Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need any help input available on space rangers 2(Have read f

Whats space rangers 2 replay value like

• Awsome every game played feels different

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Good its good replaying but never as good as the first time

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Average its only average after completion not that great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Absolute Rubbish replay value after the first time I never played again

• I never liked the Game initially so I aint gonna replay it

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I love this game always it always feels great to play even though ive been through it. The immplemen

• Total voters

Elias

Novice
[apologies about the post structure , its just I have lots more questions but im finding it hard

finding an active forum for space rangers 2 ]

Hi I am a newbie to this game and I have read the awsome faq on this site. I have also never

enjoyed a game with 2d elements as much as this.

I started a human mercenary character I have :

1 lezka - inflicts 9-42 dmg - radius 352 points(has beeen upgraded)
1 fragment cannon 18-30 points - radius 228(not upgraded)
1 industry laser dmg 10-25points - breaks asteroids at distance up to 290 points(upgraded
singular engine 480points - makes 26 parsec jumps(upgraded)
wave radar weight 45 can skan up to 1200
hyper fuel tank holds 20 fuel weight 22 as it has a cent upgrade
attached upgrade probability analyser and psi accelerator
suspenser driod= repairs up to 10 points hull damage
actuator gripper lifts objects of size 40 weight=27
MYHULL = Gravicore Hull Liner:: Series= kalai||Hull durability 336 blocks up to 7 points(Hull

upgraded)

As said I am loving the game but I am wandering what I need to change in order to be abe to take

down groups of dominators and go in there and liberate systems , also you no how each race has

different coloured icons well what colour is each race? for example my hull is purple (the race

icon) what race is that and which races gear is best

I have also put probes on a planet , will I get notification of when research is complete and

also a message which planet to go to?(My memmory is terrible you see hehe)

I am also listed as a trader now but I want to change that how do I start getting combat

missions?

Any input on what is wrong with my build or any tips arewelcome and needed really .

To summarise:
What is wrong with my current gear setup?
How do I get more combat missions?
What gear is needed to tank multiple mobs?
What races do the coloured icons represent?
Military bases charge you for asking about where they are going to attemp to liberate next, I went to the system suggested but didnt see any activity also how could I link up with military attacks without paying this fee?

Finally I also like the fact that each game is supposadly different! How well is this aspect done? and when you play again after completion can things really work out that different?
Thanks
Dave

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What is wrong with my current gear setup?
Just give the game time. Combat is tough as an old lady's tit at first, that's standard issue. As the time in game advances, so does the technology.

How do I get more combat missions?

See above. you'll probably lose most of the combat absed missions this early.

Military bases charge you for asking about where they are going to attemp to liberate next, I went to the system suggested but didnt see any activity also how could I link up with military attacks without paying this fee?

That fee isn't to join them. That fee is to comission an attack on the said star system. Check the news on the planets, that'll tell you the dates of planned military attacks. Just get to the rendezesvous pointby the day specified. If it's a military base, hop in the base, and you'll get a dialogue option. If it's not, a group of military fighters will be gahtered at a point on the edge of the system map somewhere. Just hang out with them until they make the jump.

As for the probes, yeah, you'll get notified of any significant changes.

Finally I also like the fact that each game is supposadly different! How well is this aspect done? and when you play again after completion can things really work out that different?

Well, It's all in how you set your options. Sure, the planets and systems are randomized every game you set up, but missions come from a pool, so once you've seen them, you've seen them. Equipment and weaponry doesn't change from game to game. Dominators still try to take over the galaxy, just at different rates (depending on how you set up your difficulty options...tons of great stuff in there.)

So technically, each game isn't entirely different...not enough to get one frothing at the mouth to play it over and over again a hundred times in a row. It's pretty good replayability, though. Better than most games you come across.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Well, read my thread (the one with 184 responses just above this) for gear loadout.

Basically, missiles and frag cannons are king early on, and droids and nanitoids are vital for fighting at all stages.

Later on shield tech becomes better/useful, and multiresonators become available. Then the game becomes easy with respect to taking on multiple mobs.

But, for dominators most of them are slow, so even early on you can lure them off a few at a time and take them down.

red - malog
blue - human
green - peleng
purple - feleng? or whatever they are called
gold - gaalian

With the probes, you have to return to pick them up later, and see what they found. They are useful early on in the game, but less so later. There is somewhere to check where they are, but I forget where.

As for combat missions, you can only get so many.

Elias

Novice
Hi thanks for all the help Im actually stuck badly on a planetory quest the one where you have to make a pizza lol

Its kinda annoying as im no cook but i want this one out the way , I checked the cafe place and wrote down some stuff about what certain races like but i still cant do it

made

Arcane
Jim Kata said:
With the probes, you have to return to pick them up later, and see what they found. They are useful early on in the game, but less so later. There is somewhere to check where they are, but I forget where.

There's a yellow icon in the bottom left of your interface that shows all your goods stored on planets, including probes.

On a sidenote, the text-based quests are probably my favorite. They actually require a fair bit of thinking to get them done without endless reloading, something I've been sorerly missing recently. The game is fucking oldschool.

Elias

Novice
To update I got the quest done just by thinking more along the lines I was already thinking I have added this link which should help anyone with the pizza quest

http://www.elementalgames.ru/forum/msg. ... &page=auto

The thing is you need to consider even the thicknes of the pizza , types of judges and a heap of other stuff so all the link does its puts you in the right direction - I think the reason I had problems is because of one thing: - I couldnt think of which food had minerals in them lol

Thanks "made", yeah that shows all my stuff, great :) , also I agree with what you are saying , I actuall have a high spec PC and I hate the way games are going all graphics to the point where its affecting immersive content with lastability in a too big way. I really like this game , VERY surprisingly so since it has 2d in it but considering they still made the game rock especially now a days is amazing. On top of that I just came across this game by chance sort of , I mean it didnt seem to be as well advertised as some of the big titles.(Yet I would still rate this a class game - I mean I have been playing ALOT the last 3 days and Im not out the first 3 systems) In saying that Im the kind of player even if i dont like a quest I will have to complete it. I dont like leaving any if possible

Elias

Novice
Thanks to the folk that participated in the poll thus far , I am having one other issue with the game, theres a mission that says a gaalian transport ship(Excuse spelling) is drifting in the sheat system and I believe I am to kill it the only thing is how do I know which transport to kill? and which is carrying garbage. Im going to check this mission again as I speak but I cant see an actual person tio kill listed

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Elias said:
Thanks to the folk that participated in the poll thus far , I am having one other issue with the game, theres a mission that says a gaalian transport ship(Excuse spelling) is drifting in the sheat system and I believe I am to kill it the only thing is how do I know which transport to kill? and which is carrying garbage. Im going to check this mission again as I speak but I cant see an actual person tio kill listed

it normally gives you the name of the ship at one point, but you have to write it down. I think that particular mission is broken, though. Just don't do it.

Elias

Novice
I think you are right, I have checked the system multiple times and found nothing obvious I also completed the mission but I didnt understand how so I went back and loaded it again but couldnt complete the mission again. The thing is all the mission says is that a garbage transport is drifting in the sheat system and to kill it to spread garbage in the system. I will do what you suggest although I hate missing stuff out but you make a valid point. Does anyone recall the mission Im on about?

Also does anyone know of any mods for SR 2? Also an online mod would be good ........Im actually studying Software Development and mathematics at uni and learning some of the low lvl aspects of how networking is immplemented. I have no delusions though I still have a mountain to learn but I would love to be able to immplement even a basic 2 player online version of SR2(Perhaps a bit of a "Pipe dream" at this point I know, its just I can see so much potential in this game)

Thanks for your input jim :)

kakuzu

Novice
Elias said:

ok body ... its not broken or somethin ... look at the mission ... its telling you in a certain system for example deneb system ... there is a gallian transporter ok? galian transporters name will start with "OVEON" ok? just search this "OVEON" in search system and find the one that is already in deneb... that transporter is the target ... follow and destroy it ... Good luck

Its not indie by any means unless your definition of non-indie requires homo sex and regenerating health. With the mod that unlocks higher resolutions it's also one of the most beautiful games I've played.

Wunderpurps

Educated
Sorry, I only glanced at it but I like space shit so maybe I will remove a copy from inventory.

tindrli

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
Its not indie by any means unless your definition of non-indie requires homo sex and regenerating health. With the mod that unlocks higher resolutions it's also one of the most beautiful games I've played.

totally agreed with Mr. Overweight

Xenich

Cipher
Is this an idie RPG worth suffering through the terrible grfx?

Umm...

Suffering? The graphics are quite good, even though they aren't up to today's "bling" standards.

While I understand the desire for more current graphical trends, if one is using graphics as a means of major evaluation, that one should likely go back and play the tardsole style games they are accustomed to.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Is this an idie RPG worth suffering through the terrible grfx?

Umm...

Suffering? The graphics are quite good, even though they aren't up to today's "bling" standards.

While I understand the desire for more current graphical trends, if one is using graphics as a means of major evaluation, that one should likely go back and play the tardsole style games they are accustomed to.
THIS^^^^
Graphics are awesome IMHO, and except for the "intro" with the idiot drinking a beer while cruising around and the RTS missions, the game itself pretty much rocks...But the intro is really, really bad.

Micmu

Magister
Who you replying to, fuckface?
Those members are no longer with us.

Are you gonna necromanticise them, too?

Also, votes didn't import correctly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom