Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks ok for the most part

Looks like shit, I have seen 5 year old browser strategy games with better looking graphics.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Last homm game i was played was 3....... and i think it will stay this way....

Bulba

Learned
I have no faith that this game will be better/equal to homm3 hd. I've seen this going back to the roots bullshit way to many times and I just can't see what they can possibly add to the game (apart from some questionable balance) to make it better

Quatlo

Arcane
I think my main problem with the town screens is the wasted screen space. All the buildings are basically in the background and super clustered.
They also look extremely samey. These 2 towns are almost indistinguishable. One has red roofs while the other one has yellow. The buildings say nothing about their purpose, they are just some random houses with few flying around to suggest that they are magical.
It is work in progress so probably early sketch but looks very meh for now.

bloodlover

Arcane
What is the equivalent of alchemist lab in H3? And yes, the gold dragon does not belong to Heaven.

Carceri

Arcane
Perhaps it's an overdesigned griffin(at least that was my first impression) and then it fits the Heaven theme. Still looks like cheap crap though.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Well, Ubisoft's cosmology has "Dragon Gods" as patrons to the major factions, with Haven (not Heaven, FFS!) worshipping Elrath, the Dragon of Light. Makes sense within the scope of their cosmology, but does not fit well with the Heroes we know and love.

APGunner

Augur
Another set of updates from the official blog.
Q&A part 1.
There willl be map editor from the start.
Town screens will remain 2D.
Mounts will most likely be differently-colored horses for each faction.

Q&A part 2.
No online requirement/features for single-player campaigns this time.
No day/night cycle as each turn happens during the day.
Extreme mod support™ (custom factions) not planned.

Haven's might heroes.
Haven_Might_Fem_Mini.jpg
Haven_Might_Male_Mini.jpg

Three sub-classes:
  • Vindicator. Main skills: Righteousness, Warcries, Offense
  • Knight. Main skills: Righteousness, Leadership, Economy
  • Paladin. Main skills: Righteousness, Diplomacy, Defense

Haven's magic heroes.
Haven_Magic_Female_Mini.jpg
Haven_Magic_Male_Mini.jpg

Three sub-classes:
  • Inquisitor. Main skills: Righteousness, Warfare, Fire Magic
  • Priest. Main skills: Righteousness, Light magic, Prime magic
  • Confessor. Main skills: Righteousness, Light magic, Paragon

I like the female magic hero art, the other three...not really.
In my opinion the division of might/magic heores into three sub-classes is a waste of development time/pointless. In previous games players could spec their heroes into offence/economy/defence/whatever without arbitrary sub-classes.

Last edited:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
The overdesigned art style is highly cancerogenic. Not as much as in HoMMV, though.

Still, I gave up all hope on this. Another fantastic franchise down the drain. :negative:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I thought those Haven heroes looked pretty good, the Magic one a bit overdone ("hijab" and angel wing), though.

APGunner

Augur
Another set of updates, revealing 3D models of Academy and Necropolis factions.
  • In Academy section animated 3D models of units were added. Upgraded rakshasa looks really nice. Some upgraded versions of other units are basically re-textured models with silver color switched to gold.
  • Necropolis hero backstory...for those who care about lore in the new setting.
  • Necropolis units reveal part 1.
  • Necropolis units reveal part 2.
  • Skeleton
Necro_Skel.jpg

• Ghost
Necro_Banshee.jpg

• Spider
Necro_Spider.jpg

• Lamasu
Necro_Lamasu.jpg

• Lich
Necro_Lich.jpg

• Vampire
Necro_Vampire.jpg

• Bone Dragon
Necro_Bonedragon.jpg

• Grim Reaper
Necro_Grimrider.jpg
This necro line-up is very generic, but they still fucked it up. Ghost, Lamasu, Lich and Vampire designs/models look practcally indentical to those used in previous games...maybe even worse.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
oh great, that fucking terrible looking negropolis from homo6 is exactly what I wanted to see again.

Jesus Christ, even the Negros of Homm5 looked better and they were generic to fucking boot.

Unwanted

DollarSign

Unwanted
I'm amazed how much people care about graphics here. It's a turn-based strategy game, there are game mechanics and campaigns to discuss. Graphics are tertiary at best.

Shadenuat

Arcane
At least Nasteynka Anastasya is there. She was somewhat alright, one campaign I didn't get bored with.

Yeah at some point in my life I actually finished HoMM VI, as a Necro. But I don't remember it. These same, boring fantasy plots leave nothing but black hole in your memory. It's like I just played another add-on to HoMM V and forgot about it.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Academy units are IMO pretty good save for Gargoyles and upgraded Rakshasa which are overdesigned pieces of crap. Every units in Necropolis besides spider is pure crap.

I'm amazed how much people care about graphics here. It's a turn-based strategy game, there are game mechanics and campaigns to discuss. Graphics are tertiary at best.

Because most of the time in the game you look at units, not numbers, and it's nice to look at units that doesn't make your eyes bleed. It's pretty fucking simple.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
and yet the worst thing about HomoVI was the utter disgrace that was its gameplay, and some of those dumbfuckeries (like the absurd zone of control stuff) will pass over to the next installment, making it pure shit by default. We're just kicking a lying man in the nuts right now. :deadhorse:

but wait!

oh.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

We care about the art style dammit, not the freaking graphics...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom