Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Serpent in the Staglands Kickstarter Update #20: Launch Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Serpent in the Staglands; Whalenought Studios

With the release of Serpent in the Staglands only a week away, Joe and Hannah of Whalenought have put together a launch trailer for the game. It's got a Dracula accent! The latest Kickstarter update has that and more:

With the release just a little over a week away, we’re excited to show off our launch trailer! It showcases new areas you haven’t seen before, some new spells, neat puzzles and some of the voice acting from a wonderful VO that will be in the game, so we hope you’ll check it out!

GOG and the Humble Store!

Last week we signed on with GOG to distribute Serpent in the Staglands, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to be a part of their catalog! The game will be for sale there on May 28th as well as on the Humble Store! Getting the game DRM free is something we hold dear to our hearts, and we're excited to have these avenues to distribute the game through!​

Whalenought plan to showcase various fun character build examples over the next few weeks. The update comes with the first of them:

Part of the fun of a classless system is combining skills to create interesting builds for all your party members that work as a unit, and we’ll be showcasing some fun examples over the next few weeks on Twitter to help inspire you to create your own. The first is a favorite for ranged characters, and has some utility options for swapping Pin Shot or any other buffing or battlefield control skill: “The Poison Bombardier,” who's goal would be to proc as much unblockable damage as possible as a strafing archer instead of relying on raw physical damage.

We'll be adding Grade 3 Skills and Spells to the Manual soon so you can check all out and get some ideas rolling.
They're also raffling off one of their fancy physical journals to one of the people who comment on the trailer on YouTube, so go over there and give them some love. Coming up in the next update - the Serpent in the Staglands demo (that's right, a demo) as well as a walkthrough/combat advice video. Whalenought does it all!

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
:incline:
manitou-incline2.jpg

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I like how these people handle their trailers. Avoiding the cheap inane motion images in favor of an original solution is refreshing.

sstacks

Arcane
More and more interested in this game, first caught my eye due to the Darklands look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom