Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nothing about the first game made me want to play any of the sequels. I can just watch the luzly renegade interrupts on Youtube.

Sykar

Arcane
Nothing about the first game made me want to play any of the sequels. I can just watch the luzly renegade interrupts on Youtube.

I got the second for 5 bucks. Never got further than like 10 hours into it and even that was 10 hours wasted. My fault for being a retard though and having some hopes in Bioware still.

imweasel

1BEjo5I.jpg
Hey, I know that building.

ICC_%26_Funkturm.jpg

ICC Berlin on the trade expo grounds.

pippin

I have like 5 hours of ME1 according to Origin, and I've already seen like 80% of the stuff shown in those concept art pics. And I'm not trying to be edgy.
On the other hand, I don't think this will be a DA:I in space, or at least it shoudln't be. Economically, it's the better franchise. I do believe it will be like just another 3rd person shooter though.

Sykar

Arcane
I have like 5 hours of ME1 according to Origin, and I've already seen like 80% of the stuff shown in those concept art pics. And I'm not trying to be edgy.
On the other hand, I don't think this will be a DA:I in space, or at least it shoudln't be. Economically, it's the better franchise. I do believe it will be like just another 3rd person shooter though.

ME series sucked as shooter though.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I played ME2 twice, mainly for the combat (and that on highest difficulty). On my second run I used ME2Coalesced editor for infinite non-combat storm speed and to cheat in resources because the mining mini-game bored me to tears..

Oesophagus

Arcane
I wonder what ancient, forgotten evil, threatening all life in the galaxy the potagonist wil have to defeat this time, while simultaneously flying to the other end of the galaxy to look for someone's car keys

Tytus

Arcane
I wonder what ancient, forgotten evil, threatening all life in the galaxy the potagonist wil have to defeat this time, while simultaneously flying to the other end of the galaxy to look for someone's car keys

It will probably the Leviathans that they established in ME3 or that new machine race they have planned for ME4 so to enforce the organic vs synthethic storyline.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
tumblr_n46rsp2Nqh1skg6lpo1_500.jpg

Nothing. Bioware will probably just conveniently retcon the decision to not cure it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If they stick to their usual MO, then a game without an imported savegame will assume Shepard collargrabbed half of the galaxy and killed the rest. That includes deceiving the Krogans led by not-Wrex, sabotaging the cure and getting away with it. With an imported savegame the cure just malfunctioned because of the damage to the tower.
Krogans are brought back to their ME1 status as a dying race of mercenaries serving as tougher cannon fodder. Only now they have saved the galaxy twice.
At best we get a second statue on the Shitadel.

Back to square one.

Unless they want to make Krogans the main enemy of course.

Caim

Arcane
Krogan Dating/Insemination Sim pls BW.
How much jizz is produced in a single Krogasm, anyways? If their seed production is increased by their more numerous testicles (the quad) and their size compared to a human, is it more than twice as much? Or is the difference not very significant?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Well as long as they leave it at polishing, I would like an updated ME1.

Why? So you can have the same weird engine, ugly corridors, combat that is neither tactical nor actiony enough and derping around in Mako - only this time in 60fps?

A better version of ME1 already exists, it's called ME2.

If ME2 cut out everything Reapers and just made it an attack on some powerful space gang or something that Saren worked for it would have been much better.

Zanzoken

Arcane
My head is telling me this will be pure decline but my heart wants to be optimistic. ME is popamole but I can't help but enjoy it as a guilty pleasure.

I thought ME1 had the best storytelling and the world, although fairly generic, felt like a place I wanted to explore and learn more about. The waifu shit wasn't too obnoxious and I actually really liked the feel of the Mako even though the planet exploration and vehicle encounters were quite uninspired.

ME2 was kind of a mixed bag. The combat got a decent overhaul and even though streamlined actually became more tactical. Playing on the highest difficulty meant that all enemies had a mix of armor, shields, and barriers... which is technically just HP bloat but it did require you to employ some party management and watch your ammo reserves. The story and characters were generally quite a bit worse than the original, though, and the almost complete removal of itemization sucked as well.

ME3 was unfortunately a decline in almost every way. Dumbed down combat and extremely lackluster writing, even if you ignore the C&C disaster at the end. The only thing I remember liking about the game was the overhaul to the weapon system, which removed the class restrictions on firearms. It always irked the shit out of me that Shepard was supposed to be some kind of galaxy-saving superman, and yet in the first two games if you picked any class other than Soldier he couldn't hit the side of a fucking spaceship with an assault rifle from more than 10 feet away. smh

If they took inspiration from the best parts of the original trilogy this could end up being good, maybe even great. Unfortunately it's Bioware, which means the focus will be on gRaFiX, SJW emo-isms, and collecting LGBTABC waifus rather than gameplay or storytelling.

donkeymong

Scholar
Who needs this shit? They ruined the franchise already with the second game so thoroughly that all that is left is to let ME simply die.
I agree. Even the combat was pure bull for everyone who played something other then the soldier on higher difficulties.
In addition,global cooldown, something completely retarded like ammo "powers", and the linear a to be corridors with no alternative paths/ways to reach quest obejectives.(the first one offered at least Noveria,Virmire and Citadel(avoid one fight if the player went to Wrex first)

donkeymong

Scholar
ME3 was unfortunately a decline in almost every way. Dumbed down combat .
??
Why? Because not every trooper had a shield that blocked most tech and biotic powers?
Otherwise the third game had more abilities and actually meaningfull evolutions of them unlike in Mass Effect 2,where its either ,for example,bigger radius or force.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Why would you still be optimistic after being let down thrice before.. once bitten, twice shy, no?

ME3 was unfortunately a decline in almost every way. Dumbed down combat .
??
Why? Because not every trooper had a shield that blocked most tech and biotic powers?
Otherwise the third game had more abilities and actually meaningfull evolutions of them unlike in Mass Effect 2,where its either ,for example,bigger radius or force.

No, because in the space of three games in changed it's genre from RPG to third person shooter.. I would imagine that would be decline in any sane person's book.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Who needs this shit? They ruined the franchise already with the second game so thoroughly that all that is left is to let ME simply die.
I agree. Even the combat was pure bull for everyone who played something other then the soldier on higher difficulties.
In addition,global cooldown, something completely retarded like ammo "powers", and the linear a to be corridors with no alternative paths/ways to reach quest obejectives.(the first one offered at least Noveria,Virmire and Citadel(avoid one fight if the player went to Wrex first)

Never played ME 3 nor do I plan to, except maybe if I can grab it for 5 bucks. Agreed on everything else. The Biotic changes were especially aggrevating. Spam Warp/Reave at nauseum -> Headshot 1-2 times. Other powers were nearly useless except for maybe Singularity. The whole shit made no sense whatsoever and they already had mass limitations for certain enemeis like the big Geth walkers in place. The change to a convential ammo system was just major :decline: and made no sense at all. Why the heck would I risk that my soldiers run out of ammo when I have the technology to supply them with endless ammo for little drawback?

turul

Augur
First of all you can't really ruin something that's decline shit already. And second, the second was better than the first.

You mean, (the armed) Dr Phil in space , and simple 3DsMax cubes and cylinders to hop around , with frequent brakes of staring at the ass of octopus haired space prostitutes made the game better?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom