Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Have you settled on exactly how you want to move people through the gate?
The portal opens. If no clear threat on the other side exists, Finn's people and our mercs under Berty move in to secure the area and establish our presence on the other side. They will watch that no one messes with the portal from the other side, while Maz and perhaps some of the elite warriors will watch our side.

If there is an immediate and significant threat, Maz is expected to deal with it (without wandering too far from a portal, he is our safety net) while the Seekers hold the portal.

Once it is safe to cross, we should sent in a small contingent (~50-100 men) of the more loyal forces, first.

All that cross the Gate should do so without explosives, except for our mercenaries.

Next we will send one of the wagons with explosives and supplies. Only trusted people should pack those. The wagon should be reinforced or the cargo is packed in a way that it would be impossible to blow it up even with a direct mortar shot. Maz will watch that nothing happens with the explosives on our side, and Finn & Co. will control the other side.

Once the wagon arrives, the loyal dwarves on the other side will rearm. The disloyal, if there would be any, will be sent to an 'infirmary' for treatment by someone with an authority to do so.

We will continue to send in dwarves in groups. Upon arrival they will be filtered to either join our forces, or the quarantined group. Finn and the rest of the fairies should ease the tensions, should those arise, with their glamour. There should not be too many unsteady elements to deal with at any point.

THe Greater Lords are an exception, we will deal with them separately if they are found guilty of anything.

The process repeats until everyone crosses.

The Gate should go to the park in the 3rd circle.

Is this plan serviceable, or are further clarifications needed?

Does anyone have anything to add or correct?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Two things I want to add.

We should find out who is loyal and who isn't before we start movng people through the Gate. The one in command of Royal forces on the other side should be aware of that list as well - that is how separating loyalists and subversives should work, in theory.

Also, I noticed that it happens quite often in this CYOA that characters are having misgivings about the plan after we commit to it. If at any point our people or Reinhard or anyone else in the know comes up with a certain concern or a better idea, I want our character to give it a full consideration rather than simply ignore it in favor of forcing the plan on them.

So far Reinhard - who is tactically far more skilled than us - have agreed to it, but there might arise new circumstances.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Just a short post to raise everyone's hopes give an update on the update.

I am not dead and the update is still creeping toward completion. It is about half done and hopefully it will not take another two weeks to finish it.

We should find out who is loyal and who isn't before we start moving people through the Gate. The one in command of Royal forces on the other side should be aware of that list as well - that is how separating loyalists and subversives should work, in theory.

That is a sensible way to go about things, yes.

Also, I noticed that it happens quite often in this CYOA that characters are having misgivings about the plan after we commit to it. If at any point our people or Reinhard or anyone else in the know comes up with a certain concern or a better idea, I want our character to give it a full consideration rather than simply ignore it in favor of forcing the plan on them.

Part of that is down to Derry's character I am afraid. Girl is headstrong, at least it has worked so far... :lol:

Jester

Arbiter
It's alive! Alive!

Nevill come on its cyoa. Altering the plan to add opinions would probably need vote and would be kind of cheating. Let's not add things making it more difficult for Fangshi than now. He have enough problems with this project without thinking what to add to our plans to make it work better. He already is writing, rolling, planing, managing info, reacting to our questions and custom routes. Seriously dude don't make it harder on guy half into campaign. Respect DM!
:whatho:

Nevill

Arcane
Nevill come on its cyoa. Altering the plan to add opinions would probably need vote and would be kind of cheating. Let's not add things making it more difficult for Fangshi than now.
:what:

What? What part of the plan was altered? I am not sure I am following you there.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
It is taking so long because Mazzy rolled a 1 on his gate cast and it connected to warhammer 40k tyrannid homeworld. Lots of rolling that.

Fangshi

Arcane
Worse yet, the army is already infiltrated by genestealers...

GenestealerHorde.jpg

If you want to survive the dwarves will need to advance quickly... very quickly...

latest

images

Just a quick Tuesday update:

The update is about 3/4 done at the moment. I hope to have it out in the next few days if I can steal a bit more free time.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
A weekend where the update should will be posted, I hope.

The body of it is mostly done, I just need to find the time to finish it off and figure out how to structure the options... tempted to just go full freeform at this point but a little guidance might be helpful...

Either way, look for an update within forty eight hours. I will update this post before I post the update.

A quick update on the update:

The update is finished. It just needs options and a few passes/revision.

It will either be up in an hour or when I get back in.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Just a quick post to state that I have not abandoned the CYOA but it also is not likely to be finished tonight.

The update may take a while longer to finish. All it needs are the options but I am still mulling over the best way to present them and the supporting information. It will probably take me a few more hours to get everything typed out.

Unfortunately I can not really guarantee when that will happen. I have a bit of a busy schedule (busier than normal at least).

I will try to either post the update or some sort of accurate estimate of when it will be done within the next ninety six hours but there is precious little I can guarantee at the moment.

Nevill

Arcane
It is thursday. :negative:

Hmmm... maybe we should hijack the LP and write it ourselves.

I have this idea where we hang the whole Dwarven Kingdom for being spies/agents for one power or another... :M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Russia, actually. We have had our own share of ideas. :obviously:

Comrade Albrecht VII is an inspiration to us all. :salute:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
My dear God, now I know why you make all our invasion, attacks and war plans. :smug:
Then you are about to extrapolate what I intend to do with the remaining cultist nobles and bankers in Stoneheim. Starting with Birgir and his wife. :incline:

I guess we'll see how many dwarves you can fit on a tree.

That, of course, would depend on how amiable Reinhard will be to the whole proposition.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom