Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PE Questions and Answers

Shevek

Arcane
The enchantment system would be much more interesting if they opened up all the enchantments in the game. Lots more customization and the max 12 anvils of enchantment would actually mean something.
They need some gimmicky item specific stuff to make fans of BG2-like Monty hall like itemization happy. I think the current system is pretty good. Not perfect but a nice compromise

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The enchantment system would be much more interesting if they opened up all the enchantments in the game. Lots more customization and the max 12 anvils of enchantment would actually mean something.

Your forum avatar is triggering me because it's that asshole from neofag.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Cipher gets a better blind AoE as a spamable skill at lvl 1. Slicken is nice for that first big run, to keep them at bay with and minimize damage while you set your first defensive spells if needed.

Curse of Blackened Sight last twice as long as Eyestrike so. Don't see much of a point to low-lvl Cipher CC other than mental binding which super good. Slicken stays good though if you need a reliable interrupt/engagement break.

Zetor

Arcane
Level 1 Tenuous Grasp is a good opener from stealth, and a good CC before you unlock mental binding... but yeah, the rest aren't so hot.

e: also, the level 2 priest seal of knock-a-group-of-enemies-prone-for-20-sec is pretty decent. Needs some herding and/or a chokepoint to work best, though, due to the smallish AOE.

Lhynn

Arcane
Cipher gets a better blind AoE as a spamable skill at lvl 1. Slicken is nice for that first big run, to keep them at bay with and minimize damage while you set your first defensive spells if needed.
Curse of Blackened Sight last twice as long as Eyestrike so. Don't see much of a point to low-lvl Cipher CC other than mental binding which super good. Slicken stays good though if you need a reliable interrupt/engagement break.
Yeah, not impressed.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I wish there was a checkbox to hide helms I am wearing. I want the bonus but Aloth looks silly in a robe and with a barbute on his head.
There's a console command for it if you don't care about cheevos.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Remove Aloth from party. Problem solved.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Leave Aloth alone! :cry:

In all seriousness, he does do a lot more damage than most other characters. Though creating a custom mage, or maybe a druid or cypher can probably be better.

Svartalf

Educated
Capricious Hex has got to be the one of the best spells in the game, too.

Game over by the way:
wQ0gI6a.png

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish there was a checkbox to hide helms I am wearing. I want the bonus but Aloth looks silly in a robe and with a barbute on his head.

Can't be worse than having my aumaua barbarian wander around with a giant purple pimp hat on his head for half the game.

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
How do you complete the quests for Durance and Grieving Mother? Both journals entries just say "travel with _____ for a time" yet they don't seem to be moving to the next stage. I'm guessing they're both based on resting/camping and some dream bullshit triggering the next conversation, but it's not happening with either. Pretty late-game at this point and have completed every one else's quests.

Gord

Arcane
How do you complete the quests for Durance and Grieving Mother? Both journals entries just say "travel with _____ for a time" yet they don't seem to be moving to the next stage. I'm guessing they're both based on resting/camping and some dream bullshit triggering the next conversation, but it's not happening with either. Pretty late-game at this point and have completed every one else's quests.

For Durance's quest at least there's something in the patch notes of the upcoming patch.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane

Conversations with companions quests usually advanced when I rested at the Stronghold (more often than they did so If I rested at an inn) so might try that. You can't really improve/change their stats or anything a la PST so it's mostly just story and XP (if you really need it at this point).

Xeon

Augur
Eric Fenstermaker said on the Obsidian forum that "resting in an inn doesn't count toward advancing the quest. Have to be camping" for Durance.

Seaking4

Learned
Eric Fenstermaker said on the Obsidian forum that "resting in an inn doesn't count toward advancing the quest. Have to be camping" for Durance.

I figured that out about halfway through my run. It's annoying because I was hardly resting outside. Especially once I hit Defiance Bay. Too much money and there were so many inns.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Guys, can you help me?
I finished the "Restoration of Brighthollow" in Stronghold, but the inn first floor is still fucked up and ruined (??? supposed to stay that way?). However I am able to sleep on the one bed on the top floor (which seems restored/repaired) but it gives no bonuses and the ad said "you will receive bonuses from sleeping in Brighthollow". WTF? Is this a bug or intended?

Seaking4

Learned
Guys, can you help me?
I finished the "Restoration of Brighthollow" in Stronghold, but the inn first floor is still fucked up and ruined (??? supposed to stay that way?). However I am able to sleep on the one bed on the top floor (which seems restored/repaired) but it gives no bonuses and the ad said "you will receive bonuses from sleeping in Brighthollow". WTF? Is this a bug or intended?

You need to build other things like towers, training grounds, etc to get resting bonuses. The standard Brighthollow rest has none. As for the first floor being messy I don't remember. Maybe try restoring other things in Brighthollow and then checking back.

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
Fixing the first floor is a separate project -- in fact I think it's several. And it's only cosmetic I think (I fixed the fountain and one of my companions commented on it but that's it).

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I'm sure these are dumb questions that have a totally clear and concise explanation somewhere in the Cyclopedia, but... Can anyone explain the difference between "Recovery Time" and attack speed? Are they even different things, and if so, why? And am I correct that increasing firearm reload times does nothing to shorten the recovery timer? And finally, can anyone confirm that "Movement Speed" does not affect the speed at which you attack?

It seems really pointlessly convoluted so I'm wondering if I'm just misreading something.

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
I'd like to know that as well.

I assume the default attacks are treated the same as spells and special abilities in terms of recovery time and how armor affects them.

Movement speed seems pretty useless, especially when you consider the engagement system. Most of the time you're staying put, even if you're not engaged as walking even a few steps often gets you engaged to an enemy. A lot of the classes have abilities and spells to boost movement speed but it always seemed like a waste. I mean, why would I want my barbarian to rush into the fight at super speed?

dieu

Learned
I'm sure these are dumb questions that have a totally clear and concise explanation somewhere in the Cyclopedia, but... Can anyone explain the difference between "Recovery Time" and attack speed? Are they even different things, and if so, why? And am I correct that increasing firearm reload times does nothing to shorten the recovery timer? And finally, can anyone confirm that "Movement Speed" does not affect the speed at which you attack?

It seems really pointlessly convoluted so I'm wondering if I'm just misreading something.

I think that with a firearm, you'll spend a second attacking, a second recovering and then a second reloading (correct me if I'm wrong). Recovery time is fixed -- there is nothing you can do to alter it. So attack speed and reload speed can be buffed, but recovery time is always going to take a second. I expect they'll nerf the Chant that gives reload speed x2, if they haven't already, because it lets you fire once every 2.5 seconds instead of once every 3 seconds and that's pretty significant.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

AN4RCHID

Arcane
So what is the point of attack speed and recovery speed being two independent values? Is it just cause Sawyer loves spreadsheets, or?

dieu

Learned
I think that with a firearm, you'll spend a second attacking, a second recovering and then a second reloading (correct me if I'm wrong). Recovery time is fixed -- there is nothing you can do to alter it. So attack speed and reload speed can be buffed, but recovery time is always going to take a second.

You're wrong about all of that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vDm5MOrCK6S95h5u0EzZbGTv_u_rYqjuO0-zupqk0_A
That's more like it

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Could someone make something clear for me?
Here is Edér, with a shield. The shield has a -4 accuracy penalty. You can see that with the shield equipped, Edér has 48 accuracy. But after removing it, he has 64, meaning that the accurady penalty is not -4, but 16. Is there something I don't know?
4r6u8n.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom