Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Box and printed manual?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.paperdirect.com/Paper+Stock+ ... xd/Content

Each paper stock weight in the United States is based on 500 sheets of paper cut to the specified size. If your copier paper is "20lb bond," then 500 sheets of it, if cut to 17"x22", would weigh 20 pounds. If cut to 25"x38", it would be called "book paper" or "text paper," and it would weigh 50 pounds! See the chart for more details.

Most PaperDirect® designed papers are printed on our high-quality 28lb bond (40% heavier than ordinary office-supply store papers), our heavier 38lb bond, or on 65lb cover stock, which is the heaviest paper that will still feed smoothly through your desktop printer.

Jora

Arcane
VD:

Maybe you should ask people to subscribe to an AoD mailing list. That way you could share the most important news("AoD article at IGN" and "AoD finished - demo up for download!") with people who don't regularly read RPG news.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Do people actually buy and wear t-shirts, hats, etc with a game logo on it? I always hear people asking about it but I've never seen anyone actually wearing it. Maybe because the people that would wear it don't leave their mom's basement unless the UPS guy is backing out of the driveway and they can quickly grab the package and pull it in before the sun turns them to ashes or a neighbor gives them a wedgy or a wet-willy.

That shit is just wierd. I made a couple of my own T-Shirts (or the guy at the mall that can do it did, but I guess I designed them). I made one that says "I Love Sea Horses", and it had a picture of a sea horse. That one cracks me up. I hate the SPencer's Gifts retarded and gay "funny" t-shirts, or any t-shirts like that. T-shirts need to have some semblance of wit to be funny, and it has to be subtle and confusing. "I Love Sea Horses," that just fucking kills me.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Vault Dweller said:
http://www.paperdirect.com/Paper+Stock+Weights/id=53/shop.axd/Content

Each paper stock weight in the United States is based on 500 sheets of paper cut to the specified size. If your copier paper is "20lb bond," then 500 sheets of it, if cut to 17"x22", would weigh 20 pounds. If cut to 25"x38", it would be called "book paper" or "text paper," and it would weigh 50 pounds! See the chart for more details.

Most PaperDirect® designed papers are printed on our high-quality 28lb bond (40% heavier than ordinary office-supply store papers), our heavier 38lb bond, or on 65lb cover stock, which is the heaviest paper that will still feed smoothly through your desktop printer.

Don't you think the extra costs of shipping maps that rediculously heavy might make it a silly idea? 60 pounds is crazy!

The map has to be in depth, that shows popular locations and landmarks; at least be on par with Morrowinds map, which was very well made. I used to use it all the time while I played. I remember putting my finger on the map, sliding it across it and looking for cool places to go or even to help me find areas that I must go to complete a quest. No magic compass in Morrowind, which was one of reasons why I used to play it so much.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Roqua said:
Vault Dweller said:
http://www.paperdirect.com/Paper+Stock+Weights/id=53/shop.axd/Content

Don't you think the extra costs of shipping maps that rediculously heavy might make it a silly idea? 60 pounds is crazy!
Huh? It's not heavy. I'm pretty sure that Morrowind map was printed on a 60lb paper. BG map was printed on 80lb paper, for example. The way I see, 45-50lb - too thin, 80lb - overkill, 60lb - perfect.

The Nameless Prick said:
The map has to be in depth, that shows popular locations and landmarks; at least be on par with Morrowinds map, which was very well made. I used to use it all the time while I played. I remember putting my finger on the map, sliding it across it and looking for cool places to go or even to help me find areas that I must go to complete a quest. No magic compass in Morrowind, which was one of reasons why I used to play it so much.
What do you think of this style?
http://www.romestate.it/content/Civitat ... I-1575.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Man, I wish you would use Latin in the game copiously. Though it wouldn't make sense.

Jora

Arcane
The medieval style isn't a bad idea. Reminds me of those gigantic maps of Italy on the walls of the Gallery of Maps in Vatican.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Vault Dweller said:
Roqua said:
Huh? It's not heavy. I'm pretty sure that Morrowind map was printed on a 60lb paper. BG map was printed on 80lb paper, for example. The way I see, 45-50lb - too thin, 80lb - overkill, 60lb - perfect.

I wasn't being serious. I guess it was a really bad joke.

spacemoose

Erudite
The_Nameless_Prick said:

sometimes I think of what morrowind could have been if they'd hired some writers and had some decent turn based combat, and it makes me sad

MacBone

Scholar
I'm probably going to go the digital route, but a nice map and manual would be verrrry tempting.

Saxon1974

Prophet
If I like the Demo I will definitely buy the box and cd. I am old schooler who loved the days with thick manuals, maps etc...the more packaging the better.

That said, I have only been occasionaly following this game since I can't really tell when it will really be out. I realize its not really known, but is it more likely a year away or more, or more like a couple of months away?

Oh yea I forgot, it will be released thursday right :lol:

Spacemoose said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:

sometimes I think of what morrowind could have been if they'd hired some writers and had some decent turn based combat, and it makes me sad

agreed.

@VD: It's a very well made city map, nice work. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what about wilderness? Will traveling between towns have random encounters like Fallout or will there be landmarks in set places, like ruins and whatnot?

Hazelnut

Erudite
Roqua said:
Vault Dweller said:
Roqua said:

I wasn't being serious. I guess it was a really bad joke.

I got it Roqua, it was pretty poor, but then there's definite value is seeing something sail straight over VD's head for once... :D

Well, VD sailed right over my head so I guess that makes up for it. 12 hour shifts make me tired for some reason.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Dweller said:
Koby said:
I'm planning to get the direct download versions, but, incase I decide I want the full box after I purchased the DL version, can I get the box for the price difference or do I need to buy an additional full copy (for the full price)?
That would make sense, so yeah, sure.

JrK said:
I'm wondering VD, how do you expect to handle payment? I'm from Europe without a way to wire funds over the intarwebs or via creditcard.
No idea. We'll look into it when we get to this point. We've had some interesting offers from European publishers, but I'd rather handle everything myself if I can.

Tales said:
What about paypal? VD, will you accept paypal? That should solve the problem for most europeans.
Definitely.

How about sending the money by mail? That would be a good solution for people without any online payment possibilities. It's quite a popular paying method here in Germany. Once you get the shipment, you give the postman your money and it's sent to the seller of the product. Simple as that.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm not sure where VD is located, but at least in the US nobody does CoD's (Cash on Delivery) anymore.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vault Dweller said:
Toronto, Canada.

So, any chance I could pay by Cash on Delivery?
If not, it's no big problem as I also have other means to pay, but it sure would be the easiest way for many.

Vault Dweller

Developer
No idea. We haven't looked into that yet. If the postal system here supports it, why not. Otherwise, you'd have to mail us a cheque, and we'll mail you the game.

Sodomy

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Toronto, Canada.
Damn, I suppose this means that U.S. post office money orders are out of the question.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom