Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Latest News on Prelude of Darkness

Cleitanious

Novice
Download Latest Version:

For those who are having problems with MegaUpload

PtD 1.8
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mtff2c

I also found 1.7 in my HDD and who knows, it may work better for some people. Here it is:

part 1: http://www.savefile.com/files/678735
part 2: http://www.savefile.com/files/678813

Thanks to "denizsi".

Is there any other important information that is not on the game's Official Website?

Does anyone have a list of places to NOT download it?*

*Because they charge you 25$, or it's just an old demo, etc.

Mr Happy

Scholar
I'm using 1.8, and it does ok, but crashs a whol helluva lot. It's the only version I have tried, so can't compare, but it seems like it crashes a lot in all versions, so yeah.

Fez

Erudite
I'm not sure which version is the most stable. I thought 1.8 was the last attempt at giving the fans a more stable version.

I played it and I'm glad the autosave worked well. 1.8 is far from immune to crashing, sadly. It regularly crashed and bugged for me. Having the autosave set to a minute or two meant this was relatively painless, though there were some situations where I had to rush the party back out of a cave because it would CTD within 30 seconds or so if I left them in there, even after reloads, but then be fine if I managed to get them out. Very strange and frustrating when it took a few attempts to hurry the party out fast enough to beat the CTD. Might have been a bug in the saving system as I know it would occasionally crash when attempting to save, though it seemed to happen in under a minute at times.

I tried playing with the added screen resolution options, but I found it screwed up the interface and caused the pointer to not highlight items and options properly.

The game is still worth playing despite the bugs, but it would have been nice to see it stable.

This game seemed inferior as far as control and immersion goes. It just didn't grab me like a video game is supposed to do. When I wanna escape from reality, I want something with depth and something that gives a bang.

It needs depth and immersion at the same time.

Jora

Arcane
Did you play enough to see The Citadel or The Barrier? Both are very immersive locations and have a huge amount of depth. The open world and the different ways to handle the main storyline add to this feeling for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom