Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter is LIVE

kazgar

Arcane
ruh roh

How will this game integrate with the SRR and DF editor?
Shadowrun Hong Kong is a new standalone game built on the same base engine as previous Shadowrun games. While the new editor will be familiar to those who have used previous versions of the editor, it will be upgraded with the features of the new game and will only be compatible with content built for Shadowrun Hong Kong.

So now there's going to be 3 forks of the shadowrun editor, so much for a integrated modding scene.

:flamesaw:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
As long as we can still use the editor, it's all good. And if we can use assets from the previous games that would be even better.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Damn, I haven't even started playing the first two. We need another decline so that I can get to my backlog. :obviously:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
... and $150,000 stretch goal (scene transitions) is funded.

aaa04803b8ecfaeaeb966beab704ea77_large.jpg

Athelas

Arcane
We're totally committed to making Shadowrun: Hong Kong and we're already several months into development. The project is budgeted, fully staffed, and on-schedule for a mid-2015 release. We also have a story we're really excited about. At our current budget, it's going to be 12+ hours long and at the quality level of Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut.

But this is Harebrained Schemes and, as always, we have more ideas than we have budget.

That's where you come in.

By backing the project, you'll increase our production budget and get more features, more improvements, and more game. Take a look at the funding goals below to see all the stuff we want to add.
Well, that explains the uninspired stretch goals. The game's already in production, so they can only add what is essentially fluff and polish, hence several stretch goals for cut scenes.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
:hype::takemymoney::takemyjewgold::takemymoney::takemymoney:

I suspect that this KS will be more front-loaded than the previous one, since they already have a channel to reach everyone who pledged for the old one. On the other hand it's the first major RPG kickstarter in a while and the first big PC game KS of 2015, so it should get plenty of media attention which will hopefully attract a lot of new pledgers.

Krash

Arcane
I have to admit the first Shadowrun was pretty meh, but HS has shown they want to build on the formula in all the right ways. How could I say no? *brandishes wallet*

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like it's about to pass $200,000 in a few minutes!!! I have to admit I'm a bit surprised it's taken off as fast as it has. Granted Dragonfall was good but the original SSR was not and Dragonfall was basically given away and had little, if any, advertising when it was released. Sales-wise, I didn't think it did that well.... but apparently I was wrong. I also found it interesting that they can't "sell" any Shadowrun merchandise but can add it as a "gift" to KS pledges (figures & bag). What's their relationship with Microsoft and the Shadowrun license at this point? Didn't MS give them a one time break for making SSR?

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think you're correct, otherwise they wouldn't rely on a kickstarter again.

Not sure that's the case here. They have already stated that the base game is being funded by themselves (ie. their own money/profits from SSR & DF sales) and the KS is "just for polish", similar to Larian's KS sales pitch.

mindx2

Patron
Just passed $200,000!! I'm quite impressed... :salute: They seem to have timed this well with no other large KS drive or game release coming up and setting their initial goal so low. Great way to get the hype-machine/join the fast moving/ already successful KS money-train flowing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom