Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
BTW. Whoever thought Fampyr was a good idea for name change for Vampire is retarded. It reminds me of kids thinking they're vampires or people playing Fishmalks in Vampire the Masquerade.

Personally, I am more triggered by 'Gul'

Shadenuat

Arcane
PoE takes the crown for the most pathetic and underwhelming dragon fight in gaming history.

And enjoy the "treasure"
an epic fine warhammer that can stun that gives

dum durum

PLUS ONE TO STRENGTH
plus one
ONE
asdjasasdfhs212----

I also reached level cap and I just finished but didn't get xp for some of the final quests, have more bounties to do and only beaten 8 levels of mega dungeon

life is meaningless now

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's a pretty big Irony that Josh "The Balance King" Sawyer made a game where one of the stats is mostly only useful in dialogue :troll:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
PoE takes the crown for the most pathetic and underwhelming dragon fight in gaming history.

Nah, that spot is squarely inhabited by the dragon in the Crusader-quest in MM7 that I hit with a Wand of Paralyse and proceeded to kill with 1-damage level 11 attacks :lol:

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah I though more stats would be tested in dialogue. And despite all the talk about might being strength of your souls, Its only use in conversations so far is to intimidate people with your muscle.

Duraframe300

Arcane
BTW. Whoever thought Fampyr was a good idea for name change for Vampire is retarded. It reminds me of kids thinking they're vampires or people playing Fishmalks in Vampire the Masquerade.

Havoc Well, Fampir definitly exists.

I guess changing "i" to "y" is edgy, but I don't see that as particular worth getting upset over.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The loot is underwhelming... like in BG1. Maybe that's why? We need to wait for PoE2 for epic loot! Meaningful weapon choices! :troll:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Shadenuat

Arcane

Nah, that spot is squarely inhabited by the dragon in the Crusader-quest in MM7 that I hit with a Wand of Paralyse and proceeded to kill with 1-damage level 11 attacks :lol:
You don't even need things like CC or heals here.
I think maybe the fight is bugged just like many parts of the game, since breath attack didn't seem to do anything to my party. I was just sitting drinking coffee watching my guys hitting the monster :?

Oh thankfully it seems there is another dragon somewhere out there. Gotta catch them all.
Still, with all the companions shitting their pants about the encounter and amazing presentation... :?:?
:negative:

Duraframe300

Arcane

Well, Fampir definitly exists.

I guess changing "i" to "y" is edgy, but I don't see that as particular worth getting upset over.

IN FUCKING ELVISH?!

http://cy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fampir

Thats welsh

Tolkien elves language was strongly influenced by welsh, but thats still a language dude.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems to me that a lot of people are going too easy on this game, I'm tempted to play it so I can shit on it. I'm still gonna wait for patches doe, sides playing BG2.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone come across anyone who actually talks before they attack in wilderness areas? I miss dart throwers, mad clerics and others rather than encounter #8 with pgwas and trolls.
I've been thinking exactly that. Monsters seem pretty much "waiting for me to show up, not occupied with anything". Remember the Xvarts' village? Why is it so difficult for developers to identify what players like...?

Yeah I though more stats would be tested in dialogue. And despite all the talk about might being strength of your souls, Its only use in conversations so far is to intimidate people with your muscle.
Yeah, because every good wizard should be able to twist iron bars with his bare hands. Uniting mental and physical strength in the same attribute is the dumbest idea ever. Strange, I was far less critical of the attributes system before the release of the game.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Tomato, tomato.

Suit yourself

Theres actually some funny things you can critizize Sawyer on for being a languagefaq though when some things are translated funnily. Like Pallegina can (with a bit of stretching) be interpreted as BallsVagina.

From that standpoint I will have lots of fun with Sawyers naming fetish.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rdxb7t.jpg

lolwut

Also, I noticed a funny bug with reloading persistence, where if you save, take an enemy to, say, 50% hp and reload, it'll still have 50% hp remaining.

Actually, all the bugs this game has concerning save/loads has kind of made me realise that HBS really weren't bullshitting when they said making dedicated saving in Unity is a bitch.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:lol: reminds me somewhat of that guy who applied a modesty filter to The Witcher (and of LundB's brilliant follow-up work, of course)

Deleted member 7219

I think there is one guy in
Def. Bay quest about guy who sold drugs. To start it, go to inn in the first part of town, with that library temple. Around there should be a little chick, she will start the mission
. He had a dialog after I 'killed' him but I sadly don't had dungeons that time and I only could kill him.

Exact same thing happened to me.

bloodlover

Arcane
What is the range of blunderbuss? I want to know if it's worth making a wood elf ranged cipher but idk how Distant Advantage would benefit unless using a bow.

roshan

Arcane
Was actually beginning to have fun for a bit. But repeatedly fighting shadows, specters and wisps is annoying. I mean I get why they teleport to your characters, but that's only a fun gimmick for one fight. The second time it happens it starts to get annoying. After 20 battles..........

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom