Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hope it's dead within a year, no one needs even more pay 2 win crap

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

0:56...is that...

latest

Shannow

Waster of Time

"We'll pull the plug before going F2P!" :hahano:

That was the gayest video I've seen in a long while :salute:

Night Goat, while that would fit right in with the rest of the video, I assume it's more a copy of inspired by Grievous' vehicle in Episode 3. (Which in turn may very well have been a copy of some earlier concept.)

Lhynn

Arcane
Got a friend that played the game and quit playing because of how they butchered, dumbed down and removed difficulty all over for the f2p.

Im downloading to see if its decent.
These last few months ive trashed aion, skyforge and gw2. Dont expect this piece of crap to be any different.

Mystary!

Arcane
Wanted to give it another chance now that it's free because boss battles were pretty sweet, but... 1 hour queue just to connect to server, and then game freezes after character creation :negative:

Lhynn

Arcane
My god man, what would possess you to wait that long? just give it a week.

you're lucky. i can't even register because the good password seems to not be accepted, the login page is broken and the ncsoft main site doesn't work.
or maybe I AM lucky.

GrainWetski

Arcane
you're lucky. i can't even register because the good password seems to not be accepted, the login page is broken and the ncsoft main site doesn't work.
or maybe I AM lucky.

Make a password that is LetterNumberLetterNumberLetterNumberLetterNumber. At least that worked for me. Seems like it recognized any number/letter as 2 of the same in a row. Can't even log in and it lags if you actually get in, so just wait a week or two.

Xenich

Cipher
Got a friend that played the game and quit playing because of how they butchered, dumbed down and removed difficulty all over for the f2p.

Im downloading to see if its decent.
These last few months ive trashed aion, skyforge and gw2. Dont expect this piece of crap to be any different.

When I played in beta, all of the world content was pretty much dumbed down, easy mode and only the dungeons were made difficult. If they dumbed down the dungeons, then the game is a waste of time for sure.

Lhynn

Arcane
Was playing it for a bit. Why do mmo starts have to be so mindbogglingly boring? The extreme lag is not helping either.
So far its underwhelming, talk to A then B then C tripe. Why does it keep hammering on and on about that planet secrets, i dont give a fuck, not a single one, its poorly written and simply unnecessary as a premise, unless you are the secret world you shouldnt even try this shit.
Paths look intriguing in the same way grinding specific quests sounds intriguing.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
^ So basically it is just like every other MMO ever made.
I found it extremely uninspired when I tried about a year ago, yes.

It looks pretty well made, so not some typical Asian grindfest trash. But it really didn't have anything in it that kept me going for a while.
Like GW2, Secret World or Defiance (well, not really RPG...) has.

But now that it is F2P, no harm in trying it.

not being able to kill myself, i went for the suffering and gave this a try.
it's not that it's bad, it's just another mmorpg. i see no outstanding feature which could identify this above all the other similar games. it has its stuff, housing, mounts, talents, all the nine yards, but nothing exclusive.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
The art style screams that it's made for girls and kids. Why would they make such a game difficult?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
They were trying to recapture what people loved about Vanilla WoW. I can't say if they succeeded because I never played Vanilla WoW, but I only played Wildstar for a day before I quit. I didn't like the setting, the art style and the questing was dreadfully boring.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The art style screams that it's made for girls and kids. Why would they make such a game difficult?

I don't know why. All i know is that they did. I heard people say it is probably the hardest MMO out there.

They were trying to recapture what people loved about Vanilla WoW. I can't say if they succeeded because I never played Vanilla WoW, but I only played Wildstar for a day before I quit. I didn't like the setting, the art style and the questing was dreadfully boring.

From what i understand, the "real" game only starts at level 35 or so.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The quest design is especially mediocre, have never played an mmo where so little care was put into characters, stories, quests, and generally all the text in-game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The quest design is especially mediocre, have never played an mmo where so little care was put into characters, stories, quests, and generally all the text in-game.

Heh, from what i understand they even took some quests out in the f2p client. They might as well just call this end-game, the MMO. Considering end-game is all people seem to care for, i'm not even sure why they even bother with character progression at all. I have a friend who played WoW religiously for years and now jumped onto Wildstar with the f2p client, and he's already rushing through the content as fast as he can so he can go straight to the dungeons and raids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom