Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Linguistics discussion while being totally of topic, retardoed? Thats harsh bros! It injected some intelligence in this otherwise universally dumbing thread.

I think Dorian was OK.

Sykar

Arcane
Linguistics discussion while being totally of topic, retardoed? Thats harsh bros! It injected some intelligence in this otherwise universally dumbing thread.

I think Dorian was OK.

latest

I don't know, something seems wrong with him.

deranged

Cipher
What's this ? Thread derailment violently ended by extreme moderation ?

For those with ps consoles, there's an offer at the moment to get DA:I online, at the price of a regular game.

Azeot

Arbiter
Are You crazy ? Im still playing this game [I do not have "24 hours a day" for playing and finishing such titles over one week] and enjoying it alnogside with other good crpgs. It's good to see that "true codexian" shitstorm calm down here. Bioware made good crpg with this game again, and upcoming patch feautures looks nice. While im plyaing crpgs from late 80's [and still getting back to M&M , and many other crgps from past years] ive found Inquisition as part of "AAA"crpgs slight incline and im satisfied with it, for defending my opinion ive got a "fanboy" label here even [thanks anyway, im great fanboy of crpg genre] , becouse great gems in "another" more hardcore focused sector like Age of Decadence, D:OS or Xulima, Underrail are and always will be directed for crpg fans only not wider audience.
Games like Dragon Age, Skyrim or Witcher 3 are for everyone," hardcores" included but they have other design concepts than mentioned above. So it has no any sense to argue that DoS , Underrail etc. are more complicated and interesting, etc.
I found both approaches good as im getting older and having more to do than spending hours in front of monitor and playing my favourite crpg title as long as i want. Sometimes sure, it's nice to have game that need that few hours of constant playing, but other time it's good to have somewhat "casual" but "large" too crpg.

yeah, right, tell 'em. To the devil with hardcore youngsters-only games, and fuck punctuation too. Ain't nobody grown up got time for that!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Gaider has just announced that he's leaving the DA setting behind, effective immediately. Weekes is taking over as head writer.

FUDU

Arcane
Yes, he's leaving to head up a new team to create his Magnum Opus

Social Justice Warriors: God My Vagina Hurts

It will be magnificent.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So DAI was a flop after all :lol:
http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-age-lead-writer-david-gaider-moves-on-to-something-new/

Some quotes from http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3...ass-effect-4-and-new-ip-details/1100-6420236/
Creating an entirely new universe also gives the team a "chance to have a clean sheet of design to start at the most fundamental set of principles you can have," said BioWare general manager Aaryn Flynn.

That's the closest to "We confess we fucked up both our IPs" that Bioware would get to.

Hudson added that the new IP was being designed to tell "contemporary stories," whatever that could mean.
Knowing their audience (what is left of it) my bet is they are going overt SJW. They'll mess that up too, because the weirdos with complexes will always whine about something, it's in their nature, and finally Bioware will get closed down :D

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I hope it all goes to shit at Bioware, Canadians are almost as bad as Belgians at game development and both fail miserably at telling a story.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Weekes wrote the characters Iron Bull, Solas, Cremisius Aclassi and the rest of the Bull's Chargers, and Cole. He also wrote the quest Here Lies the Abyss.

I have some hope for next DA main plot. Maybe it will not suck ass.

Seolas

Liturgist
Finished this game last night. What a crock. It wasn't quite the monstrosity DA2 was but actually more boring because it was an offline MMO with maps full of nothing except shards, astronomy things, herbs and metals. And the main storyline was a bore. At least the first game offered some new ideas and surprises like Cailan getting mauled to pieces.

Cole was a well written companion at least, but the others were quite boring. Also, why was there 0 option to be an evil Inquisitor? One of the best things in these sort of games has been the ability to play a complete douche like in KOTOR. They went from 'dark, gritty, mature fantasy' to enforced poster boy for chaotic good.

The scope of this game would be probably be better for Mass Effect on new planets with more stuff to shoot. At least that would be more entertaining than jogging across maps with rams and nugs, with the occasional bear or dog attacking you. Oh, and enough mind-numbingly dull MMO fetch content to last you a lifetime.

Lios

Cipher
Still haven't played this.
Is it any better than Amalur? Companions aside

Deleted member 7219

Weekes wrote Cole?

Shit.

Cole is one of the worst Bioware characters OF ALL TIME, yo (though not as bad as Sera).

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
This guy? I haven't played DA:I game and probably never will, but I wouldn't expect anything other than shit, based on this promotional description:

59O8Mso.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm 6 hours in and the game is actually quite fun, especially because I love exploration. Assuming from what I've seen so far, it's the best Dragon Age and quite a decent game.

Sothpaw

Learned
Finished the game last night on nightmare. Started on release so that tells you what I thought of it.

+ Environments were really good to be honest
- NPC's are horrible
- Combat is horrible (mash mash mash drop fire trap mash mash mash)
- Keyboard controls are horrible
- SJW SJW SJW all day ever day
- Story it terrible
- Sidequests are terrible
- Game is boring

4/10 will not play again or recommend to anyone. Glad Gaider is gone but they will just hire someone equally terrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom