Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
One dude said it sounded like he was furiously masturbating to the sound of a little girl... I lolled. :D

As for release date - patience! It will be Q1 2015...just gotta make sure it's completely bad ass before we release! Trust me...it's worth the wait!
Is there an early access or preorder option?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there combat in this game? Or is it strictly adventure/puzzle?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Yes, the combat will be in the awesome space rpg that will be his new project.

STASIS_no_remorse_by_ChrisBischoff_stasisgame_dot_com.jpg

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I looked up the various titles they had in mind for the third game (that never got released):

No Escape
No Mercy
No Pity

Personally I like "No Mercy" best.

Also, this quote:
none of those begin with r, or are synonyms for regret/remorse -> it would have been shit.
:rpgcodex:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zero combat, strictly puzzles.

Although you DO find a gun. But it has no bullets. And you do kill....erm...stuff. But imaginatively.
That is good to know. The way I found out about this game was actually thanks to Obsidian for mentioning your game, and that piece of (fan) art (I think) you did for Pillars of Eternity.

pe-chris-bischoff-twin-elms-fan-art.jpg

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
I think Id be shit at making an action game. I don't enjoy action games. I like my combat turn based and slooooooooooooow. Hell, MECHANIZED ASSAULT and EXPLORATION (M.A.X.) is one of my all time favorite games EVER. And that game can take DAYS to finish a single stage.

Something I've been thinking about is a post apocalyptic game that's set in a very realistic world. So no mutants and retro technology - think closer to The Book of Eli (without the religious story) or The Road.
I'd also love to tell a story of something generational. Like the player starts off as a child, and the game literally spans 60 years until his/her death. Take them from helpless child to selfish loner to selfless protector....or reverse the trope and go from selfless protector to selfish loner?

I dunno...its something that I think could be really fun to explore in an adventure game setting.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Yeah thats one of mine! There are a few more over at http://www.stasisgame.com/labs/

Thanks for the kind words. :D
Goddamn. The idea of playing a young kid growing up to be old is cool.

Should do it in a pirate setting (I blame your AC art). You start as a young street punk and work your way up until you're part of a pirate crew, then you rise in ranks and end up as the captain. Then more awesome crap happens.

You liking turn-based combat = :brodex:

I will stop now. I almost feel like I am sucking up. I'll go punch my little brother so I feel like an alpha male again.

This is the third game I buy that is developed by a Codexer and I have only been here less than a year.

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Goddamn. The idea of playing a young kid growing up to be old is cool.

Should do it in a pirate setting (I blame your AC art). You start as a young street punk and work your way up until you're part of a pirate crew, then you rise in ranks and end up as the captain. Then more awesome crap happens.

That does sound pretty cool. :D The idea of experience the entire LIFE of a person is awesome. I would REALLY like to look at it in more depth. I love those long 'life' films like Forrest Gump or The Tale Of Benjamin Button. It could even be a nice idea to do something like the AC universe did and pick a less-visited time of history...the discovery of the 'new world', or something set around the first war of Scottish Independence.

Or....VIKINGS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom