Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Announced (for real this time)

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
I'll focus on the positives.

The colors are much better. Looks like a world I could have more fun exploring than the monotone FO3.

The vault suit looks more like the spandex suit from FO1/2 again. But I guess they censored his ass crack.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks okay but who cares about that? Poor writing ruins everything except for fighting games and SHMUPS.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I expect a game that has decent world design, poor combat and even worse writing and quest design. What I hope for is that Bethesda wont implement monetization of mods, in which case we can forget about mods fixing it and turning FO4 in a decent hiking simulator.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
As far as trailers go, it's rather underwhelming. Doesn't hype you the way Skyrim's one did and has little to no gameplay footage to boot. 4/10

Maaan when I first saw the Skyrim trailer, it blew my mind to the stars.
But still, I remember the trailer of Kung fu panda that it was crap but the movie was awesome...And I never liked FO3, because it felt like an Oblivion mod
:baka:

likaq

Arcane
Thank god Kickstarter happened.

o0e8gx.gif

^
Pls someone change xbox one logo into fallout 4 logo and ps4 logo into AoD logo . :)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I can. I can wait.

Goddammit I fucking hate Bethesda so much that this news is just making me boil with the darkest contempt.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
No thanks. Didn't even watch the trailer because I'm edgy like that - in fact I barely gave enough of a fuck to make this:

BYHqAqP.png

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Well at least this time around I have tons of good games to play. Now I only have to deal with all the hype and retards jerking Todd's cock over how amazing this turd is. Then again, I don't read gaming press anymore. So maybe, just maybe, I can completely block this thing out.
I've managed to completely block Eternity out.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Between the bloody awful and boring combat of not-Fallout 3 and bethesda's bloody awful writing and quest design in said game, I can't see myself ever buying this.

Might consider buying Obsidian's Fallout-license Slam Dunk suing 90% of the same art assets, if they're allowed one again.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't believe you people actually buy/pirate Bethesda games. It's good to feel superior.

Andnjord

Arcane
Aah, what a joy it is to see the Codex once again united with a common hatred, pristine and pure in its righteous anger. Truly the Incline divides it while the Decline gives it its purpose.

Also trailer looks like an uninspired, recycled shovelware russian game. Where did Bethesda millions go? Towards Todd's heightening surgery?

likaq

Arcane
I bet that protagonist is an android.

"I'm looking for my creator. Middle-aged guy. Have you seen him?"

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Aah, what a joy it is to see the Codex once again united with a common hatred, pristine and pure in its righteous anger.

The near-universal hatred of Bethesda remains the only thing which unites this forum. It is a bit precious.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Them staying out of the West coast don't mean anything. They've already brought FEV, super-mutants, BoS and Enclave with them. What's even the point.
Don't matter diddly. There is absolutely no such thing as franchise rape, because franchises are not real entities that can be raped. To pull off something like that, they'd need to instead hunt down and destroy every copy and info on the older games (plus New Vegas). This sort of thing is rarely tried because it doesn't work and it gives you bad rep for a long time (see, Nosferatu: Symphonie des Grauens). Fact remains that nothing Bethesda does can do anything to change the original game. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. They'll always remain the same, so you should do like Alan Moore says instead of what he does. I'll also let you know that overall Bethesda was p. cool to us at Van Buren, their primary concern was largely about us not using an engine they now legally own. We didn't get the kind of bullshit like Vaulderie got from CCP. MCA was still coolest.

I see them at least going to the East Coast as positive in the sense that they're trying to do SOMETHING of their own (even though in this regard I give them that the mutant bears are p. nice, and can't recall anything else off-hand). The biggest problem with Bethout is actually the fact that it's trying to be a franchise game on a very superficial and pointless level. But it's at least a token effort at doing things your own way.

Now that I've been established as a total shill... Well it's probably going to be pretty dumb, a sort of dartboard of ideas after a high school PnP geek roundup the way Fallout 3 was. Fallout 3 was very clearly done by a bunch of far too overenthusiastic people who like to roll with the first idea they get and not refine it, that's why the Capitol Wasteland is even more distinctively a theme park of ideas (in a rather negative sense, because the ideas were largely superficial and raw) than the previous two even though both have multiple designers working on different areas.

(I'll give Bethesda a tip of my hat if they manage to create their second NPC that's kind of a real character.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bet that protagonist is an android.

Yes, YES. That can explain how he managed to survive the war and live 200 years. He's actually a replicant, like in Terminator Salvation. That's the big plot twist.

30/10 Emotional Engagement

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lol, so much colour. Doesn't look like Gamebryo I know... Actually, this reminds me of that Unity trailer I watched with its clunky animation. Other than that, it seems that it is going to be theme park again with completely unrelated bits and pieces. And there will be Dogmeat. Goddammit, this is not my Dogmeat, it looks wrong!!! And we are going back in time in 2077 when the war started? Interesting.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Trailer contains the accurate representation of 99% of game's gameplay: that part where he shoots ghouls in a shop with carts and everything is brown and boring and shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom