Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Apart from fixing a few minor bugs in the mod, I'm only planning on playing the game for now, sry. ;)
No apologies needed! The mod is great, thank you for making my first playthrough closer to an IE experience.

Do you know if there is a way to change the default zoom level, btw? I searched, but haven't found a console command. setzoomdefault, for example, isn't recognized.

I don't believe there is one. But if you want to always play at the same zoom level and have it "locked", I suppose you could try SetZoomRange minValue maxValue where both of your values would be the same.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yea, that's an option. I've expanded the zoom range to 0.5 to 2, and have mapped default to MOUSE3 (this is an option in the Controls options, so it must be hardcoded). I just wish default was the zoom level I wanted.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Playing with the latest ie mod, you guys really should add 1680*1050 resolution solid Ui textures, it's one of the most common if not the most common resolutions on pc

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Updated the mod on nexus
- "fix backer names" mod now actually works
- "unlock combat inventory" mod now actually works
- cheat console commands are now actually unlocked

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Really sorry for this noob question but how do I start with modding in terms of poking around the code and quest/dialogue files or various other things?

Old Hans

Arcane
is there any way to change the damage numbers font? I want something like Darklands.

xxTheGoDxx

Literate
Sorry if this was already asked (really no in thread search?) but is there a way in the IE Mod to change the art / texture of the attribute bar like there is for the rest of the ui? EDIT: And maybe the log frame as well?

Also, can you change the color of the selection circles and the placement of the "Game paused" message?

xxTheGoDxx

Literate
Sorry if this was already asked (really no in thread search?) but is there a way in the IE Mod to change the art / texture of the attribute bar like there is for the rest of the ui? EDIT: And maybe the log frame as well?
Nevermind, found it. Must have been blind.
Ok, celebrated to early, can I change the none purple part of the attribute bar:
W0Wcp31.png

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Updated the Asset Editor for 1.0.2.0508: http://rien-ici.com/iemod/asset_editor

is there any way to change the damage numbers font? I want something like Darklands.
The asset editor has to be slightly improved to allow direct substitution of assets in assetbundles.

Really sorry for this noob question but how do I start with modding in terms of poking around the code and quest/dialogue files or various other things?
This is the only tool we have so far is the one I cited above, and the documentation is very lacking, there is a lot of stuff not written down anywhere that you need to know to use it.
As for dialogues, there is no tool for that yet, but they're in some xml format, which is readable and editable in simple txt editors.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I know it's experimental but I should let people know that the respec command is currently broken. You get multiple copies of your level one ability it seems on reload.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Indeed, I'll add it to the description.

Nevermind, found it. Must have been blind.
Ok, celebrated to early, can I change the none purple part of the attribute bar:

Log frame - yes.
Abilities bar - no. I didn't expose this atlas.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Hmm so I've noticed that Obsidian wrote their own quest and dialogue editors, wouldn't the source to their editors be in the various dll files? I haven't poked too deeply as I'm mainly referencing the two OEI.dll files.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Hmm so I've noticed that Obsidian wrote their own quest and dialogue editors, wouldn't the source to their editors be in the various dll files? I haven't poked too deeply as I'm mainly referencing the two OEI.dll files.
No. Even if it was in form of a custom Unity Editor Extension, it wouldn't have made it in - the compiler ignores them when a project is being built.
But from the way it looks on their screenshots, it was definitely an external tool. Which makes sense, because they won't always be using Unity, and this tool may still serve them afterwards.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
No. Even if it was in form of a custom Unity Editor Extension, it wouldn't have made it in - the compiler ignores them when a project is being built.
But from the way it looks on their screenshots, it was definitely an external tool. Which makes sense, because they won't always be using Unity, and this tool may still serve them afterwards.

Ah, interesting, so then in that case since as you said the dialogue files are just xml then does that mean we could theoretically build our own editor? (I may try this myself however I only know a small amount of C++ meaning it could go either way.) And if so, with the global variables and quest files are they similar cases?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Ah, interesting, so then in that case since as you said the dialogue files are just xml then does that mean we could theoretically build our own editor? (I may try this myself however I only know a small amount of C++ meaning it could go either way.) And if so, with the global variables and quest files are they similar cases?
Yeah sure, you can make a stringtable editor. Somebody has to make one eventually.

Only explicitely typing iroll20s disables achievements.
So you can cheat using mods? Good to know none of the challenge achievements mean anything in that case.
If you want to look at it this way, yes. I see it differently. If a person wants to get all achievements, all they have to do is download a trainer that always keeps them at max hp with 25 stats. You can't protect achievements.
I unlocked console commands for people to use at their own discretion w/o having to worry about anything. If they need to repair something that happened to their character that is caused by bad game design or by a bug, they should be able to do so.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Who cares about achievements anyway, unless they give you something in the game itself, like challenges in FONV.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom