Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

A horse of course

Resident Evil 4 HD. My first time playing through the whole game (I remember playing the original PC release, getting infuriated with the controls and QTEs and quitting about 2 hrs in) and it wasn't really worth it. One of the longest linear shooters I've played (took me about 21hrs for the base game and another 3hrs for the comically lazy Separate Ways campaign). I'm not really sure why anyone who liked RE4 would have a problem with RE5, as even with the co-op partner the gameplay is virtually identical. I suppose the more traditional survival-horror environments (castles, woods, villages, underground labs) appeal to some fans. The development cycle of the game is more interesting than playing the damn thing (it went through multiple revisions, with version 1 being judged too much of a radical departure from the series, and converted into Devil May Cry, version 2's plot being reused for Haunting Ground, version 3.5's scenario being scrapped but revived in the RE5 DLC, and the final version being the result of Capcom getting pissed off, putting Mikami back as director and threatening to cancel the entire series of it didn't sell enough copies - hence the more accessible and marketable shift to 3rd-person action). Sorry for the horrible motion blur on many of the screens.

http://www.crimson-head.com/biohazard35.htm

6MoAxuM.jpg
6UAvsf1.jpg
IhUb6Fr.jpg
xBMsMBX.jpg
agq86Fe.jpg
hgLZ7wg.jpg
tt0uKdd.jpg
RnTLk5D.jpg
kUD7gI2.jpg
Ol4bh3T.jpg
HkYWVIO.jpg
1OuwG3s.jpg
uD1ah0X.jpg
wBPvUh9.jpg
SBBI7n3.jpg
LaySfrV.jpg
Ay0lCWq.jpg
B36bOAH.jpg
1Hv1lIO.jpg
niRlHql.jpg
P4qibnn.jpg
CTPB4wV.jpg
evMWMl5.jpg
ecdy7eK.jpg
ebhZsIx.jpg
iLRy9B2.jpg
rEYUgkc.jpg
YAa2Xw1.jpg
jyv6oeG.jpg
GcQqVIy.jpg
wu7fnvJ.jpg
kmYkNZj.jpg
jgrQ1g4.jpg
fcycXOy.jpg
YPPIxuH.jpg
ywXPxXR.jpg
XFuYFuq.jpg
DWdi0sg.jpg
yoPvp8w.jpg
eERCQqd.jpg
mx92jVB.jpg
EasObPc.jpg
KQpTHXd.jpg
i8wvkqE.jpg
DHaNiyR.jpg
LYZP8sh.jpg
q6kK6S6.jpg
FQ5IOxY.jpg
v0el2MD.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
o1gtHn.jpg

Retro dungeon in 1992. That's rich.

Meanwhile, in castle british

lx0T30.jpg

YOU HAVE FEHLED

AS A SPEHS MUHRINE

kxgCNB.jpg

mehVQk.jpg

4isAaw.jpg

g7BlxC.jpg

HTWtne.jpg
Woop woop. Well, UW2 was bretty guud, probably better than UW1, but Jesus Christ was the endgame a fucking chore. All this running back and forth between dimensions to get those djinn-summoning components and shit, fuck that.

Also, I've noticed that old rpgs of the first person variety really like to have these weird-ass 'astral void' kind of levels for their endgame, with weird colours, constant displacement and strange navigation. Well, fuck you, old rpgs. It was not fun in Daggerfall and it was definitely not fun here, either, although the ethereal void of uw2 was much less offensively terrible than Daggerfall's. It was still really fucking annoying though.

spekkio

Arcane
^
Most likely 30 of these were failed QTEs.
So far, RE5 is 10x better than RE4.

:smug:

In before

:decline:

A horse of course

Number of times killed: 33

:nocountryforshitposters:

Off the top of my head: four deaths to the early rockslide QTE, three or four to the Del Lago (until I switched to an xbox controller), one death to the Village Chief QTE, five deaths to the statue chase QTE , five deaths to the Krauser QTE, a couple of deaths to the truck chase where the other truck rams you, and the rest of the deaths were scattered throughout normal gameplay as far as I can remember. PC controls are definitely not ideal for those because hammering X/C is a lot more problematic than on a gamepad. I never died to the Regenerators/Iron Maidens, Saddler, the Verdugo or w/e the bodyguard was called, the actual Village Chief boss fight, the U-3 monster (wait, actually I died to the time limit on the hanging cage a couple of times), the mercs, or Salazar-Hybrid. So probably about 10 deaths to actual enemy attacks (usually villager/cultist mobs with the insta-kill Plaga head type, though I died several times to the actual krauser fight[with the arm]).

Don't get me wrong, RE4-6 are definitely more difficult than both the early titles and the average popamole game even if you remove all the QTEs. I don't judge the quality of a gnome by how many times I died, though, because I'm not an insecure soulsbabby. :smug:

That's how femmlings talk, brother poocums.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is Biohazard screenshot month on the 'dex

Uewc5Oz.jpg

Jill is admiring tasteful art direction of the culpture.

mGaAn3h.jpg

Spotted Tehdagah

bDYm70L.jpg

I can't stand the heat of crimson heads here.

Zg4quUe.jpg

images

K8kdIYC.jpg

:desu:

AJICZqr.jpg

OaBwDzY.jpg

So this is what I've got after giving Richard an antidote, a human meat-shield.

dvc5UqR.jpg

Giant snake, camera angle, dirty Japs at it's finest.

QzpOlCl.jpg

u1wNJB7.jpg

sQN5b4U.jpg

:mhd:

ZrPfuwI.jpg

:neveraskedforthis:

wHYK0zA.jpg

MJqZNSA.jpg
ZGU9ic6.jpg

Feels like Evil Dead game

AqSQzln.jpg

Poor Lisa :(

1D1SJde.jpg

It's Jaws time!

XrcRyYY.jpg

Electricity comes to the rescue !

t7loCea.jpg

Fighting with the Many.

LQoBQT4.jpg

I HAVE HAD IT WIH THIS MOTHA FUCKEN SNAKE IN THIS MUTHA FUCKIN MANSION!

j0jru9L.jpg

Best cutscene ever.

7sIgPNH.jpg

Time to stomp on that giant spider thing.

k66I12P.jpg

cTwWyKh.jpg

C&C Event

44FjWTA.jpg

:(

v1McFxg.jpg

Ys7y0w3.jpg

19690-resident-evil-windows-screenshot-albert-wesker-from-intro-movie.jpg

It was me all along, Duke Nukem!

IchcSso.jpg

yougonget.jpg

Cn45R7m.jpg

hA0OxW1.jpg

Chris is such a shitlord.

9BsKUUM.jpg

Time for some chops, hot and ready to eat!

x7FNjki.jpg

:yeah:

739uMhe.jpg

rQ8wYIC.gif

spekkio

Arcane
Resident Evil 5

So, as always with newshit console shooters, FOV sucks donkey balls. You can increase it using a "mod" (file replacer), but it has a set value (you can't change it). Using Resident Evil 5 +78 Trainer v6.3 by wilsonso is much better idea. 1st screen: default FOV, 2nd screen: FOV increased by 30 degrees (there are different FOV values for different "states" like move, aim, etc).

zSbVQc9.jpg

Mpa3nuW.jpg

h51ahVA.jpg

e0YCWdv.jpg

Going above 90 is not a good idea, due to "eye fish effect":

jwXC6nb.jpg

But going to ~10 can be sometimes useful:

jNYOJNB.jpg

tl;dr

glorious-pc-master-race-fallback.png

Modron

Arcane
Are you getting some sort of commission or something for posting all those teddy floppy ear games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom