cover, and I'm just as frequently unable to 'see' enemies right around a corner. These sort of bizarre blindspots plagued XCOM as well. And 'corners' themselves are ticky-tacky. Like a box is cover, but an actual corner of a wall isn't...? Not sure what the deal is with that. The very basic 'entrance point' for a room is the corners of its doorway, but that doesn't seem to be available for use. Also ran into a bug where my 'armor' number never increases. I dunno if it's just a presentation issue or if my armor is legitimately bugged at a low value. I did buy some pretty expensive gear to make it better, but so far it is just stuck at 1.

I've only finished the first 'mission' (the club/hotel) and it was enjoyable. Lots to do based on whether or not you go exploring. A little bit of role-playing, too. The game has a nice vibe to it, too. I mucked around in the first Shadowrun game and didn't really get a feel for its core, but this one nails it.

eXalted

Arcane
Combat is fairly interesting, but I do hate the cover system. I'm frequently getting flanked while ostensibly behind cover, and I'm just as frequently unable to 'see' enemies right around a corner.

When I was playing it, I had the impression that there is is too much cover. It really is strange that the walls doesn't provide any cover at all, I suppose this is made for balance purposes, so you won't be able to open the door and snipe everyone in while covering behind the two sides of the front door.

I would suggest you to play at least on hard. There are a lot of interesting missions in Dragonfall, which present you with nice challenges in contrast with SRR (I finished it yesterday and it was... meh)

dryan

Arcane
Very hard is the only way to play it. Below that is far too easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom