Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Kipeci

Arcane
B!

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
C gotta catch 'em all...
This is unrelated to our skills... I think.

We already have them, that's why we were able to stitch Amanozaki's arm in the previous night and determine the time of death.

Tigranes

Arcane
I TOLD YOU. :negative:

As Nevill says, A might be agood excuse to have everyone come along together, one way or another.

A.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
What did i say about using info from that note?
:negative:

A > E
sound like best options, B will end up creepy we don't have enough charisma for bluff.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'm temped to go full retard with G, but at best we end up tied up like before.

So, A > B

oscar

Arcane
A

Foolish. We should have been thankful to not have been pressed about the murder, not drawn attention to it.

Rex Feral

Prophet
C>A

Ffs.

Of course we now have confidence to straight attack mori, but ask him out, nooo.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B>D - Now, I would lean toward C, but the last time we told them about our memory loss, they assumed we were the killer because we could not provide an alibi and A just gets them to split up anyway. If we've come this far, it'd be a waste to give up just because we touched a nerve - and we DID touch a nerve, didn't we? Nothing we said was an accusation or a "conclusion" as Tokigawa put it. Defensive. Also, he leaned back and closed his eyes so as to calm himself and not make eye contact when he lied. No, he is clearly hiding something. What, I cannot say. Maybe his lady-friend knows.

Also, Nevill, it's not exactly fair to scoff at the idea of that last choice giving us Liam Neeson skills. All the previous choices that were like that resulted in a skill gain. Case and point, we determined the cause and time of death because we chose medical skills before.

yes, G would undoubtedly get us killed or locked up (even IF we took Mori down successfully). At least that previous choice improved our confidence in striking a foe, if nothing else. Maybe the next time we are confronted by a threat, we won't freeze up in panic and instead come up with a plan of action.
I TOLD YOU.
Would probably have come up anyway. You don't think they were just going to forget, did you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Lambchop19 said:
A just gets them to split up anyway
Why?

The primary motivation for leaving the building this time seems to be avoiding the murderer. By being the suspect, we give them something to do that can potentially solve their problems if only they expose us. It is a matter that should be of interest to every one of them.

How do you think they are going to split after you dangle such a hook in front of them?

At least they would follow you to the ward, and start playing detectives. We'll see what we find there.

Lambchop19 said:
If we've come this far, it'd be a waste to give up just because we touched a nerve
Who is giving up? You are giving up! :rpgcodex:

You want to pursue the investigation? Get everyone in the ward and start digging. Maybe you'll discover another note or something.

What exactly waving a phone with disturbing photos in front of all these people going to solve?

Lambchop19 said:
Also, Nevill, it's not exactly fair to scoff at the idea of that last choice giving us Liam Neeson skills. All the previous choices that were like that resulted in a skill gain. Case and point, we determined the cause and time of death because we chose medical skills before.
I am sure that a daydream about killing people counts as acquiring assassin's skills. :P

I don't see any skills on display here. I see a reaction of a cornered animal that lashes out at a first target.

Lambchop19 said:
Maybe the next time we are confronted by a threat, we won't freeze up in panic and instead come up with a plan of action.
Like... I don't know, when we charged a corpse with a mop? Or when we dived in a pool to save a team-mate? Or when we distracted the spirit by becoming its target?

That's how and where you get balls and confidense, not by masturbating to guro fantasies.

I am pretty certain that we already have what it takes to confront whatever threat we encounter.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
It could, but we'd also have to explain why we took the photo, and I am not convinced we are good at explaining things.

Besides, the fact that we don't have a gun now proves nothing. We could discard it.

I don't know. I am in favor of doing something to keep our group busy and derail the everyday scenario as much as possible.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
But how exactly will we attack him? Will we be strangling him with a stethoscope? Is it the long-awaited chance for our inner Liam Neeson-ness to shine?

You'll slide over the coffee table and then use his trenchcoat against him by pulling it over his head, Jackie Chan-style, before proceeding with the rest of your combo. :dance:

Of course we now have confidence to straight attack mori, but ask him out, nooo.

Mori just made himself a target when he wasn't before, and some people find it a lot easier to let their hands do all the talking.:dance:

Current tally:

A - 7
B - 5
C - 2
E - 1

Baltika9

Arcane
You'll slide over the coffee table and then use his trenchcoat against him by pulling it over his head, Jackie Chan-style, before proceeding with the rest of your combo. :dance:
I have to see this. Let us engage Mori-senpai in goofy martial arts combat! Flopping to E.
:salute:

Nevill

Arcane
Mori just made himself a target when he wasn't before, and some people find it a lot easier to let their hands do all the talking.
And yet you denied us giving a hug to Amanozaki. :rpgcodex:

What's up with endorsing a violent behavior but not letting us show our creepy appreciation for the people we like?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
And yet you denied us giving a hug to Amanozaki. :rpgcodex:

What's up with endorsing a violent behavior but not letting us show our creepy appreciation for the people we like?

You thought about Uehara, not Amanozaki, in the swimsuit scene. :happytrollboy:

Nevill

Arcane
That was before the swimsuit scene. And you never let us hug Uehara either. Not ever when she died. :cry:

I see us railroaded to become a bloodthirsty psychopath who goes nuts because of all those unexpressed feels!! :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You didn't trigger enough points with Amanozaki (dialogue scene in the lobby) before the swimsuit scene, and you didn't after. :mrfussy:

To get into a particular route, you'll have to focus on a single character. Spreading out the attention won't help. :M

Nevill

Arcane
How do you focus on a character that runs away from you at a first opportunity? :argh:

We need to find some rope this night. That is, if we don't end up bound in a storage room ourselves.

Maybe we can propose that Mori shackles us to Sakimura if we raise our suspicion meter enough. Since he hever leaves Uehara's side, maybe we can be together that way.

Hmmm... is there a Mori route?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom