Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mustawd

I think I had The quest on my iOS wishlist, but stopped using my iPad altogether once I fixed my laptop. Looks interesting, although Undercroft failed to keep my attention, but mostly due to the controls pissing me off.

The Quest is phenomenal, it's turn-based, where you control one character. If you like Wizardry & Elder Scrolls, it kind of resembles a mix between the two; the dialogue is phenomenal, with quests having multiple endings, depending on choices. One of the best games on any system, IMO. And runs smoothly without any hiccups.

The number of expansions to the original game speak for themselves.

Mustawd

Hmmmm. Hope u all aren't advertising plants..they responded with lightning speed. f it. Gonna buy 'em all.

getter77

Augur
I was under the impression that only some of the Quest expansions actually had equivalent PC ports compared to iOS where they devote the outstanding amount of their focus?

Hopefully they can broaden to desktop for Quest 2 down the line as the indie scene has certainly improved compared to when the original Quest was released...

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One of the few iOS games that is legitimately incline without many ifs ands or butts. I bought the prequel from them just to be nice.

Those guys deserve better I swear.

One of the few iOS games that is legitimately incline without many ifs ands or butts. I bought the prequel from them just to be nice.

Those guys deserve better I swear.

Ditto.

Will Quest 2 come to PC or is it just for those damn phone things?

I think that question was already answered on the thread. I think they are focusing on iOS for now, but they say they have considered possible ports, and digital distribution.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, for one, the game isn't out yet. Anywhere.

Reading comprehension check fail.

Kuhrazy

Educated

I meant the original obviously, that's what you get for reading my post too carefully

EDIT: apparently searching for "the quest" rather than "quest" makes a bigger difference than would make sense

Last edited:

I meant the original obviously, that's what you get for reading my post too carefully

EDIT: apparently searching for "the quest" rather than "quest" makes a bigger difference than would make sense

The apps store sucks, as it's easy to misfile or lose games simply by pressing the wrong key. If it helps, I feel the same way about iTunes, which is bloatware.

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
Because some of you asked for new art in a different topic, here are a few things. So yes, TQ2 IS in development.
icon_e_smile.gif
But please understand that I can do nothing now, just waiting for Elendil to finish the game's world editor. He said yesterday that within a month he will be ready with an usable version, so at last I'll be able to build the world. After that, as soon as I can I'll post some screenshots here, I promise!
icon_e_smile.gif

So, on the first two pictures you can see frames from some of the new interior animations (there will be 15 of them): the jewelry, the gambling house, the dark crypt (all stuff related to necromancy, blood magic and demonology) and the witch lair (all stuff related to maleficium and quackery).

q2interiors1.jpg

q2interiors2.jpg

Here are some non-player characters from the game which will walk around mostly in the cities (there are 25 different types, The Quest contained only 5), including a nobleman, peasant woman, sailor, friar, adventurer, merchant, some children, old man etc.

q2npcs1.jpg

q2npcs2.jpg

q2npcs3.jpg

And here are some monsters - yeah, monsters from TQ2! Including the fearsome Lich! The powerful Ram Demon! A Barbarian Woman from the snowy north! And a tricky Ranger from the nearby forest!
icon_e_smile.gif
All of them has own, special abilities - and of course all monsters are finished for the game, waiting for me to put them inside the world.

q2monsters1.jpg

q2monsters2.jpg

q2monsters3.jpg

q2monsters4.jpg

Yep, that's not 3D as usual nowadays, that's 2D art. And yes, they have around 100 animation frames each, including 3-4 different attack variations, and a death, so at last you can see them all die (that can be very satisfying after you beat them!) and you can rob their corpse if you want

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
From what I've read, they always said that it would take a looong time since this will be much bigger than the first one, with a party, etc.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The Quest is kinda shit, super lite-RPG, no party, and no balance. You can't just give a bunch of freedom to the player and then pretend you did a good job and call it a day. The result is you can poison an enemy and then run away and it will die without you being in any danger. Or you use 1000 wands, then recharge the wands with a spell. Infinite spells for every fight. The questing is boring too. So is the exploration and the world. But fighting is a large part of what you do and it is mindless. If they could add party combat into it, it might be worth trying but I doubt they are capable. It seems like a one man operation and he is more interested in releasing endless copy paste expansions instead of improving the game.

It is less crap than most terrible mobile games, but that doesn't mean it is worthwhile.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom