Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Patch 1.10 Introduces Turn-based Combat Mode, Overhauls Attribute System

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Let's discuss the benefits of TB versus RTwP once again to pass the time...

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Ha - I forgot it was the 1st April. :argh: It took until reading the comments until I worked out it was a joke. Well done for avoiding the easy path of a Grimoire release schedule.

I did find myself worrying about whether it had been selling well with such a momentous announcement, and worrying about whether it would be implemented well, worrying about whether Josh had lost his role as the avatar of balance, and worrying whether the game would turn into Arcanum 2.

Thanks, you bastards, at least I have less to worry about now. :(

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I did find myself worrying about whether it had been selling well with such a momentous announcement, and worrying about whether it would be implemented well, worrying about whether Josh had lost his role as the avatar of balance, and worrying whether the game would turn into Arcanum 2.

Thanks, you bastards, at least I have less to worry about now. :(

You like worrying.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some hacker should crack the source code and implement this stuff - a self fulfilling prophecy in my book. 1st of April or not.

Dukatenscheisser

Educated
Glad I didn't play this on release with stupid RTWP system. I would be feeling like a fool now. That's why I wait at least 6 months (for patches and new features) before I play any modern game.

Last edited:

Israfael

Arcane
I had the happiest minute of my life in last 3 or 4 months and then i understood. Fall damage was never that painful. Still, i think TB wouldn't hurt this game, pathfinding is shit and it basically turns into TB anyway on hard difficulty if you want to win tough battles with non-ideal comp like mine.

:dead:

sser

Arcane
Developer
8YGGTBp.gif

Fuck this day.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well played, well played.

I was disappointed for a mere second moment when my brain registered as april fool's joke, but I do enjoy PoE current combat very much and thus only say one word which is enough to show my feelings about learning when turn-based combat was nothing more than a a prank.

"Meh"

Well played.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You just broke my heart...

YJ3KuyD.png

Yeah.... I don't know what to believe anymore.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Ah the age old tradition of "never believe anything on the internet on the 1st of april" is never headed.

norolim

Arcane
Fuck you Zed. You only got me because I just woke up. Normally, I would've seen it coming from miles away... seriously.

Cadmus

Arcane
You think this is a fucking joke? Is this funny to you?
fucking hell, my heart stopped for a second and then I realized that there is nothing better that could happen to this game than a TB combat, I realized I was on the codex and then remembered the date and I felt such a disappointment. Only goes to show how much we all really want this=/

MrMarbles

Cipher
Damnit Zed playing with our emotions

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom