Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

TripJack

Hedonist
it wont be fallout in any way but the name and yes they can

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I played them nearly back-to-back. And, yeah, I recognize NV is the better game ... but I had a lot more fun with 3. Also, the Legion kind of kills NV, in my opinion.
Same. In Fallout 3 I felt more isolated and being in a wasteland.

TripJack

Hedonist
you felt more isolated and in a wasteland because the world of fallout 3 is populated solely by subhuman morons and everything they do and say makes no sense

pippin

I played them nearly back-to-back. And, yeah, I recognize NV is the better game ... but I had a lot more fun with 3. Also, the Legion kind of kills NV, in my opinion.

Profligates gonna profligate.
The Legion was one of the less crazy faction from Van Buren, actually. It's not like contemporary crime groups/guerrilla factions/other people from our own reality have used historical larping as a way of life.

circ

Arcane
I don't think any of them have conquered half the southern United States wearing football equipment and wielding machetes whilst chanting Ave, Ave, Ave. Fuck such retard, much stupid.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

The Legion was one of the less crazy faction from Van Buren, actually. It's not like contemporary crime groups/guerrilla factions/other people from our own reality have used historical larping as a way of life.

The common soldiers and commanders don't know that they're larping.

Lios

Cipher
are you seriously trying to use the Legion as an excuse in order to excuse FO3's theater of mentally challenged?
you can blame NV for various things but not in the context of "FO3 vs NV", no sir.

also fuck FO3's "isolation" and "wasteland" atmosphere.
I nevr played it till recently, 10 hours into the game and I knew I would have more fun staring at a bucket full of apples.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
^ ^ this. Gotta remember Legion is mostly uneducated tribe gangs forced into service by a guy who is very well educated.... I mean in Fallout 2 your tribe believed in mystical spirits the chosen one, one of the companions had a bone piercing on his nose. In Honest Hearts you meet some of the locals who might have become part of the legion, they weren't very clever. NV's Legion isn't really stretching that version of the world all that far.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I nevr played it till recently, 10 hours into the game and I knew I would have more fun staring at a bucket full of apples.

10 hours of exposure is pretty serious. I'm afraid, you'll never be the same, son. You'll never be the same, son. Son. Son.

Son.

Son.

Jed

Cipher

To me it just smacked of lame amusement park design. Fallout 2 had Gangsterland, NV has Rometown.

To me it just smacked of lame amusement park design. Fallout 2 had Gangsterland, NV has Rometown.

Yeah I'd take Moira over that shit any day...

Seriously what the fuck is going on in GRPG? People are simultaneously and earnestly discussing the merits of FO3 and Oblivion in multiple threads.

This is not the codex I fell in love with.

Jed

Cipher

Yeah I'd take Moira over that shit any day...

Seriously what the fuck is going on in GRPG? People are simultaneously and earnestly discussing the merits of FO3 and Oblivion in multiple threads.

This is not the codex I fell in love with.
I hear you, man. You should've seen how much we hated Morrowind back in '02. Now it's considered a minor classic by the Codex.

Modron

Arcane
I hear you, man. You should've seen how much we hated Morrowind back in '02. Now it's considered a minor classic by the Codex.

Wasn't there a pretty considerable immigration of ESFtards pre and post oblivion release? Always wary of people with an 06 join date.

Jed

Cipher
Wasn't there a pretty considerable immigration of ESFtards pre and post oblivion release? Always wary of people with an 06 join date.
Maybe so. I wasn't really gaming much around that time, so I wasn't paying attention to 'Codex then.

NCR & Legion are also not the only factions you can side with in New Vegas. :M

Mr. House aligned Neanderthal Master-Race :obviously:

I personally preferred:

Letting House live as a vegetable, becoming idolized by the NCR, secretly destabilizing NCR morale by siding with Chief Hanlon and ensuring the assassination of Kimball, and then betraying the NCR only at the last second and having Yes Man chuck General Oliver off the Hoover Dam when he refuses to capitulate, all for the greater good of the Mojave. It's some pretty dark shit for a "good guy" ending.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
The best ending for me involved getting the Meat of Champions perk. Nothing like being a cannibal and eating Mr House's hundreds of years old body, Caesar for his delicious megalomaniac powers, The King and President Kimball. Allying with Yes Man, taking over Vegas. In my mind I imagine that cannibal hotel becoming the biggest attraction of the Wasteland for generations, an almost Aztec like altar of sacrifice, where people willingly gave themselves up as produce for money sent to their family.

:incline:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Ron Perlman will be in Fallout 4 ! Here's what he said about fallout 4 on comic con

I wish i could give you news on that, but i can't and i won't

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom