Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Storm

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Deep game, much pro scene
Or a game with a perfect AI..!

Seriously though, they're as much pros as any other people with rank 1-5 it seems. Muradin wasted his stun on Anub for no reason, and Uther didn't even react in time to stop ETC's ult (which is pretty easy), instead running INTO the already ongoing ult. And none of them though about moving away from a slowing approaching ETC.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
More telling that 'pro' players got caught in that ability. It can be interrupted so at least one of them should have been staggered a bit behind the pack.

sbb

Learned
If anyone wants to stink it up with me in hots it's sbb#1936

DakaSha

Arcane
Bit off topic, but how long will Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 be free to play? Back to topic, my god that grind to lvl 30, just to PVP.:roll:

To play ranked? Why would anybody want to play ranked with somebody who doesnt at least have a basic understanding of the game? Even at 30, a lot people still dont understand objectives etc.
Obviously not everybody needs that long, but I dont see any other way of being sure that players at least have a rudimentary understanding of the game.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This game is so fucking good.

Finally released, and it's GLORIOUS!

Butcher being implemented soon :)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Blizzard started this.

They aren't ripping off of anything.

At any rate, LoL, HoN and DOTA 2, is ripping off Aeon of Strife and DOTA 1 models, which are BLIZZARDS property, u fegs.

Also, the models and overall graphics in HOTS looks so fucking good compared to the shit low res texture mess in dota 2 and lol.

Thank god.

My eyes literally hurt watching the shit models from that dota 2 screen :(

abija

Prophet
The texture res and polygon count is lower in HotS than Dota 2 you mongoloid.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Blizzard started this.

They aren't ripping off of anything.

At any rate, LoL, HoN and DOTA 2, is ripping off Aeon of Strife and DOTA 1 models, which are BLIZZARDS property, u fegs.

Also, the models and overall graphics in HOTS looks so fucking good compared to the shit low res texture mess in dota 2 and lol.

Thank god.

My eyes literally hurt watching the shit models from that dota 2 screen :(
Pretty sure some of the dota 1 models were original content.

What I find amusing is that the whole premise was initially just multiplayer dynasty warriors; RTS style. Wasn't even PvP in the beginning, it was a scripted (awesome) scenario you had to try and beat with 4 players and permadeath. You'd think Koei or Capcom or someone with a dynasty warriors ripoff would have tried their hand at this shit by now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
anyone playing this game is bronze level shit tier.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Too bad Blizzard can't make any serious games anymore. They have interesting settings (Warcraft, Diablo) but that is not enough on it's own. Their games are just shells of what they used to be years ago.

KK1001

Arbiter
I played 2500 hours of Dota, around 800 or so in League, and I have logged maybe 100 in HOTS.

It's pretty much worse in every category. The only advantage it has is that each individual game doesn't really require much focus. In Dota 2 and probably to a lesser extent League, your individual skill will, over enough games, determine what sort of other players you play with. As such, you need to focus. Especially in Dota 2, you have so much to do: ward, pull camps, deny, harass, rotate around the map, smoke gank, build items according to enemy composition, position yourself properly. In HOTS you have way less to do. Every hero has some variation of heal, stun, gap closer/escape, shield, and some sort of AOE or single target ultimate. Each map is played exactly the same: get objectives, team fight.

Dota 2 is clearly the best and only MOBA worth playing (I've recently retired after hitting 5.5k mmr). If you want a serious time sink, go play Dota 2.

The game has no future in the pro scene simply because the skill differential is inherently limited by the mechanics of the game. The difference between an okay player and a pro player is enourmous in Dota 2, and big in League - to a lesser extent, of course - as well.

I commend Blizzard for turning a pet project into a game that'll make some money, but it really does deserve that 6.5 rating.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Dota 2 is clearly the best and only MOBA worth playing (I've recently retired after hitting 5.5k mmr). If you want a serious time sink, go play Dota 2.

748f2aacebf44c600ddcddf9bd6ea9ac46498146a949caaa065d01e2332197f0.jpg

7/10

Learned
It took me about 150 hours to get completely sick of HoTS, although I've never bothered with Hero League. I honestly don't see this game lasting longer than a year. Blizzard is trying to out-casualize a game played by teenage girls and it's going to bite them in the ass. At some point, even the most casual of fags will bang his head against the extremely low skill ceiling and lose interest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom