Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Bloodlines unofficially patched to 3.8

Fez

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; VTMB Unofficial Patch

The "<i>I can't believe it's not official!</i>" Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines patch by Wesp5 has been updated with more bug and balance tweaks:
<br>

<br>
<blockquote>*Made NPCs act comforting to more disciplines and added male sounds.
<br>
*Altered duplicate Lu Fang conditions and re-added Nadia sentences.
<br>
*Restored cabbie and E lines and fixed some for Bertram and Strauss.
<br>
*Made Mercurio sell Steyr Aug earlier and sorted Larry's inventory.
<br>
*Added humanity loss for telling Johansen that you won't rescue him.
<br>
*Increased Blood Heal healing rate and improved activation details.
<br>
*<s>Made Galdjum prolong Blood Buff and Heal</s> and Vandal more talkative.
<br>
*Added Dominate for Danielle and prostitute and fixed Milligan bug.
<br>

<br>
*Added and corrected inspection nodes for containers at Ocean House.
<br>
*Fixed Glock running animation and corrected SWAT crosshair errors.
<br>
*Swapped teleporting female Lasombra and fixed a Nines dialogue bug.
<br>
*Modified placeholder names and descriptions of four upgrade books.
<br>
*Lowered difficulty of one critical door to fit with new Blood Buff.
<br>
*Corrected Blood Heal and Buff tutorial popups at high resolutions.
<br>
*Fixed Potence, Ravens, Trance, Wipe and Hysteria issues and sounds.
<br>
*Repaired completing Larry's quest being impossible in basic patch. </blockquote>
<br>

<br>
You can download the new (206MB) patch at <A HREF="http://www.gamershell.com/download_19950.shtml">GamersHell</A> (without registration), <A HREF="http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/7489/Vampire:+The+Masquerade+-+Bloodlines+Unofficial+3.8+Patch">Fileshack</A> or the repository of your choice.
<br>

<br>
Thanks to Wesp5 for letting us know.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hmm... Not a bad news post. Needs more angst though.

Fez

Erudite
I'm saving that up for his dark twin's patches.

Hory

Erudite
Why does the patch have hundreds of mega bytes? What files does it include apart from programming fixes?

Higher Game

Arcane
Troika would have needed an extra 2 years, at least, to fix all the bugs that game had when it was first released. It would have done better if it were cleaner. Even dumbass games like Oblivion get high reviews for having few bugs, while great games get slammed by reviewers due to bugs.

Deleted member 7219

Another month, another patch. I wish Wesp5 would hurry up and make a 'FINAL' one, I mean how many bugs are there left to fix?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'll be returning to my 3.3 savegame shortly. Is it OK to install the 3.8 patch or should I stick to 3.3?

Wesp5

Arcane
Hory said:
Why does the patch have hundreds of mega bytes? What files does it include apart from programming fixes?

The patch is so large because of the corrected map files which have to be included as a whole even if only a little detail was fixed.

Wesp5

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
Another month, another patch. I wish Wesp5 would hurry up and make a 'FINAL' one, I mean how many bugs are there left to fix?

There are still new bugs coming up, I can' t believe it myself. 3.9 is almost ready and with it I experienced stuff I never noticed in the whole 2 years I do the patching! There are so many possible options that you really need to do a lot of crazy things to find all issues.

Wesp5

Arcane
Elwro said:
I'll be returning to my 3.3 savegame shortly. Is it OK to install the 3.8 patch or should I stick to 3.3?

To be absolutely sure you should stick to 3.3, otherwise install 3.8 on top just before you enter a new hub.

sheek

Arbiter
Hey, can I ask you guys for a favor?

My computer died it's final death the other week wiping out 40 Gb of unbacked up data including all my VtM savegames. If one of you is planning on playing through again with the new patch, and are open to any character type: if you could get me a savegame of just when the PC arrives in Hollywood it would save me from having to replay through the whole thing on my future computer... which I'm not looking forward to.

I was playing a male Brujah, apart from that it doesn't matter too much. I had some unusual char development choices but I could just cheat the CPs in to get them back.

I must have spent 30 hours on that... and while it was fun the first time around, I don't think I could go through all the action-based missions again, but I want to finish the game.

Does this patch remove the CD-check, as well? Ever since I got a laptop, I am infinitely more annoyed by copy protection.

sheek

Arbiter
Futile Rhetoric said:
Does this patch remove the CD-check, as well? Ever since I got a laptop, I am infinitely more annoyed by copy protection.
The CD copy protection is extremely easy to remove. I'm not 100% sure because obviously I can't check on my computer but I think you just had to change the exe file.

Wesp5

Arcane
Futile Rhetoric said:

No, but you can find a nocd crack on GameCopyWorld that I use myself all the time.

mathboy

Liturgist
The creator of the mod that forces you to have sex with every creature in the game never bought a copy of the game. Surprising.

mathboy said:
The creator of the mod that forces you to have sex with every creature in the game never bought a copy of the game. Surprising.
Because thinking that copyright measures are bloody retarded and mostly cause grief to the people who bought the game is the same thing as pirating, right?

Helton

Arcane
mathboy said:

Now it just sounds like you're parodying yourself.

Wesp5

Arcane
mathboy said:

Okay, you probably just wrote this to troll, but what has one thing to do with the other? Of course I bought Bloodlines and of course I use a crack. If I'd need to swap disks every time I fix something in Bloodlines in between playing other games I would be rotating non-stop ;).

Also just to not give a wrong impression to new readers. My patch gives you one and only one single chance more than the original to sleep with Jeanette if you have a very high Seduction stat. And of course this issue is removed in the basic version of my patch...

RGE

Liturgist
But if I ask nicely, won't you please include some raw buttsecks courtesy of Smiling Jack during the introduction? For obvious reasons it doesn't have to be gender specific. Or even voluntary... :shock: :oops:

I still haven't had time to replay Bloodlines since before complaining about the ghouling and the warehouse stealth bonus. But I suppose that I'll eventually get back to it. Any good news about the extra Heather dialogue that supposedly appeared in that other patch? :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom