Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Codex is too damn wide

potatojohn

Arcane
What is this? 1997? Have you heard of "responsive design"?

Since today, about 1/5 of the Codex is off-screen for me.

potatojohn

Arcane
Sorry, I meant the Codex forums, not the news page (although that has also been too wide for a while).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Time to upgrade from 1024x768px resolution. Page looks fine to me, even in a browser window that only takes up 1/3 of the screen.

potatojohn

Arcane
I have a 1280x1024 screen connected to my laptop and tabs on the right

I can't even scroll vertically to see the full contents of a post any more. The paragraphs are too big.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It looks fine on my 1280x1024.

Go to account preferences and change forum style from 'RPG Codex - fixed width' to 'RPG Codex'.

xoxoxo
ur quest compass

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Sorry but a full 1280x1024 is really the minimum that I can work with in 2015. The new ad creatives are larger so I had to do some layout adjustments to make it all fit, so fixed width is wider currently because there's an issue with making the creative fit the forum index. I'll look into getting around that later today so that I can get fixed width back to what it was previously.

But yea, this ain't 1997 any more. Responsive doesn't mean that everything can fit into 1000px of width when you've got static elements in the mix.

A user named cat

DarkUnderlord or Taluntain if there's something that needs fixing on the Codex, it's this:

5LDHAYh.jpg

Isn't that a simple matter of adding margins or padding to page navi buttons?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Sorry but a full 1280x1024 is really the minimum that I can work with in 2015. The new ad creatives are larger so I had to do some layout adjustments to make it all fit, so fixed width is wider currently because there's an issue with making the creative fit the forum index. I'll look into getting around that later today so that I can get fixed width back to what it was previously.

But yea, this ain't 1997 any more. Responsive doesn't mean that everything can fit into 1000px of width when you've got static elements in the mix.
It's not 1997 any more, no one uses browser fullscreen.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

What Taluntain is saying is: Donate to the codex so ads go away and you can scale it down. :smug:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

What I always use my browser fullscreen

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
when you've got static elements in the mix.

...which we pay not to see

:rpgcodex:

And... you don't if you've got ad-free. So I'm not sure what you mean?

DarkUnderlord or Taluntain if there's something that needs fixing on the Codex, it's this:

5LDHAYh.jpg

Isn't that a simple matter of adding margins or padding to page navi buttons?

There are many style elements that need fixing besides that, I'll add it to the list.

Don't assume that because you use something in some way that everyone else does as well. I don't, for example. But in any case, it's really irrelevant whether you use your browser in full screen or not as long as you make sure you have 1280 of width in your window. Obviously we can only design for full screen resolution minimums, not every custom width anyone can come up with.

What Taluntain is saying is: Donate to the codex so ads go away and you can scale it down. :smug:

If you're an ad-free patron that's one of the benefits, definitely.

aleph

Arcane

What I always use my browser fullscreen
:updatedmytxt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom