Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Azrile

Literate
So let us get this straight. In this year, Proctor has

1. Announced in January on his Facebook page that Rise of Heroes, a MMORPG is in development again. He even has a video of himself running around a completely empty world ( 15 mins in Unity). He is searching for funding for that game

2. He quit GreedMonger, then started a company MMOI... which just so happens, he also started last year with Jason Appleton on the board of directors... but this time when he started the company, it now has Joel Lumpy as the CEO.

3. The new company, MMOI, which does not exist in any legal form in any state, signed a legal contract with Jason Appleton to take over development of GreedMonger in exchange for thousands of dollars worth of Unity assets and Software. They announce they have a probable funder for the game, but if not, Joel Lumpy can self-fund the game if necessary.

4. They announce they are no longer going to be developing GreedMonger. T-shirts cannot be mailed out yet because Joel Lumpy does not have enough money to buy plastic bags. MMOI (the non-existent company) announces they are going to be developing a zombie survival game

5. They announce they are going to be developing GreedMonger afterall.

Meanwhile, nothing at all has been developed for GreedMonger by this guy for 3 years except installing Atavism and UMA. As proof of his uber programming skills, he releases a link to a broken Space Invaders game that looks very much like a tutorial project for middle school programmers.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Seeing as how "moi" is the French word for "me", MMOI is a strangely appropriate name for Greed Monger's development team.

Last edited:

Intrigued007

Educated
Luckily, a mysterious member of the MMOI team actually has programming experience! Stranger still, this single person, who is not James Proctor, will be developing the mobile app for MMOI to receive funding through.

And no trust me we are still very much doing at least 1 Mobile Game. 1 of our Programmers has a strong point in Mobile Game Development and we intend on utilizing the strengths of every team member we have.

Why in the hell would this person code something for James Proctor to use as funding, when all he has done for the past three years is spend someone else's money on assets he can't even use, for a game that doesn't even exist. Still, it sounds much like James Proctor's "Lead" skills are awesome.

"You can program? Awesome. Go program a game so I can spend the money you make from that game to pay you to make this other game."

So much bullshit. Seriously.

Azrile

Literate
Yes, the imaginary teams.

Before GM, Proctor said he worked on projects and had various teams. But unfortunately the members of his teams were all stolen away by other big development houses that could pay better. Apparentely Proctor´s space invader game was not bringing in enough income to compete. He had all these talented teams.. yet he never produced anything.

The problem with Proctor´s lying is that he forgets half the stuff he has already said ( even if it was 5 minutes ago).

When he wants to brag.. he talks about his huge team and his leadership abilities
When he fails to do something and wants pity, he is the only person working on the project.

And he will go back and forth between those two statments depending on who he is talking to at the moment.

So this company that doesn´t have enough money to buy plastic bags, and wasn´t able to stay awake long enough to do a stress test.. magically has a big enough development team to work on multiple games at the same time.

Proctor, please, get some professional help. We all saw space invaders and the GM video, you don´t have a team and you certainly aren´t going to be releasing any games... and not to dash your dreams.. but no investor is going to believe you... well maybe Joel Lumpy, the big time investor who can´t buy plastic bags.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I wasn't aware this outside funding was even an issue or a must have for them to complete the game as I was under the impression they had a full volunteer team to finish everything
I can't believe nobody commented on this bit.

What an ingenious business model:
1. raise funding
2. spend all the money
3. find a full volunteer team to finish everything
4. ???
5. Profit! see step 2

Intrigued007

Educated
I can't believe nobody commented on this bit.

What an ingenious business model:
1. raise funding
2. spend all the money
3. find a full volunteer team to finish everything
4. ???
5. Profit! see step 2

Unfortunately for Jason Appleton, he never learned not to believe a word James Proctor says. Even after three years, Jason buys into every bullshit lie James tells him.

Full volunteer team. lol

Two days ago, Proctor was swearing up and down he was the only person on the team.

Now, suddenly, it's a team of twelve people.

What Azrile said couldn't be more true. We've heard Proctor go back and forth multiple times on what the specifics of the "team" are:

When he wants to brag.. he talks about his huge team and his leadership abilities
When he fails to do something and wants pity, he is the only person working on the project.

EJoe

Educated
I have tried to find samples of James work. I have not found anything meaningful that would show proficiency to his skill.

The post from Harper / Hector that started it all:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/69845-greed-monger/page-7

I should mention I joined the greed mongers development team for a day. I signed no NDA (Due to jasons extreme unprofessionalism) and I believe I have every right to say what I have learned.

I have unbiased information that I can post, but have we figured out the legal ramifications of this ...

I would really like to post this and give true insight on how the developers are doing (Probably the saddest band of fools Ive ever seen, THere was a point where I was copying and pasting code that would save them about 70% bandwidth and they would not take it. They would not take my input on the floating point precision problem aswell, theres an easy way to create it so it will be around 200,000 times the current 100,000 meter to -100,000 in size. (which is a 200kilometer numberline)

I will not post any direct chat from skype, just the exact story that conspired. It was quite sad and showed that a couple of modders decided to pretend there veteran C# users and just decided to magically try and make a mmo, with absolutely no real knowledge of in game networking and object position management.

I can tell you this game is probably the only game right now that could rival mortal onlines failing record. What jason needs to do is hire developers that know what the ###### they are doing, Just because you lied on the kickstarter and said they had 9 years experience does not mean you can lie to yourself. Also its quite obvious the developers have absolutely NO experience in MMOs but of course jason has no idea why becuase he doesnt know ###### about the project hes building. If you have ###### developers you have a ###### game.

I think you know whom Harper / Hector refers to. Now it is 3 years later and no game...

James, if I were you, I would stop depending on welfare handouts and start looking for a real world job. Go work for other people and start to build-up your portfolio.

Gameloft is hiring:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/senior-technical-artist-for-auckland-new-zealand.327239/

Azrile

Literate
If I walk into a room with the 50 best chess players in the world and was able to interview them, I would have no way of knowing who was the best. My skill level is so far below them that they would all sound like geniuses. But that 50th best chess player could probably figure out which of them was the best. I think that was the problem Jason had, because he knew so little ( nothing) about game development, it was easy for Proctor to con him into that initial $4k payout and the free computer. It was actually funny reading the chat log because I knew Jason was a scammer... but then to watch him get scammed repeatedly was ironic.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
If I walk into a room with the 50 best chess players in the world and was able to interview them, I would have no way of knowing who was the best. My skill level is so far below them that they would all sound like geniuses. But that 50th best chess player could probably figure out which of them was the best. I think that was the problem Jason had, because he knew so little ( nothing) about game development, it was easy for Proctor to con him into that initial $4k payout and the free computer. It was actually funny reading the chat log because I knew Jason was a scammer... but then to watch him get scammed repeatedly was ironic.
Yeah the chat log was interesting . Made Jason come out looking better than what I would have thought.

I dont necessarily disagree with what you're saying but as the person in charge of a project it would seem you would at least look at the rankings and history of the chess players before building a team and using them as an adviser. Then, after all that transpired in those logs jason promoted james to lead dev at a later point.

This is one of the main sticking points with me. Jason Appleton isnt stupid- Quite the opposite. Based on things he said about surrounding himself with proficient people to advise him- It makes no logical sense what the fuck happened here. I wouldnt make the mistake of trying to develop an mmorpg since im ignorant of the process , costs associated, overhead and what the fuck I am even doing- But im smart enough to see that based on that chat log things werent going well to put it nicely and jason is far smarter than me in this regard and he couldnt see it? No fucking way.

I dont care anyhow- I dont like jason (if you cant tell) not because of any of this because this has been funny as shit and entertaining and interesting and informative all at the same time. I dont like jason because he threatened to fuck with the employment of someone I like who did care about all this shit and was trying to do what he felt was the right thing. If I werent personally involved I would enjoying this immensely because the sheer absurdity alone is fucking mind blowing. These guys got over $100,000 and then we see behind the scenes- I got to see alot. And I bet this shit is far more common than we know.

Everyone here is fucking stupid- Including the backers. Fact is, the backers are probably the most stupid in this case. And they sat back like sycophants for 2 years acting like good little betas who were evidently fine with throwing up to $3500 at something and not hardly complaining .

And the press is worthless as fuck.

Everyone involved pretty much is either scamming or fucking incompetent or a combination of both. I know what my feelings are but at this point who really knows.

I'm saying right now- The money isnt accounted for. At all. I'm not going to leak anything (you can rest easy jason) but if anyone gives a shit start pressuring those who will be forced to give up the info. I'm an asshole but I'm not taking it there. I'm not worried about jason suing because first off he doesnt have nearly as much money as he pretends and credit floats him between get rich quick schemes. Also, everything would be subpoenaed and I know enough right now to know this would get ugly and then you guys would get an insiders view into more than this game . Plus i would win. hes still welcome to try. =)

Jason- Fuck you. I hope you were sweating and I know you were. You probably got away but karma is a motherfucker and you never know whos friends with who and what cause someone is willing to take up. Plus I know its been hell . This hell could have been avoided.

Is the saga of GM over? I dont know. I'm throwing in another $100 towards any legal action anyone attempts under the same terms as Mightyking or whoever. However I doubt anyones going to do anything. At least I know for 100% I made him rage the fuck out. Thats funny but I didnt get to see it.

This wasnt the outcome I wanted but the outcome was pretty well set in stone when james and joel got control of GM. I wish jason would have taken my offer to pay for a third party review but I knew he wouldnt because we both know how that would have went. I wish jason had never been able to dump GM to begin with. He did . Jason still had a bad time but I would gladly go through what he went through for that kind of money so overall he came out to the good,I think. Fucker.

Last edited:

Azrile

Literate
Yeah, I also think there was something fishy going on with Jason the first few months after the KS ended. He isn´t a dumb guy ( unlike James and Joel who I think are borderline mentally challenged). Thinks that were strange to me.

Hiring a lead developer who did not have a computer capable of running Unity well. If you are a át home´ developer, than how bad must your previous titles have been if you can´t even afford to keep a modern computer. I guess we found that out when we saw the space invaders game. Even without any tech knowledge, Jason should have had serious doubts about having to buy a computer for his lead dev to run Unity, which James said he had experience with.

Hiring a lead dev who begs you for a cash advance so he can pay for heating oil.

Hiring a lead dev who is collecting diability, doesn´t have a state issued ID, doesn´t have a bank account and uses his mom´s paypal.

Hiring an art designer who begs you for a cash advance because his internet is about to be shut off.

Don´t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with going into a new job, especially something as flighty as this and demand an upfront payment. But these guys were begging for it to pay basic bills. I do contract work all the time for Indy games, and I usually request 25 or 50% upfront depending on my relationship and knowledge of the person hiring me... but it is so unprofessional, beyond unprofessional, it is pathetic to beg for the money to pay for unrelated bills.

As far as the overall 100k, I still think you guys are discounting how much he probably paid the original devs who got him through the KS phase. He did have a fairly large number of people working for him for a few months.. James and Joel both said they recently saw the stuff, and that it appeared Jason spent the full 100k.

EDIT - I also really have a problem with James and Joel because they do so much damn lying about everything. A month ago they invaded MMO-Champ and talked about how much they were trying to make things right for the backers.. how much sacrifice they were making. Yet here we are... they haven´t done anything with the t-shirts, and the only thing James did was work on yet another new game despite both of them promising how devoted they were to getting GM up and running ´for the backers´..

I say it again, they did all this so the James could steal the Unity assets and software.. they never intended to mail out the t-shirts or do any work in Greedmonger. Joel Lumpy even said in the google chat that he was surprised the t-shirts even existed.. which means when he was making the promises to mail them out, he was hoping and thinking he would never have to do it.

Last edited:

EJoe

Educated
Jason or James was low-balling and insulting many of the Unity developers and artists.

Jason didn't want to pay for high-end concept artists, 3d modellers and developers. Of those he initially hired, James would always get into a fight with the artists and developers. It came so much that, James got bad reputation that caused the initial outburst and complaints in 2012.

It was:

- concept artist is doing shitty work, screw him... concept artist takes to long, cancel the artwork... concept artist is asking for 50% for 50% work done and I'm not going to pay for incomplete jobs ... when overall, the sum total work is zero. no concept art for anything.

- 3d modeller person don't know what he's doing... fuck him... and get him out of the team. senior modeller asked to work for lower rates ... modeller need to model dozens of trees and terrain for less than US$5 an hour. That's how shockingly low-ball it went.

- UI artist is too expensive, get a cheaper one... get those really cheap and low-quality UI artists - so cheap Jason needs to buy Adobe Creative Suite for them. LOL

- developer dude couldn't work with James, or James couldn't work with the developer. It was usually - how each developer was a moron and (quote) not capable of doing anything in the way how James wanted it to be.

I'm not sure who decided what, since, when Jason got James, James pushed everyone away -

Well, I've been duped, quite heavily and now realize I've been used quite a bit. I was never able to keep developers on the team because James would push them all away and blow me up with how each one was a moron or not capable of doing anything and to let him handle it. He didn't want help. He wanted everything done his way or he would lose his shit (again I have all of the messages to show this). I played along because there came a point where I simply couldn't afford to keep wasting money on his experiments or "R&D" as he always put it and he was the only one willing to work on profit share after his initial pay, new computer etc supplied to him. He never made a single deadline he swore to uphold and I could never get development breakdowns on progress made or whats to be finished. He was impossible to deal with but I had no choice. He always had his own agenda.

James has no knowledge how to run a project of this scale... there is no level design, no story line, no pre-production and totally no concept art made after James took over as lead developer.

James tells me, (a few posts ago) that he knows how to manage a production this size, and that he has artists, developers under him, ... and ... they are all volunteers. What's the point of having so many QA people who are sitting there doing nothing waiting for non-existent builds?

Currently, James has everything going for him... He has fake investors funding a fake game. There are (volunteer) fake artists and fake developers to make a fake game. Sounds about right.

Ninjerk

Arcane
1369665513232.png

EJoe

Educated
I did manage to find samples of James work:

Platform assembly: C:\Users\ElectricCrowGaming\Desktop\UniStream\Viewer\Viewer_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Users\ElectricCrowGaming\Desktop\UniStream\Viewer\Viewer_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Users\ElectricCrowGaming\Desktop\UniStream\Viewer\Viewer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Users\ElectricCrowGaming\Desktop\UniStream\Viewer\Viewer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Users\ElectricCrowGaming\Desktop\UniStream\Viewer\Viewer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Users\ElectricCrowGaming\Desktop\UniStream\Viewer\Viewer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: C:\Users\ElectricCrowGaming\Desktop\UniStream\Viewer\Viewer_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading C:\Users\ElectricCrowGaming\Desktop\UniStream\Viewer\Viewer_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

MMO Framework:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/community-lobby-based-online-survival-game.275765/

Unistream:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/asset-store-asset-streaming-plugin.247647/

For the MMO framework, less than 1,000 lines is his own work (Rest is Lidgren, MonoSQlite, MonoWeb, Microsoft scripting integration, IronPython example code and MySQL example code)

(Rest of things - Plugins, IronPython integration as stated on forums is vapourware.)

For the Unistream less than 500 lines is his own work.

Total sum = 1,500 lines.

The total number of lines, of the MMO Framework and Unistream is less than 1-5% of all of the estimated source code-base of Atavism, UniStorm and almost any useful library on the Unity Asset Store.

I believe it is still fresh and current, as MMO Framework is dated 2014 Oct.

Download it while you still can...

Last edited:

Azrile

Literate
Yeah.. it is pretty funny that in the chat log that Proctor posted, he even bragged about paying $100 for a subscription to something that gave him a framework that he could turn around and claim as his own.

It is the same as there was really nothing done at all in Greedmonger for 3 years except installing Atavism and UMA.

The other funny thing was Proctor convincing Jason that they needed to switch to Hero Engine, which meant all the assets they bought for Unity had to be converted over and imported ( a very easy, but long and boring process). Proctor has a serious case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... constantly switching stuff because he thinks the new thing will make things easier.. with not a single clue about the financial aspects involved.. well, how could he.. the guy didnt´even have a bank account.

EJoe

Educated
You mean that Zerano MMO Multiplayer kit, Ratspell MMO toolkit?

He buys it and later not able to use it. Then buy another, not able to use it.

Then he gets uLink and not able to use it. Then he gets Hero, and not able to use it, so switch back to Unity.

Then later he gets Atavism and not able to use it.

Then later he switches back to uLink (from what I understand...) and not able to use it.

Then later he claims to have a MMO framework, consisting of less than 1,500 lines of publicly available code, which is a fraction of Zerano SmartFox Multiplayer kit (15,000 lines), uLink (estimated ~ 30,000 lines based on Unity PNet), Atavism (estimated 60,000 lines).

He claims to do integration for Unistorm (15,800 lines) and his claim to fame is 50 lines of code.

EJoe

Educated
I found this today:
http://www.destructoid.com/developers-offer-their-games-to-greed-monger-backers-293057.phtml

we reported on the colossal failure that was Greed Monger. Cancelled after three years of development and $100,000 raised via crowdfunding, those who pledged to the game would no longer be receiving the MMO after a long, drawn out and drama-ridden development process. This was naturally a bummer for those involved.

Fortunately, the developers of The Legend of Kilgore and Utherous have stood up and offered anyone who pledged to the game one of 100 copies of their games as consolation.

Those who wish to claim their copies of the games can do so by posting their Greed monger forum username and profile link on Kilgore’s forums and on Utherous' forums, while also posting in the Greed Monger thread announcing the cancellation of the game. A slightly convoluted system, but as the Legend of Kilgore andUtherous developers have no official connection to Greed Monger, this is the only way it could be done.

The games are incredibly similar to what Greed Monger aimed to be – an MMO based on crafting – and according to Kilgore developer Alan Spurlock,that is no coincidence.

The Legend of Kilgore and Greed Monger both utilise a pre-made Unity platform by the name of Atavism. Itlays the foundations for developers to make MMOs in Unity,with features such as account management, trading, and chat channels included in the platform. In Spurlock’s own words:

“Greed Monger Uses a framework called Atavism Online. It's made for Unity. It's a "near" full-fledged MMORPG framework. And believe me... it does it all. But don't expect much to come from it. You still have to be able to program, design, and most of all, know how to use unity lol.”

Considering the foundations for an MMO are already in place due to Atavism, Greed Monger’s failure despite raising $100,000 and using Atavism has caused some controversy amongst fellow developers. Spurlock explains:

[Greed Monger] has never needed money. Neither do I. No one that usesAtavism does. The core of the programming is already being done.”

Further controversy behind the game can be found on the Atavism forums’ thread forGreed Monger, beginning at the bottom of page seven and continuing through to the end.

According the developers of the game, none of the $90,000 raised through Kickstarter changed hands when the development of the game moved from the creator of the campaign to the new team that eventually canned the project:

“Jason did NOT sell GM to us. He gave it to us. No money exchanged hands in this deal.

As for the KS Money we are backtracking through all the money spent over the last 3 years. So far based on Server costs, what team members were paid, the amount spent on assets, License, ect. We have been able to account for $21.5k out of the $100,000+

If the backers were to file a lawsuit it would be against Jason not us. We made sure there was a section in the documents we signed that made it so that Jason was responsible for everything in the past including the KS Funding... We are responsible for whatever happens in the future from the time GM was signed over to us.”

Something happened with Greed Monger. The game raised $100,000 and used a premade Unity asset base, was then handed off to an unfunded team and wound up cancelled. Thankfully, at least some developers are trying to make this entire shitty situation right by offering their own games, despite not being related to the development of Greed Monger.

What a clusterfuck of a situation.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I found this today:
http://www.destructoid.com/developers-offer-their-games-to-greed-monger-backers-293057.phtml

we reported on the colossal failure that was Greed Monger. Cancelled after three years of development and $100,000 raised via crowdfunding, those who pledged to the game would no longer be receiving the MMO after a long, drawn out and drama-ridden development process. This was naturally a bummer for those involved.

Fortunately, the developers of The Legend of Kilgore and Utherous have stood up and offered anyone who pledged to the game one of 100 copies of their games as consolation.

Those who wish to claim their copies of the games can do so by posting their Greed monger forum username and profile link on Kilgore’s forums and on Utherous' forums, while also posting in the Greed Monger thread announcing the cancellation of the game. A slightly convoluted system, but as the Legend of Kilgore andUtherous developers have no official connection to Greed Monger, this is the only way it could be done.

The games are incredibly similar to what Greed Monger aimed to be – an MMO based on crafting – and according to Kilgore developer Alan Spurlock,that is no coincidence.

The Legend of Kilgore and Greed Monger both utilise a pre-made Unity platform by the name of Atavism. Itlays the foundations for developers to make MMOs in Unity,with features such as account management, trading, and chat channels included in the platform. In Spurlock’s own words:

“Greed Monger Uses a framework called Atavism Online. It's made for Unity. It's a "near" full-fledged MMORPG framework. And believe me... it does it all. But don't expect much to come from it. You still have to be able to program, design, and most of all, know how to use unity lol.”

Considering the foundations for an MMO are already in place due to Atavism, Greed Monger’s failure despite raising $100,000 and using Atavism has caused some controversy amongst fellow developers. Spurlock explains:

[Greed Monger] has never needed money. Neither do I. No one that usesAtavism does. The core of the programming is already being done.”

Further controversy behind the game can be found on the Atavism forums’ thread forGreed Monger, beginning at the bottom of page seven and continuing through to the end.

According the developers of the game, none of the $90,000 raised through Kickstarter changed hands when the development of the game moved from the creator of the campaign to the new team that eventually canned the project:

“Jason did NOT sell GM to us. He gave it to us. No money exchanged hands in this deal.

As for the KS Money we are backtracking through all the money spent over the last 3 years. So far based on Server costs, what team members were paid, the amount spent on assets, License, ect. We have been able to account for $21.5k out of the $100,000+

If the backers were to file a lawsuit it would be against Jason not us. We made sure there was a section in the documents we signed that made it so that Jason was responsible for everything in the past including the KS Funding... We are responsible for whatever happens in the future from the time GM was signed over to us.”

Something happened with Greed Monger. The game raised $100,000 and used a premade Unity asset base, was then handed off to an unfunded team and wound up cancelled. Thankfully, at least some developers are trying to make this entire shitty situation right by offering their own games, despite not being related to the development of Greed Monger.

What a clusterfuck of a situation.
A writer after this Penguins own heart.
:love:
-Added to my daily news rotation. Thanks for finding this EJoe!!!!!!

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
-K, this was posted by AlanGreyjoy, evidently someone involved with Legend Of Kilgore.
This shit gives me hope. This is straight up oozing with integrity.
I couldnt access their shop for some reason but they made a sale with me - Ill check back in a few days. THIS is the type of company we need to rally around and support IMHO.

This outpouring of support to backers from other indie devs is seriously heartwarming. Ive never seen anything like this. Good people. Damn good people. I hope that for every dollar you metaphorically spend giving your product away to backers not associated with your game- That you get $3 real dollars back from the good PR you deserve.

/salute

http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/showthread.php?2084-The-Legend-of-Kilgore-support-for-backers!

Ok, So I started a section on the forums in the LoK site. I'll add your two names to it. I see you backed 300 fucking dollars a piece too...

So, let me work out a deal with a buddy of mine. He has a bit more skill in making weapons. I think... I am going to do custom named weapons for backers that backed so much damn money to something for nothing
frown.png
It wont be to expensive. But it will be free to you
smile.png

And for 300 bucks, that could pay for at least a couple of full armor sets from an experienced modeler like GameDevZombie (she's one hot chick that can model her ass off lol)

ALSO!!

It would be very wise to go ahead and claim your username on the site, so that no one else takes it lol. You never know
wink.png

http://www.thelegendofkilgore.com/#

NOW is the time for the media to start asking questions and doing some investigating. Do your job whores. Part of this is your fault. You helped this disaster and helped your readers and followers get milked.

Find out where the fucking money went. Im not leaking any financial statements or chat logs because I'm not going there for many reasons including outing third parties and possible legal ramifications of posting copies of 4 PAYPAL SCREENSHOTS but there is a dance going on right now and its time for you fuckers to cut in and do your job. This one will be easy to break wide open.

Time for pressure.

Backers- Quit being bitches. That goes for you too. Maybe if there would have been outcry and pitchforks and torches a long time ago from YOU then money would not have trickled in for 2 years on the website. Less of your fellow gamers would have gotten suckered if you had not sat idly by like good little boys and girls hoping you ended up with SOMETHING.

Put the pressure on now if you want answers.

Intrigued007

Educated
NOW is the time for the media to start asking questions and doing some investigating. Do your job whores. Part of this is your fault. You helped this disaster and helped your readers and followers get milked.

DarKPenguiN, as much as I agree with you, there's about as much journalism talent in mainstream MMO "news" sites as there was programmer talent in Greed Monger. Even the new "Massively OP" is just a copy-paste site of news articles from various MMO homepages. There's no sort of journalism going on, at all. None of them even dared to post about the Greed Monger scam; instead, they opt'd for the "news" portion of it just being cancelled. They were interested in showing people how to donate to the game, but aren't interested in showing people where that money actually went or why things didn't actually work out for the backers.

Gaming "journalism" at its finest.

Unfortunately, people like you are the only ones who're actually doing the actual journalism. (I don't mean that as a dig, at all.)

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Yeah-Its a damn shame.

Unfortunately my hands are tied right now. Ive made promises to people in order to get what ive able to get and unless jason threatens a lawsuit (I would be forced to release what I have as proof and then would be able to make even more things public) I am stuck. And he knows better. He knows...

Ive tried to leave enough "read between the lines" shit here and still nobody has bothered to try and interview any of the people responsible for this mess and get them to commit in black and white to some real questions. Nobody in the press has even done a tiny bit of arm twisting.

Nah, jason and co. will get away with this and everything will be left in the realm of speculation. The dumb ass backers will continue to be sycophants and apologists and this thing will be forgotten in a week or two.

Oh well- This is why we cant have nice things.

Intrigued007

Educated
I'm sure you're correct, DarKPenguiN.

I have a feeling most of the funds for Greed Monger were used for things other than Greed Monger itself ... Billy Bolts, included.

However, I'm sure none of the main stream media sites even have the balls to ask the non-PC questions to Jason and James.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Yeah- Alot of time and enegry down the drain and the gaming press which was needed here couldnt do the basic work of a local newspaper reporter in fucking hicksville USA.

Just regurgitate info-No legwork- No calls to courthouses- No requests for sources- No connecting dots. They didnt do jack shit.

A small time local reporter could investigate a $500 scam better than the worldwide gaming media looks into a 6 figure swindle.

On to pimp the next hype.

Oh well, Im glad this shit is over . I dont like hating people (Or LLC's F&AM) and im seriously a pretty mellow person and this whole thing just pisses me off to no end. I'm done with this shit other than following it until it totally dies away. I wanna go back to trolling my friendly favorite dev Cleveland MarK Blakemore and doing fun stuff like battling Video Game Attorneys and making White House petitions against fake grimoire. I dont like this hateful shit, I like the lighthearted fun trolling -Im crude but thats how I am, im not hateful and hating people and LLCs drains me.

The one thing I got out of this was meeting james whos a cool and unique person. I stand by thinking he isnt a scammer at all but thats not my fight and never was anyhow'

I'm a disappointed Penguin. There were really no repercussions for anyone here.

Oh well, onto fuck with Cleve.

I'm sure this is pretty much over at this point and i have nothing else to add.

EDIT- Why didnt that tag Cleve?

EDIT 2- jason you should have came and had a rap battle at least so I could get this shit in retardoland.

"I started this shit and didnt even get the T-Shirt..Neither did anyone else =P" -DarKPenguiN

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom