Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Patch 1.10 Introduces Turn-based Combat Mode, Overhauls Attribute System

Black

Arcane
I don't know if it's wise to make jokes of a far superior game if you want people to believe it :smug:

hiver

Wut?

WUT?

oh.. April fools. ok.
didnt even see its the first today...

fuck you so very much. assholes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Well that got me to... I was in a happy place for a very brief time. Fuck you April 1st.

I think ToEE's combat was brilliant, its a shame its never been repeated (that I know of, have any games used its system?)

Black

Arcane
Kind of surprised so many people are upset about this. "Tim Cain shoehorning turn-based combat into a real-time game at the last minute! Second time's the charm!"
Because even Tim's shoehorned tb would most likely be better than Sawyer's balanced rtwp, faglord.

naossano

Cipher
I wish that the april's fools it that this is a true news hidden as a fake.
Anyway, if it turns out to be true, i will sure restart and probably delete old saves.

Ladonna

Arcane
Well, I haven't actually bought the game yet. Too many games still on the playlist, too much real life in the way. But for the first minute of this thread I was preparing to head on over to GoG and make a purchase, right then and there...

And it wasn't just any old Turn based...it was TOEE turn based...forget that sad, watered down version in Arcanum (even if I still love the game).

Back on the back burner.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
turn-based combat

AAAAND IT'S FAP TIMEEEEEEEEEE!

(but, seriously, will I have to restart my game? AGAIN?)

9/10, would furiously fap to videos of it on youtube.

Inb4 April's fools.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Tim: I’m familiar with a lot of these [realtime] systems in Pillars and how to convert them [to turn-based]. Again I’m just saying that…

(cut to horrific Arcanum flashbacks)

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah... very funny. So, SO funny.
Both my productivity and employee morale have officially gone down the drain, I'll most probably spend the rest of the day wondering "what could have been".

tumblr_mp34e7JxQi1s5bb8ko1_500.gif

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
what the fuck, i just finished the game yesterday and now they are going to add turn based? fuck you too, obsidian.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Funny stuff, almost had me! The sad part is, though, that the combat would probably indeed be much better as turn-based. :|

cw8

Cipher
For a few seconds after reading the headline I was joyful then I remembered that today's 1st of April:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom