Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3: Van Buren (Spoilers!)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Our goal is to release before Grimoire.

hiver

I would kinda laugh at you all now, very deservedly but ... it would be nice if you assholes would manage to publish even that devolved retarded version of Van Buren you aimed for.

in case they're developing the game on their own, it would be cool if they would check out what we plan to do. We're just fans, not some boogeymen.
hmppfff...

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
day 428. How's it going?
hqdefault.jpg

Bitcher1

Cipher
Such is life in the wastes. They're probably chillin' at the Cafe of Broken Dreams.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
day 433.
Madness finally reached the level of billions redundant unfinished assets :lol:
10958047_334461660098035_1841480972670919173_n.png

1517524_313350842209117_7833595112965801397_n.jpg

Right side looks like collisions nightmare.

Also, I'm disappointed becasue you're posting on facebook but not here.

omnimercurial

Novice
Sorry been absent so long guys.
Been in Hospital since Oct 2014.

I managed to stay updated on stuff on Develteam for a while at first last year but then my health deteriorated further.

Also forgetting password to log in did not help.

I'm out of Hospital now but still not recovered fully so may be a while til I'm able to make new Art Submissions sadly.

The Van Buren Team is still welcome to use the Art I submitted before and I hope to become more invlolved again as I recover.

Need to find that Develteam password again too. "^_^

Good luck on your new Business too Hexer! Hope all goes well! :)

omnimercurial

Novice
A mixture of Social Services breaking in and dragging me to hospital due to supposedly being "worried" despite them not helping when asked for the past Ten Years.

Had a Relapse and deterioration of Health due to picking up multiple nasty infections from the Hospital and a shit ton of stress.

Not a great idea to force someone into hispital when they have a weakened immune system.

Stupid Social Workers....

Also now suffering muscle atrophy due to Relapse and bungled Physio on top.

Getting moved between 8 Wards all the time didnt help either and neither did being shoved in a Ward that they later added 4 Violent Mentally ill/Senile Patients to.

Not nice to be unable to get out of Bed when Nurses are being punched or you wake up to a Patient climbing on to your bed while your in it before trying to defecate on you as Nurses try and drag him off.

Not exactly a stress free environment to recover in eh?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit man, just hang in there and you'll remember all this crap in a couple of years and laugh about the absurdity of it all.

Blackmill

Scholar
So, posts seem to suggest that the project has been falling apart since Hexer left but the Facebook page has had several recent updates.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
On the Codex Visits Larian report I saw Sara Baylus say she "played" and "enjoyed" (past tense) Van Buren and I came running over here thinking there was a release or close to it that I missed. Does she mean the old tech demo, an early build of VBmod, or is does she just know exactly how to troll the codex by leaving the holy grail dangling out there like it's no big thang.

Klarion

Arcane
On the Codex Visits Larian report I saw Sara Baylus say she "played" and "enjoyed" (past tense) Van Buren and I came running over here thinking there was a release or close to it that I missed. Does she mean the old tech demo, an early build of VBmod, or is does she just know exactly how to troll the codex by leaving the holy grail dangling out there like it's no big thang.
where the hell did you see that? I can't find anything in the interview...

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
fuck me I may have buggered that up thoroughly. I looked up all the interviews with her I could find, so i may have misattrubuted that statement to that interview. searching back i dont see it mentioned in any of the recent codex articles about Larian.
it was a question about what games you played recently that inspire your writing, and i thought it was sarah that claimed to have played and enjoyed van buren. i figured it was a 50/50 chance she meant fallout3, or the tech demo or mod project actually called van Buren. since i didnt mark the page, and it doesnt seem to be in the aforementioned article, I may be gravely mistaken.

AngryKobold

Arcane
Well, we're currently having a bit of a management/leadership problem now that Hexer's taken time off to start his own business. Personally, I'm still hopeful.

Just make me the leader. Under my leadership the final version will see the daylight, regardless if you like it or not. Even if I had to micromanage the hell out of you.

hexer

Hey bros! I'm dropping in to say hello and see what're you all up to.

I recently talked to Vaarna_Aarne about my status so I'm going to share it here as well...

I currently have 3 jobs: in the bank, in Egypt ( www.speeli.com ) and I recently started working on a turn-based RPG I will create in a RPG Maker MV (yes, I'm whoring myself).

Hopefully, in the next year I will make enough money to leave the job at the bank and focus only on my job in Egypt and on game development. I can't focus any of my time or energy on Van Buren for the simple reason I cannot sell the game and I need to do something that brings in the revenue. I can only return to it with money but for that I have to be successful in either Egypt or with my own RPG.

Of course, if someone picks up the VB team lead torch while I'm away earning those much needed caps, I'll give him/her my blessing.

:bro:

hexer

Hahaha he just sent me an email and I replied back. I wouldn't leave you out of anything else. I should fire up that Skype more often!

There are many reasons I picked RPG Maker MV over other engines but the main one is that those simple RPGs are easy to sell (if they're good and not half-ass attempts).
Other reasons are because it's open source, has been around since 1992, is easy to get into as a developer, games are sold without royalty fees, and a big community.

The lastest version, MV, was released like a week ago so I'm still in the learning phase. I have some rough game system ideas I would like to see and just started working on a setting (it will be something new, different yet familiar).

AoD is on my December playlist. I'm currently playing Wasteland 2 Director's Cut ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom