Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Darth Roxor on Disappointment, thy name is Pillars of Eternity

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Basically this. If the three reviews were posted together we would have some mild thread with people talking about which review they like best. Now we are in for a double, and perhaps tripple butthurt.

I didn't want to post in this thread, but since VentilatorOfDoom insists on telling stories about me, here we go.

I was instructed by Crooked Bee to stall the review until VD and Grunker's review was done, then post the two reviews together. As the two people in charge of 95% of Codex front page content, that was our plan.

She did say that if the review was good, she might change her mind. Crooked Bee went on a business trip a day before Roxor submitted the review. Since I think his review is absurd, I decided to stall it until she could read it and decide.

This greatly upset some of the other staff members and collaborators, so they called in DU and overruled me. End of story.
Yet you did not find Rogueys drivel about TOEE absurd and had no problems posting it :lol::salute::roll: Shill more for Obsidian:salute:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Roguey's reviews were never posted as anything more than butthurt-inducing jokes. There was no notion that they were to be taken seriously in any capacity.

Weasel
Roguey's reviews were never posted as anything more than butthurt-inducing jokes. There was no notion that they were to be taken seriously in any capacity.

Hmmm.

In all honesty, the reason we're frontpaging this stuff is because we're impressed and amused by Roguey's dedication and thoroughness in dissecting these games. Most people may not enjoy the way he describes combat (including myself, to be honest) but it's so goddamn nerdy-obsessive that I just love it, and I think it may provide value to some people.

It's basically a combatfag review. If there's anything I'd be concerned about if the Codex was a more "professional" publication and I was the editor, it would be that. The feminist trolling is just easily ignorable fluff. If you let it bother you, you're falling for an obvious trap.
This. Apparantly the Codex is easily baited.

jewboy

Arbiter
I have to wonder if VD's review will be able to be summed up by Good for What It Is. What it is is a shitty game that has squeezed all the fun out of cRPG combat. I was hoping this game would save me from yet another playthrough of BG2/IWD/ToEE. I feel that I have reached a point of no return with BG2 replays. ToEE would have much better replayability of it wasn't so damn short. Maybe I'll go back to IWD again if I can get it running on Windows 7.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
I vote Dark Underlord for President. Also where can I read this review from Roguey

Edit :nm. I cant find it using the forum search but google search if ftw

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Hmmm.

In all honesty, the reason we're frontpaging this stuff is because we're impressed and amused by Roguey's dedication and thoroughness in dissecting these games. Most people may not enjoy the way he describes combat (including myself, to be honest) but it's so goddamn nerdy-obsessive that I just love it, and I think it may provide value to some people.

It's basically a combatfag review. If there's anything I'd be concerned about if the Codex was a more "professional" publication and I was the editor, it would be that. The feminist trolling is just easily ignorable fluff. If you let it bother you, you're falling for an obvious trap.
This. Apparantly the Codex is easily baited.

Yes?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The above story of course fails to mention that our friend Infinitron immediately started pming people to inform them of the secret agenda, without as much as mentioning in the content forum thread dedicated to this review that he was told to stall it, and that he was also dedicated to stalling it as much as he could. Because all the content forum thread about this review had from him was 'GUYS GUYS MAYBE WE SHUD WAIT FOR CB YOU KNOW JUST SAYIN'.

It also fails to mention how good guy Infinitron started shittalking me in that conversation, calling me an 'unhinged lunatic', that I essentially shouldn't be let to review anything again, and that my review should definitely be postponed indefinitely because a "balanced review" (tm) should come before it because I obviously "don't get" the game. Also, publishing my review was apparently doing me a favour.

It also doesn't quite mention that poor Infinitron was trying very hard to sic Vault Dweller against me, and once that failed because VD had the gall to call my review good (the heretic!), he first wanted to hammer down EU-level bureaucracy about his "contracted review" being needed to be published. He eventually also said that once my review is posted (after VoD rebelled against his constant bullshit), it should not be titled "rpgcodex review" but "Darth Roxor Hates Poe", and that VD should be thrown under the bus with a line ridiculing him for not delivering a review in time (note the lack of throwing Grunker under the bus because he mostly stayed silent about the whole deal).

I was eventually invited to the secret convo by VoD, who has proven himself again to be a bro and a gentleman, and I could see for myself what was going on behind the scenes of behind the scenes. I mostly laughed, but I was also absolutely disgusted.

Oh, and after all this was done, he told me I should deal with it like a professional. Because he can, being the professional gaming journalist that he has so very clearly outed himself as.

xoxoxo

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can only imagine the pain, blood and tears that would flow if there were RPG forums when Ultima 8 came out.
u8jump.png

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It was a secret PM convo between staff members, not a thread.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I want everybody to know that I was cool in the secret staff drama PM thread. so cool that I left it because it was so fucking boring to read.

:cool:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
The above story of course fails to mention that our friend Infinitron immediately started pming people to inform them of the secret agenda, without as much as mentioning in the content forum thread dedicated to this review that he was told to stall it, and that he was also dedicated to stalling it as much as he could. Because all the content forum thread about this review had from him was 'GUYS GUYS MAYBE WE SHUD WAIT FOR CB YOU KNOW JUST SAYIN'.

It also fails to mention how good guy Infinitron started shittalking me in that conversation, calling me an 'unhinged lunatic', that I essentially shouldn't be let to review anything again, and that my review should definitely be postponed indefinitely because a "balanced review" (tm) should come before it because I obviously "don't get" the game. Also, publishing my review was apparently doing me a favour.

It also doesn't quite mention that poor Infinitron was trying very hard to sic Vault Dweller against me, and once that failed because VD had the gall to call my review good (the heretic!), he first wanted to hammer down EU-level bureaucracy about his "contracted review" being needed to be published. He eventually also said that once my review is posted (after VoD rebelled against his constant bullshit), it should not be titled "rpgcodex review" but "Darth Roxor Hates Poe", and that VD should be thrown under the bus with a line ridiculing him for not delivering a review in time (note the lack of throwing Grunker under the bus because he mostly stayed silent about the whole deal).

I was eventually invited to the secret convo by VoD, who has proven himself again to be a bro and a gentleman, and I could see for myself what was going on behind the scenes of behind the scenes. I mostly laughed, but I was also absolutely disgusted.

Oh, and after all this was done, he told me I should deal with it like a professional. Because he can, being the professional gaming journalist that he has so very clearly outed himself as.

xoxoxo
im the contracted review

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom