Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tribute to Tonnochi Road from Deus Ex

Ninjerk

Arcane
I agree. Hong Kong, and especially Tonnochi road, was always my favorite area in DeusEx. It's just a pity that the shady atmosphere and the sense of lurking secrets are largely superficial. After all, there isn't that much to do or discover there.

On another note, I almost stopped reading right here:
‘You are an unfamiliar face on Tonnochi Road.’ What a great line. Even spoken in that painful, bordering-on-racist, fake Chinese accent

What. the. fuck. is. wrong. with. the. world.

I think the biggest secret was the drowned, underground tunnel. I've maxed my breathing just for this little bit. Totally worth it.

As a side note: anyone succesfully looted the police station without getting the fatal case of lead poisoning?
I found Jock's apartment in fewer playthroughs than the tunnel (although the game does breadcrumb you the tunnel in a more obvious way).

Ninjerk

Arcane
This is real freedom, freedom to own property, make a profit, make your life.

Gerrard

Arcane
People who think the accents in DX are offensive apparently never heard Jackie Chan.
Nice of him to put SJW shit in the first sentence so I immediately know it's not worth reading.
You need to read first sentence to know RPS is not worth reading?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
People who think the accents in DX are offensive apparently never heard Jackie Chan.
Nice of him to put SJW shit in the first sentence so I immediately know it's not worth reading.
You need to read first sentence to know RPS is not worth reading?

He's talking about the OP, which is not RPS (and is worth reading despite that sentence IMO)

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
"As a side note: anyone succesfully looted the police station without getting the fatal case of lead poisoning?"

There is no possible legitimate way to rob the police station without alerting the police in or outside of the station. You can still do it non-lethally and/or without being shot though, of course.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
"As a side note: anyone succesfully looted the police station without getting the fatal case of lead poisoning?"

There is no possible legitimate way to rob the police station without alerting the police in or outside of the station. You can still do it non-lethally and/or without being shot though, of course.

Damn shame. I've tried at least 5 times to rob it stealthily and non-lethaly and my JC was built for maximum stealth...:neveraskedforthis:

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I suppose you could leave the police station alone, go follow the plot and get the cloak aug from versalife, and then give it a go. But obviously that wouldn't be very satisfying or accomplished.

You could also just run the corner and prod the police real fast before he gets the chance to send distress events, but the other is still likely to hear you prodding the first guy and check so you'd need another follow up prod attack. Aggressive stealth still counts with respect to your ninja-o-meter?

Last edited:

Catfish

Learned
As a side note: anyone succesfully looted the police station without getting the fatal case of lead poisoning?

Yeah, it's actually pretty easy. Iirc there are only two cops in the station. I think i just rushed and cattle prodded both on my last playthrough, but there are obviously other ways to do it. You should try, some great loot in the sublevel of the station, and several datapads.

Gerrard

Arcane
I suppose you could leave the police station alone, go follow the plot and get the cloak aug from versalife, and then give it a go. But obviously that wouldn't be very satisfying or accomplished.

You could also just run the corner and prod the police real fast before he gets the chance to send distress events, but the other is still likely to hear you prodding the first guy and check so you'd need another follow up prod attack. Aggressive stealth still counts with respect to your ninja-o-meter?
You could level Environmental Training and use the Thermo-optic camo.
:troll:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hong Kong was the coolest part in Deus Ex, but I never understood wtf was this shit about. But then again, it's been a long time since I played, so my memory is a bit hazy.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter

Of course. I usually play stealth-agressively anyway. When they detect me, they die. Painfully.

Hong Kong rocked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom