Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment Kickstarter Update #42: New Gameplay Video - "A World Unlike Any Other"

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Exploration may be interesting with swimming and stuff. Combat confirmed to be shit.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My plan was to wait for Torment release before pledging to any other inXile games. (Their 2 games cycle was financed - the company kickstarted, the rest is a matter of quality)
But Fargo is getting me again... All this hype.

Also not sure, if i want no RPGs at all or mediorce RPGs from inXile - it's a tough call.
How dare you suggest Torment will be mediocre!!!
:mob:

Mustawd

-Cool Art? Check

-Well thought out narrative? Check

-TB combat? Check

-No trash mobs? Check

-Isometric? Check

My body is ready.....

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
-Cool Art? Check

-TB combat? Check

-No trash mobs? Check

-Isometric? Check

My body is ready.....
Isometric it is, art does look cool, but how the hell do you deduce the rest? TB-combat is obvious, but it's not obvious it will be really good. Need gameplay video.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
My fears is that the weirdness will be there but not necessarily the Myst like mystery. Also hope the combat offers variation with different encounters having some special background mechanic to spice things up, for example save a character in some turns etc, mix up role playing with the combat itself. Also I know exploration will be limited considering the nature of the game but damn I wish its big enough.

Mustawd

Isometric it is, art does look cool, but how the hell do you deduce the rest? TB-combat is obvious, but it's not obvious it will be really good. Need gameplay video.

I'm not saying it will be really good. But it checks off all the boxes I was looking forward to. I'm especially hyped on how much thought the devs have put into the narrative...aka replaying PST to remember/understand what made it so fun.

Plus, the more TB games coming out the better IMO. I usually am not a big fan of RTwP.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
-Cool Art? Check

-TB combat? Check

-No trash mobs? Check

-Isometric? Check

My body is ready.....
They have already said there will be no trash mobs. This goes with their crisis system.
The narrative will be good because Ziets, McComb, Heine etc
As for combat we'll see. The fact it's TB is already :obviously:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
TB can be okaish (Wasteland 2, Shadowrun) and pretty boring (Halfway). So i'll reserve judgement.
The fact that they pretty much had an established team and development flow with Torment gives me hope it will be much better than Wasteland 2 (bumpy 1st project/team ramp up, etc.).

Mustawd

Oh, judgment is another story. Getting hyped up...that's totally different :D

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There's going to be like 12 encounters in the entire game.

They've also spent a lot of time thinking about the story—I don't know this is the same thing as a well though out story.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Not looking forward staring at tiny characters with wooden animations walking over maps that look like a mess..

Aside from the cool background and sense of wonder, I'm not sure what I am supposed to be impressed of in that trailer

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Not looking forward staring at tiny characters with wooden animations walking over maps that look like a mess..

Aside from the cool background and sense of wonder, I'm not sure what I am supposed to be impressed of in that trailer

You were pretty impressed by PoE, though. Guess them backgrounds are a winner eh?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

You were pretty impressed by PoE, though. Guess them backgrounds are a winner eh?

I am still impressed and have fun with PoE, whats your point?

With backgrounds I mean the lore of this world, not the 2d maps.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
There's going to be like 12 encounters in the entire game.

They've also spent a lot of time thinking about the story—I don't know this is the same thing as a well though out story.
I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. IIRC someone maybe Heine mentioned that there'd be around 12 major crises in the game, not encounters. Dunno if that's changed, Brother None ?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. IIRC someone maybe Heine mentioned that there'd be around 12 major crises in the game, not encounters. Dunno if that's changed, Brother None ?
Yeah, they added the minor crises (I think scuffles?).

But way to ruin my exaggeration for effect VS :rpgcodex:

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Yes, you were very impressed with them 2d maps. Or it must have been the brilliant gameplay?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Yes, you were very impressed with them 2d maps. Or it must have been the brilliant gameplay?

Are you mentally challenged? Yes I enjoy PoEs gameplay.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Good shit, we got a RTwP from Obsidian with tons of super fast combat where it was hard to make shit out, and combat was over in a few rapid clicks one way or another. Now we are getting a turn based rpg in an original world with elements of fantasy and scifi, but hardly any combat. And as an additioanal fuck you both teams will soon put the begging bowl out again for more money.

Has anyone calculated at exactly what age developers start losing it?

Mustawd

Are you mentally challenged? Yes I enjoy PoEs gameplay.

Whatever Surf Solar. You like POE at least, which means that you should like this because they're basically the same thing.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Seven year old sleeper alt account, always be prepared. That might be a record.
Register your alt accounts today, gentlemen! In a couple of years those aged-accounts will be worth their wait in lulz.

Might even have to get into business myself. Farm me a bunch of those accounts, make a couple posts a year so they age well, ready to be used incognito. A hundred brofists a pop.

TomatoJuice

Educated
I really want to see more combat.

I fear that it's essentially the Wasteland 2 combat with melee focus.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Looks, good especially the combat system, but animations are really stiff. I'm really happy, that they've abandoned the retarded character designs from the Numenera tabletop game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom